~ Ways to stop autoers, post here! ~

tb_uk

How about this:

When I see autoers that have encountered a random event they just ignore it. They wont react until the random event either teleports them or attacks them.

Maybe if Jagex allowed us to challenge eachother to death matches and/or duels we could kill the autoers ourselves.

The challenges will work like random events but its a time limit instead.

You have 30 seconds to accept or decline. If you dont say an answer the match will begin once the time limit runs out.

This next idea of mine will hopefully keep the autoers from leaving lumbridge castle at all.

At the front of the castle make a gate guarded by guards just like the al kharid guards but make them answer 3 questions to get them to open up.

Or charge a fee of 50 gold. To get money right after you died like in the wilderness you have to kill the people inside or maybe Jagex could make you be able to work in the kitchen with the chef like the banana guy on karajma.

Neither of those ideas will work. The first one because

1. A deob bot would take the packet sent to it, and know someone is asking for a fight and will decline

2. Some sort of notification will have to show up, and a colour clicker could find this and click decline.

The second one wouldnt either

1. A deob bot would be able to both answer the questions, and get the gold.

2. A clicker could answer the questions and get the gold.

Plus, what about the people doing something else while playing runescape? Ive played legitly before while talking on msn and i died from a random. I would have lost 20k of arrows if i didnt have an account nearby to log into and pick it back up.

And the money paying thing would annoy the hell out of death trainers, and people pking who just want to get back up to the wildy quickly.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

because a community I'm signed up at is soon to release a bot which updates with...

Dare I even ask? :shock:

Anyway...

Sadly I'm seeing less and less that can be done about the problem the more I read here.

I suppose there is one way to end the vast majority of autoers, but it would make a lot of people angry and lose Jagex a lot of business.

Jagex could simply require people to provide real-world identification in order to create any accounts at all. F2P would remain free, but you would have to somehow prove your identity by giving them your credit card, confirming by mail, or some other method of tracking you down in real life.

I think that would be the most extreme case, but it would at least prevent people from making autoers with impunity, as no cheater will ever want to give out their personal contact details.

...Although, even then I can see people creating hacksites for the sole purpose of stealing accounts to turn into autoers... #-o

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

This seems like a great suggestion I'm really liking it. All three ideas are well thought out.

oooh oooh! I've got an idea to stop the autoers! This might seem confusing but... report them!

Easiest solution :P

Woodcutting:

1) Make more randoms appear near yew tree hotspots

2) Report them :|

3) Make yew trees move(just like one square) each time cut down.

Mining:

1) Report them :|

Fishing:

1) Report them :|

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

i thought of a way to stop them

get some mod and make them lvl 3 defualt style.. when they talk there will be no crown.... like a plaincloth police!

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

umm... well, autoers are only annoying when they're trying to get the resources, not when they're in some isolated dump leveling... why do i only find those resources people annoying? i'm trying to mine coal and they just come in and mine beside you... now that's annoying.. i think some of the bigger problems is that jagex doesn't have as many people on the f2p worlds than on the p2p worlds. that's a big problem since all the autoing is in the f2p worlds... well, allow us to cast teleother in f2p worlds (like give us one) and let us have fun teleing those people into lumby or something... i know it's not the best idea, but it will screw them over... or for the random events, have them look at a picture, and have them type in what the picture writes, like they used to have for sleeping bags... really, i all i want is to tele them somewhere else, and be able to tele like a lesser or something... that would amusing teleing lessers into lumby... and teleing them there too... this is assuming teleother is a force tele...