Idea for a few new additions to Castle Wars

Dayking321

Sorry about my really crummy spelling...

So, we all know castle wars, a great mini game, which has not been updated for awhile. I thought of these additions to castle wars, and, well here they are :D.

The Ballista

Simmaler(sp) to the catapult, the ballista is a feild wepion that can only be used by people with a range level of fourty or higher. It is located on the feild, and is highly effective against foot troops. It can be damaged by eather being set alight, or by being hit by an explosive pot.

The max hit of the ballista is 50, and is lowered by one for every 5 range defense a person has (So, a person with 50 range def can only be hit 40, 100, 30 and so on). Ballista bolts can be obtained at the supply room.

Construction in Castle Wars

With the new construction skill, you have been limited to houses-limiting its popularity. This part of my suggestion will allow you to build better barracades, and even small outposts using Construction.

New barracades

These barracades reqire a saw and a hammer (obtanable from supply room) and some planks (obtanable from supply room, but not avalable to be taken out of cwars)

Level 1: Barracade. Has 50 HP and gives 5 con xp. Needs 5 Planks

Level 5: Heavy Barracade. Has 75 HP and gives 10 con xp. Needs 10 planks

Level 20: Oak Barracade. Has 100 HP and gives 50 con xp. Needs 5 Oak planks.

Level 30: Heavy Oak Barracade. Has 150 HP and gives 100 con xp. Needs 15 Oak planks

Level 50: Teak Barracade. Has 200 HP and gives 150 Con xp. Needs 10 Teak planks.

Level 65: Heavy Teak Barracade. Has 250 HP and gives 200 Con xp. Needs 15 Teak Planks

Level 70: Limestone Barracade. Has 275 HP and gives 225 Con xp. Needs 10 Limestone blocks.

Level 75: Mahogany Barracade. Has 300 HP and gives 250 Con xp. Needs 10 Mahogany planks.

Level 80: Heavy Mahogany Barracade. Has 350 HP and gives 300 Con xp. Needs 20 Mahogany planks.

Level 90: Marble Barracade. Has 400 HP and gives 500 Con xp. Needs 20 Marble blocks

Level 99: Gilded Barracade. Has 500 HP and gives 750 Con xp. Needs 25 Marble blocks and 2 Gold Leafs.

You can still use the normal barracades.

Outposts

Basically, an outpost is a building, that can be used by any team. They can be used by any team. An outpost would be used as a platform for rangers and mages-like the castle walls. They also give a good veiw of the battlefeild. Basic outposts can have nothing in them, but better ones have hotspots-simmlar to rooms in your POH. Each team is limited to three outposts. Hotspots include:

Healing spot (heals you) (Need 30 Con) Only in Oak and up

Ballista (Need 50 Con to build one) Only in Mahogany and up

Flag Holder (Need 10 Con) Only in Oak and up

Ballista Bolts table (Need 5 Con) Only in Mahogany and up

Boiling Oil (Deals damage to foes below) (Need 25 Con) Only in Teak and up

Boiler (supplies boiling oil) (Need 5 Con) Only in Teak and up

Outposts can be damaged and dystroyed(sp) by catapults, ballistas, rams, any fire-based spells, and arrows higher then Mithril and Adament and above wepions.

Here are the outposts and what level reqired to build:

Level 10: Woodern Outpost. Need 25 Planks. Has 50 HP

Level 25: Oak Outpost. Need 25 Oak Planks. Has 100 HP

Level 50: Teak Outpost. Need 15 Teak Planks and 5 Limestone Blocks. Has 250 HP

Level 75: Mahogany Outpost. Need 15 Mahogany planks and 10 Marble blocks. Has 350 HP.

Level 85: Stone Outpost. Need 25 Limesone blocks. Has 450 HP.

Level 90: Marble Outpost. Need 25 Marble blocks. Has 500 HP.

Level 99: Gilded Outpost. Need 25 Marble blocks and a gold leaf. Invincible.

Now, if you read that all the way through, good work :thumbsup: . Please reply and dont spam. If you disagree, please state why :).

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

Sorry, but I'm not for it. Way to complicated and way to many supplies. If things like this get added on Castle Wars will simply become a RuneScape in 30 minutes game.

Sorry

sig2yq6.png

Presto instant eggs.
i have the solution to "goblin diplomacy"...kill wartface and bentnoze.

First it'd Barricades, not barracades.

I Like the idea of building your own Barricade, but i posted an outpost idea in the runescape forums, and taking a GOLD LEAF into the game when it is almost worth 1M...Would you take that to a 20 minute game?

And i dont like the idea of Ballistas hitting up to 50!!!

Said Zamorak, Thoust shall bring chaos and spread destruction across the land.

Said Guthix, Thoust shall bring balance between all.

Said Saradomin, Thoust shall bring peace and spread holyness across the land.

you should be able to make a "turtle" by grouping together some guys with shields so you can like do.....stuff without getting hit by ranged attacks.....by much

How about, if your team wins, you get extra XP in stats of you choice once finished, similarly to Pest Control.

This would be a huge addition, without being a huge addition.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

How about, if your team wins, you get extra XP in stats of you choice once finished, similarly to Pest Control.

This would be a huge addition, without being a huge addition.

That sounds like a good idea. I like the idea of getting xp in a non-combat skill, after winning :D.

First it'd Barricades, not barracades.

I Like the idea of building your own Barricade, but i posted an outpost idea in the runescape forums, and taking a GOLD LEAF into the game when it is almost worth 1M...Would you take that to a 20 minute game?

And i dont like the idea of Ballistas hitting up to 50!!!

Firstly, gold leafs are supplied, and im sorry if I did not make that clear (But, any consturction-based items are not taken out of the game with you.) And, catapults can already hit high damage on you, and commonly. Ballistas will also be on the feild-making them easier to kill then catapults.

First I think cw should give only fighting xp but not construction,and getting ur own stuff makes cw become rich guys' mini game, that will be bad :?

You will only need a few people with decent construction to be an effective team.

I think Castle Wars is fine as it is. :)

So do I, but who says we cant make it better :D.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

intersting suggestions. First time that I read this I thought that you were suggesting that people brought their won marble blocks and gold leaf into the game! For a 20 minute game, thats a lot of money to throw away! Also, I dont know about you, but I would never have 25 inv spaces for marbe + 1 for gold leaf. I carry quite a bit of stuff into CW, melee, range and magic armour, + runes, bow lightness boots etc. I think that the idea is a little impractical.

My biggest gripe with CW, and the only thing that really needs to be sorted out is the team selection. If you have a few level 100's on one team, then it's easy wins. No high level player is going to want to go on the other team cos it's a loss most of the time and 20 mins wasted.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Wait would you be getting your own supplies for castlewars like marble blocks? Or does castlewars provide them?

Either way, its a bad idea.

If castlewars provided the materials, its easy construction experience.

If you had to bring your own, youd need 25 marble blocks for those high level barricades.. thats um, like 8mil in supplies for a barricade?

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Wait would you be getting your own supplies for castlewars like marble blocks? Or does castlewars provide them?

Either way, its a bad idea.

If castlewars provided the materials, its easy construction experience.

If you had to bring your own, youd need 25 marble blocks for those high level barricades.. thats um, like 8mil in supplies for a barricade?

He's already said that all supplies will be respawning, like bandages, picks, etc. etc., and can't leave the castle wars game. Does anyone really read everything, or just skim over prices?

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.