RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide

RAHK

I like to use Dragon Battleaxe special while i'm on the boat, then switch to whip and put prayer on, by the time I do that (as long as i'm on hearts world) the game has already started, and it's great because you get max hit, I also wear dragon gloves,climbing boots,legends cape,rune defnder,fury,berserker ring/helm so it's really good exp along with tickets

dksignaturesp4.png

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not leaching. I usually kill the spinners or protect the gates so the stupid monsters can't get to the void knight. They line up and I help kill them. Starting with the torchers/defilers.

That way, the high levels don't need to worry about the spinners and they can zero in on the portals.

No no no. Let me rephrase that. On high-leveled pc worlds those actions are leaching. On ANY other world, you are doing EXACTLY what you should be doing! Sorry for the confusion.

The reason I said leach was because this guide refers to high-leveled worlds and groups.

According to Dictionary.com

leeching: One that preys on or clings to another

So using that, it isn't leeching. If I was leaching, I would walk in, get 50 pts and then walk to the boat and wait. There is a difference. I have seen the higher levels do pest control, I've even stumbled on a couple of them while I was buying runes there so I join them. I have found that they sometimes do need to have people protect the knight. And this was a 90+ guild (at least it looked that way).

This applies ONLY to organized, high-level groups/worlds:

Anything other than killing portals and catching spinners is leeching. Period. The only time high-leveled worlds need people killing shifters is when it has become infested with noobs who attack monsters. Period. When people are doing their job (aka not leeching) the round is over LONG before the void knight becomes endangered. He starts with 250 life and gets 60 healed per portal defeated. That is a max lifespan of 430 hp. Even if every monster spawned was hitting him simultaneaously he would be fine in the 40-80 seconds it takes per round. With 90+ groups ANYTHING other than killing portals, catching spinners, and, only when your portal is down, getting your 50 damage before proceeding to the next portal is leeching. Those are the only things that help the round and are therefore the ONLY things useful with those groups.

As long as you are active and not targeting splatters nearly every action is beneficial on non-90+ worlds.

I like to use Dragon Battleaxe special while i'm on the boat, then switch to whip and put prayer on, by the time I do that (as long as i'm on hearts world) the game has already started, and it's great because you get max hit, I also wear dragon gloves,climbing boots,legends cape,rune defnder,fury,berserker ring/helm so it's really good exp along with tickets

Dbaxe lowers your attack and spends your spec bar. Both of these things lower your damage output in fast rounds. BUT, like I said before, the longer the round, the more beneficial the dbaxe spec is. The problem is that long rounds are not a part of 90+ groups' tactics or common occurances. :wink:

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I am not leaching. I usually kill the spinners or protect the gates so the stupid monsters can't get to the void knight. They line up and I help kill them. Starting with the torchers/defilers.

That way, the high levels don't need to worry about the spinners and they can zero in on the portals.

No no no. Let me rephrase that. On high-leveled pc worlds those actions are leaching. On ANY other world, you are doing EXACTLY what you should be doing! Sorry for the confusion.

The reason I said leach was because this guide refers to high-leveled worlds and groups.

According to Dictionary.com

leeching: One that preys on or clings to another

So using that, it isn't leeching. If I was leaching, I would walk in, get 50 pts and then walk to the boat and wait. There is a difference. I have seen the higher levels do pest control, I've even stumbled on a couple of them while I was buying runes there so I join them. I have found that they sometimes do need to have people protect the knight. And this was a 90+ guild (at least it looked that way).

This applies ONLY to organized, high-level groups/worlds:

Anything other than killing portals and catching spinners is leeching. Period. The only time high-leveled worlds need people killing shifters is when it has become infested with noobs who attack monsters. Period. When people are doing their job (aka not leeching) the round is over LONG before the void knight becomes endangered. He starts with 250 life and gets 60 healed per portal defeated. That is a max lifespan of 430 hp. Even if every monster spawned was hitting him simultaneaously he would be fine in the 40-80 seconds it takes per round. With 90+ groups ANYTHING other than killing portals, catching spinners, and, only when your portal is down, getting your 50 damage before proceeding to the next portal is leeching. Those are the only things that help the round and are therefore the ONLY things useful with those groups.

As long as you are active and not targeting splatters nearly every action is beneficial on non-90+ worlds.

Dbaxe lowers your attack and spends your spec bar. Both of these things lower your damage output in fast rounds. BUT, like I said before, the longer the round, the more beneficial the dbaxe spec is. The problem is that long rounds are not a part of 90+ groups' tactics or common occurances. :wink:

Look where I bolded. If there is a spinner, I will call it and say I have it. That way, more people can get portal.

Look where I bolded. If there is a spinner, I will call it and say I have it. That way, more people can get portal.

Like I have said before getting spinners is good and not leeching. Like I have said before the other things you are saying that you do on high leveled worlds IS leeching. They do not help the portals fall so they leech from the speed of the round (since a portal/spinner killer could have taken that spot). Understand now?

