Guide to Teaming the King Black Dragon

gatesn276

This might be a slighlty overused topic, with other guides on it, but who says there can't be different versions?

This guide is not for people who choose to solo it, so don't hate me for that. It is also not a guide for people with lower defencive levels. It is, however, geared toward combat 80+ melee killers of the KBD.

Getting Started:

-Get on a relatively populated world 1400+ so the KBD spawns faster

-Bring however many friends as you'd like, although the profits are more

slim with more people.

-Make sure there is not an excessive amount of pkers on your world.

Supplies:

Weapons-

It is optional to bring more then one weapon to kill the KBD, but a ddp++(formerly known as dds) to poisonn it/hit some specials on it, as well as another high-and-accurate-hitting weapon(whip/d scimmy) is recommended.

Armor- ALWAYS HAVE ANTI-FIREBREATH SHIELD EQUIPPED!

1. Team of 3 and under-

A. Protecting from melee-

I suggest to bring best magic bonus as possible. Example:The body, the legs, and the vambs of the hgihest dragonhide you can wear. Bring a Glory amulet or Power amulet, although Power amulet is cheaper, and provides better defencive bonuses. For a cape, I'd bring God cape or legend's cape, although I recommend God cape. As for the boots, bring whatever you want, I suggest boots of lightness to help you run longer if attacked by a pker. For a helmet, wear whatever you want, though an archer helm has negative meleee attacks bonuses. Gloves optional. Ring of life recommended.

ALWAYS HAVE ANTI-FIREBREATH SHIELD EQUIPPED!

B. Protecting from magic-

Bring the best melee bonus you can afford to lose if you die from the KBD/pkers. I'd suggest the following: Berserker/warrior helm, obby cape, Power/Glory amulet, rune platebody and legs, and boots of lightness. Gloves optional. Ring of life recommended

2. Team of 5 and up-

A. You won't need to worry about great armor bonuses, because the KBD basically does an imitation of my sister playing Dance Dance Revolution \' \' (spins around, without attacking too often) so initiate is recommended by me to boost your prayer for ultimate strength and clarity of thought. Bring glory, power, or Unholy Symbol of Zamorak amulets, as they all work well in this case. Cape is once again your choice: obsidian, legend's or God cape, and boots of lightness is once again chosen. Gloves optional. ring of life recommended.

Inventory-

1. Food-

For the people who team with 3 or less people-

Bring food that you can eat in one bite, monkfish and above is recommened here as you'll be taking more damage from the KBD then the teamer's of 5+. Bring around 20 slots of your choice of food. This can be increased or decreased based on how you see it fit.

For the people who team with 5+ people-

Bring food which you can eat in one bite, lobsters and above is recomended. Bring around 15 slots for food, since you won't be taking as much damage as the 3 and under teamer's. This can be increased or decreased based on how you see it fit.

2. Potions-

3 and under teamers-

Bring 2 super attack(4) and 2 super strength(4), and 3 prayer pots(4) /super restore pots(4). This can be increased or decreased based on how you see it fit.

5 and up teamers- Bring the same stuff as the 3 and under teamers, except 1 more of each potion.

3. Teleports-

For both sets of teamers, try and bring 1 click teleports such as ectophial(must complete Ghost's Ahoy), or teleports that take 2 spaces such as Ardougne teleport or Camelot teleport. Although the entrance to the KBD's lair IS in the wild, the actual lair is not, so teleportation

is able to be used.

Getting there- Unfortunately, as mentioned before, the 276's lair is in the treacherous wild, so getting may pose a problem to the smaller teams. The lair is in the low 40's part of the wild.

Starting from Edgeville-

Simple as just going straight north until you see the entrance to the lair.

Starting from Varrock-

Go north until you see a teleportation obelisk. keep activating and teleporting using this until you find yourself in 44 wild. Then basically just head slightly southeast(VERY SLIGHLTY!) and you'll see the entrance.

Starting from Goblin Village-

Be carefull, geading this way will lead you past extremelly popular pking spots, the green dragons in lvl 12 wild, and the dark knight's castle. Go north until you reach level 42 wild, then turn east, until you se the entrance to his lair.

Starting at Mage Bank-

EXTREME RISK OF BEING PKED! I wouldn't suggest this way, but it is your items... Exit the Mage Bank using the lever, and you'll be in a house with two cobwebs to slash through. Do so, then head east until you reach the northeast part of the Mage Arena. Then head southeast until you reach some hellhouunds. Run east past these, until you see a gate you can go through. Go through this, then follow it westerly until you are past the rune rocks. Head south and there you are.

Teleporting to Ice Plateou using Lunar Magic-Idea By Chenw -Thanks-

Get in a 3x3 square by the lunar mage. He will teleport you to Ice Plateou, west of the wilderness agility course. Run east along the fence until you come to a gate. Then get to the other side of the fence and run alongside it, this time, head towards the west. Pass the rune rocks and head south, and you'll see the entrance to his lair.

Fighting the KBD-

-Try and get a loose square around the center of the room where the KBD usually spawns. Why not a circle, you may ask? With a circle, the chances are hgiher that the KBD spawns on top of your fellow teammates which is not good. They flaunder around for a few moments, trying to be able to attack the dragon.

-Use your potions wisely, as well as your food.

-If people are already there, change worlds to make it fair for them.

-If you're afraid of taking damage, have the person with the highest damage run to where the uncut sapphire is. Tha is where it's head normally is when it spawns, making that person take the damage for the frist attack.

-Have fun :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Credits:

-People I"ve gone KBDing with(I will not mention names)

-Me

-And, of course, the KBD :thumbsup:

-chenw-Lunar magic teleport

Hope you enjoyed this guide, tell me if I left anything out, please. I do not have pics at the moment, due to my screenshot machine not working. It might take me a while to add pcitures.

You:Aol is messing my computer up.

Aol:You said you want to use broadband now?

You:NO! Aol lets in hackers...

Aol:Thanks for upgrading to premium services!

*$213 bill arrives in mail as computer crashes*

you forgot 1 method to get there : Lunar teleport. Get everybody into a 3x3 square and ask the Lunar Mage to teleport to Ice Plateau. This will bring you west of the agility course, and if you run, you will still have energy to run in the kbd lair.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Nice guide :) . Although I agree with cocacolabottle, pictures make it better and easier to understand.

I take the canoe to get to KBD lair. Never tried using the lvl 96 ancient tele, I heard it's pretty fast. Though the lunar group tele is better with groups. Never tried teaming the KBD lol :P , only solo. I always pray melee, I get owned when praying mage. IMO praying melee is way better.

Also, while waiting for the KBD to respawn, you can recharge your prayer at the temple west of the lava maze.