New "Market Mod" Position? *Can be locked/deleted*

I've noticed that some people don't exactly know the price of items they are buying or selling in the Marketplace forums. I know that there is a "Price Check" thread that's stickied, but I personally know that not everyone uses it. I reccomend having a small group of people that go through the threads in the market, and just check the accuracy of the prices that people post. Perhaps they could also give advice to people on how to better buy and sell items every now and again.

This is just one of my many random ideas that pop in my head. ::' Tell me what you think.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I think having a small group of people who keep a thread up-to-date with market prices is a good idea. People constantly say, "Why don't you have an up-to-date price list?" It's a good idea however it may be one of those that sounds like fun when setting it up, but people quickly get bored with the tedious task of doing it. It'd be nice if people would be interested in doing such a thing but it seems like a job that would get tiring fast.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I agree with TheSith. I think people would line up for the job for whatever reasons (have some price control, some feeling of power over saying what costs what which could be a bad thing, or just for recognition), but that's definitely a kind of job they would get bored of extremely fast after the luxury of whatever power they think they have wears off and they get bored.

Most of the time they'd be doing it for themselves, not to help others. There's only a few people that I think truly would be good for such a position, who really have an interest in the market, and would objectively price things without bias. Because of how difficult that would be, I say just let the task of finding the price be up to the buyers and sellers. Let them use their own brains and look at forums for price ranges and sell then. Having set prices people post, even ranges, is just a bad idea overall in my opinion and can rarely be done right.

(Why do I make such long posts about such simple things? <.< )

One solution to the problem of people getting bored easily is to create shifts.

EX:) There is 4 groups of 2+ people each. There is one admin assigned to them (doesn't have to be a new admin) Every week a different group of people fulfils/does that job.

Good idea?

You're right. It probably would get a bit boring after a while... Ah well. I guess everything can't be as fun as Runescape. ::' If I happen to think of some random solution to this, I'll let you know. :roll:

To saidada: I'm not sure switching out the position to people would be such a good idea. That's just my opinion though, so you should see what other people think about it.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

^^ can you elaborate on why?? I would really like to know

Actually, now that I think back on it, I'm starting to like the idea more and more. ::'

Sorry I couldn't give you a reply sooner. School is killing my free time on th internet. :boohoo:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png