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

Nice guide man, pfft needs no pictures, the words describe it like a picture 8-) helped me out alot :thumbsup:

Lol, thanks Ladrix. Words FTW!

RahkUrWrld.png

1) Very Informative

2) I think that using D2h spec would be a good way of getting 50 (or possibly 100+) damage quickly

3) I was wondering, how many points do you get per hour on average?

Hegel.png

1) Very Informative

2) I think that using D2h spec would be a good way of getting 50 (or possibly 100+) damage quickly

for question 2, you would have to be either surrounded or on a portal that has many spinners and a brawler preventing the npc's from roaming around to hit as much on a D2H special. and as for question number 3 its, on average, 50 points an hour :P

1) Very Informative

1. Thanks.

2. Read what topman204 said. The d 2hander is about the only weapon that I haven't tried it's spec in a pc game. There are two main reasons that I think that it is inferior. Firstly, it's use is situational. You can't unload the spec whenever otherwise you lose most of it's effectiveness. Secondly, it does little to speed up the round. While it may help you get your 50 points it will slow down the round which is counterproductive.

3. 50-70. I average just under a round a minute in a 2 or 3 hour span. If our team and/or I am not trying hard it can drop to as low as 40 an hour.

RahkUrWrld.png

Very detailed guide, lots of techniques to aid people in slaughtering portals. Who needs pics? We all know what PC looks like.

Can't wait to apply for Affliction, 7 more levels. :P

Thanks. Lots of people believe that it can't be a guide without loads of pics. I can only think of one or two pictures that might help but I doubt it. Some guides are useless without pics but I think that they would get in the way of the information in this one, for the most part. Meh, to each their own. :)

RahkUrWrld.png

actually is initiate that useful?

if the pc team is really professional, the time it takes to finish a game wont used up your prayer

Three reasons:

1. Initiate (as opposed to other prayer boosters) provides some meager melee defense. It is just enough that I am basically invincible since joining Affliction. Another aspect of the prayer issue is that you can be a level 90 with flat 75s and only 34 prayer. With your best offensive prayers on, it will only last less than a minute. While most rounds take that time or less there are many that don't.

2. No matter what, every round won't be perfect. I have had 4 other people (lowest combat was 107) unload 4 dds specs each with the highest hit a 7. As soon as we hit the portal it spawned a spinner... followed by 3 others. That round took almost 3 whole minutes *shudders*.

3. This is the biggy: Why not? What else could you POSSIBLY put in the chest and legs' slots that would benefit your melee damage output? If you plan on using magic then I suggest not wasting your damage output with non-mage gear. Range? I think not. Defense is pointless and prayer is the only offensive stat that those slots can raise.

So, regardless of your group, it is better to be safe than sorry when the freak round hits and you have run out of prayer. Nothing can assure 100% flawless rounds so take the proper precautions to keep your damage output maxed.

RahkUrWrld.png

• 1 month later...

i no u said def dsnt mater but still u shode try an obby shield

gives the same str bones as rune defnder but more def bones

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

i no u said def dsnt mater but still u shode try an obby shield

gives the same str bones as rune defnder but more def bones

It is nearly impossible to die in ~60 seconds during PC. I would by far prefer the extra slash/stab attack for the halved defense. I have tried it and the defender is FAR superior I can assure you.

RahkUrWrld.png

• 2 weeks later...
Hey RAHK, update ur guide with proselyte armour.

Good idea. No time to take pics etc. but I will make a note of it. :)

RahkUrWrld.png

For those who don't want to get potions.

Dragon battleaxe special, switch to second weapon (Dragon Scimitar for me), Switch on the best Reflexes prayer you can use (Incredible Reflexes reccomended). Since incredible reflexes boosts attack by 15% it almosts cancels the attack drain of battle axe special, I think.

58 prayer and most of time time I don't run out of prayer, unless we lose of course. Feel free to wear whatever armour you want, Full Rune Gold Trimmed ftw!

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

For those who don't want to get potions.

Dragon battleaxe special, switch to second weapon (Dragon Scimitar for me), Switch on the best Reflexes prayer you can use (Incredible Reflexes reccomended). Since incredible reflexes boosts attack by 15% it almosts cancels the attack drain of battle axe special, I think.

58 prayer and most of time time I don't run out of prayer, unless we lose of course. Feel free to wear whatever armour you want, Full Rune Gold Trimmed ftw!

... This is a far worse setup... The whole point of this guide is using the best of the best for the fastest of the fast games. Your setup is less average damage than mine even without pots. Try both and you will see. You will average much more damage in a minute from the 4 dds specs and poison that you will from the extra points in strength. Wearing glitzy armor is pointless. Choosing defense over prayer is pointless. I am not sure if you get what this is about. :?

RahkUrWrld.png

• 1 month later...