Bonfires

swordrond

It has come to my attention that for all the recent updates in the Runescape world, to me, prayer is a underdeveloped skill with so much potential.

Whether or not this idea will be well received I don't know, but I suggest bonfires and offerings. Basically, you will need to collect a number of logs, and a new option will be available: Pile up logs.

Once you have piled up a satisfactory number of logs, you will of course be able to ignite them using your tinderbox. This is where the prayer part comes in. To a bonfire, you will be able to offer a variety of armour and weapons to your chosen deity, and this will level up your prayer exp. Of course, the better the item, the more exp you will gain. For example, offering your god a rune chestplate will gain you more prayer experience than offering him a bronze dagger. Now, I'm not suggesting that we would all offer rune chestplates, but the idea is simple enough. A great way to get rid of all of the bronze, iron and steel chestplates you forged when training up your smithing level. Also the perfect way to make use of all those black squares and mith swords and spears that would otherwise go to waste when killing moss giants.

Another addition to this idea is that your God could perhaps repay the favour and demonstrate his appreciation for your offering is to give you a bonus for a short while, very much like a special attack. This bonus would vary depending upon which God you submitted your offering unto.

What do you think? is this a good idea?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Swordrond.

sw1.jpg

Good idea :)

~ÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâêÃÆââ¬Â¦Ã¢ââ¬Ã°ÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâáÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâçÃÆÃâÃâãbÃÆââ¬Â¦Ã¢ââ¬Ã¡ÃÆââ¬Å¾Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ ÃÆââ¬Å¾ÃâàÃÆââ¬Â¦ÃâëÃÆýÃâó~

buddy2copyjx5.gif

newscape300x50hu4.gif

shopcopynl5.pngsigcd4.gif

Yeah, it just annoyed me how long it took to gain prayer exp through burying bones. It just got me thinking that there HAD to be another way... especially one that incorporates other skills too.

Thanks for the feedback, its greatly appreciated.

sw1.jpg

yeah, forgive me, I didn't mean underdeveloped in that sense. I am very impressed with the new range of prayers, I just meant underdeveloped and uninteresting in the way that prayer experience is gained. I find it bland that currently, the only way to gain experience in that field is to bury bones. Quite frankly, its boring.

sw1.jpg

kk. and sorry that i posted with just my criticism and not any feedback. it is a pretty cool idea. but don't forget... if ur member, u can get prayer exp by shade burning and the ectofunctus(probably wrong spelling)

i do like the idea tho. im f2p so it wouldn't affect me if this idea came into play cuz they'd of course make it p2p only.

truevamopcopynh4.gif

When I Have It, It's the World's. When I Don't Have It, The World Is Mine.

This is a good idea, but to keep people from leveling to 90 in a day how bout you drain you prayer for everyitem you toss into the bofire, that way you would have to recharge you prayer before tossing in another object if your a low level, also I see a problem in this BONFIRES EVERYWHERE EXTRA EXTRA Varrock recently burned down from over use of new prayer, wcing, and fming addition, make it so that bonfire could only be held in specific places like at the monastary there could be a fire pit to start a bonfire and in the wild maybe like at that temple with all the bones.

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

This is a good idea, but to keep people from leveling to 90 in a day how bout you drain you prayer for everyitem you toss into the bofire, that way you would have to recharge you prayer before tossing in another object if your a low level, also I see a problem in this BONFIRES EVERYWHERE EXTRA EXTRA Varrock recently burned down from over use of new prayer, wcing, and fming addition, make it so that bonfire could only be held in specific places like at the monastary there could be a fire pit to start a bonfire and in the wild maybe like at that temple with all the bones.

I like the idea of specific places for the bonfire but the monastary and chaos temple (wildy place with the bones) kinda defeats the purpose of it drainging prayer doesn't it? Specific places out of the way like an abandoned building on Karamja or something.

superawesomesiggynessck6.jpg

Imhomer.png

mabye have it a bit like farming, specific patchs where you can build a bonfire

also if this hasnt been already said; give more prayer xp for the bigger the bonfire and you need certin firemaking lvls to build bigger fires

untitled6kv7.gif

maybe for like for certain firemaking lvls you can make bigger fires but instead of higher exp they jusst last longer allowing you to put more items in before it burns out

lvl 20 for 5 log(lasts for very short amount of time)

lvl 35 for 10 log

lvl 55 for 15 log

lvl 75 for 20 log

lvl 95 for 25 log (lasts really long)

But also what would be cool would be like it said in the original post that you could choose to pray to a certain god when you burn a bonfire and like the fire would be red for zammy, blue for sara, and green for guthix and maybe with the idea of pits for fires, like zammy's pit would be in the wild and would give more exp but last short so you don't get pk'd while worshipping him, sara pit could be like in Port Sarim or Ruddlebank and would last longer since he wants his followers to worship him for as long as possible but u wouldn't get as much xp, and the guthix pit could be by the goblin village and would last longer than zammy but shorter than sara and would give more xp than Sara but not as much as Zammy because he is the god of balance and maybe there would be others in member's places but I can't and don't want to think of any

Edit: I just noticed that with a 25 log fire you could only toss 3 things maybe you could note items like high alching but only for the 20 and 25 log fires

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338