Quickly Help! Virus I Think!

PumpkinPete112

Recently on AIM i got sent a link from a good friend asking if she cared if i put a picutre of me on, i clicked the link and nothing came up. Refreshed and nothing. So today i talked to her and she didnt send me it, we think it was a virus.

I immediatly panicked and ran a full system scan with Norton 2006 and Spyware S & D and some spyware was found (it was always on here)

So could i have a virus or was it blocked?

I have Norton 2006 and my virus definitions are up-to-date

I believe i have a firewall

I opened the link with Firefox.

Since i really didnt see any harmful things on my comp, could it not have been transferred or maybe can i not find it?

Sig

You're lucky you opened it with firefox! I had this problem before; it asked me if I wanted to save the file to disk instead of running automatically.

But to be sure, I'd check with AIMfix. It should pick up (if anything) the AIM virus.

Next time, please check links before clicking!

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.

You opened it with firefox? This is lucky that firefox have stronger security than other browser.

lol o__O are you serious i would recall it having one of the worst.Opera and IE are way safer in my opinion...i dont see why everyone is such a firefox fan

i use firefox for video downloading..pretty much it

Opera and IE are way safer in my opinion
Yes it is your opinion. But your opinion is wrong and the facts say otherwise

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

dont click random links, especially from people you don't know...

and in the case it is someone you know... talk to them first. If they say "hey click here!" and then when you say "long time no see, whats up" and they don't respond... well you can assume they've been infected by the same virus they are trying to send you.

Its especially obvious when you get 2 or 3 identical messages from different people, or the same message several times by one person.

You opened it with firefox? This is lucky that firefox have stronger security than other browser.

lol o__O are you serious i would recall it having one of the worst.Opera and IE are way safer in my opinion...i dont see why everyone is such a firefox fan

i use firefox for video downloading..pretty much it

IE would have automatically run the AIM virus, therefore infecting his computer. Firefox asks you beforehand and therefore, he is saved. :)

I hope you have checked for the virus by now, Free_Steel1.

==================================

Retired tip.it moderator.

Teaching and inspiring.