More uses for the Family Crest gauntlets

Hairdog

Uber gaunts

They give you greater power than the ring of charos and allow jedi mind tricks on women

That'd explain the 22 sons then? :lol:

lmfao I think it would explain that. =D>

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I was just thinking, if the guy from Family Crest had 22 sons (1 for each skill) instead of 3 for you to help out, what would be the gauntlets you'd get from each son at the end (obviously this is just hypothetical, otherwise it'd be an EXTREMELY long quest :lol:). We already have Cooking Gauntlets, Smithing Gauntlets and Chaos (magic) Gauntlets.

If there was a pair of Gauntlets for every skill, what would each pair do? Try to be as unique as you can.

Some examples:

Runecrafting Gauntlets: Lower the level at which you can craft double natures to 85, and make double laws available at level 93.

Farming Gauntlets: Reduce the growing time by 25% for all crops when worn.

Theiving Gauntlets: Greatly reduce the chances of being caught when theiving from Guards, Knights, Paladins and Heroes.

Woodcutting Gauntlets: Gives a chance to obtain 2 logs at the same time when chopping trees oak and above.

It's an excellent idea.

But the funny thing that came across my mind would be the Father has to be very potent to create that many children. The Mother also have to be very healthy to give birth 22 times fro 22 children.

That also meant that the Mother will have to be married at quite a young age, and when the last child was born, the first one will already be about 22 years old!

Sorry...kinda drifted off-topic...Hitpoints Gloves! It doubles your current HP level as long as you have it on?

Doraemon FTW! =)

I was just thinking, if the guy from Family Crest had 22 sons (1 for each skill) instead of 3 for you to help out, what would be the gauntlets you'd get from each son at the end (obviously this is just hypothetical, otherwise it'd be an EXTREMELY long quest :lol:). We already have Cooking Gauntlets, Smithing Gauntlets and Chaos (magic) Gauntlets.

If there was a pair of Gauntlets for every skill, what would each pair do? Try to be as unique as you can.

Some examples:

Runecrafting Gauntlets: Lower the level at which you can craft double natures to 85, and make double laws available at level 93.

Farming Gauntlets: Reduce the growing time by 25% for all crops when worn.

Theiving Gauntlets: Greatly reduce the chances of being caught when theiving from Guards, Knights, Paladins and Heroes.

Woodcutting Gauntlets: Gives a chance to obtain 2 logs at the same time when chopping trees oak and above.

It's an excellent idea.

But the funny thing that came across my mind would be the Father has to be very potent to create that many children. The Mother also have to be very healthy to give birth 22 times fro 22 children.

That also meant that the Mother will have to be married at quite a young age, and when the last child was born, the first one will already be about 22 years old!

Sorry...kinda drifted off-topic...Hitpoints Gloves! It doubles your current HP level as long as you have it on?

Thats way too overpowered. That effectively turns the maximum for hp into 198, and considering the average member has a hp of 50, it effectively turns the hp of most members into 100. A more balanced idea would be something like 10 hp restored if hp is below 10% and it has been 10 seconds after the end of combat.

Gloves of Reason (Prayer Gloves)

Wearing these gloves makes the wearer act as if the "Protect Item" prayer is on at all times, giving you 4 items instead of the usual 3.

- Does NOT stack with the protect item prayer (no 5 item protect)

- Does NOT work in the wilderness

- Does NOT work when you are skulled

- Gives a +2 prayer bonus

- Slightly protects against the undead

- Gives +20 to crush (used only in special occassions *kq*)

Fishing Gaunlets - When catching Lobsters, Sharks and swordfish you catch them 2x faster. When in trawler you gain a temporialy (invsable) +5 fishing.

I think the fishing gaunts would have to be a tad bit more creative, to distinguish from cooking gaunts.

Maybe

They allow you to only catch swordies when you hit level 76?

And there's a 1/20 chance of you catching 2 fish instead of one?

I dunno, I think that would be a tad too generic.

Updated combat gaunts.

Wildman Gauntlets - Has a chance of making you either you max hit or 0. (Every 1 in 10 attacks or so has this effect.)

Gauntlets of Knowledge - Accuracy of your attacks is increased based upon your attack, range, or mage level (depending on style of attack). If you're using magic attacks, they have a chance of not using runes. (slight chance.)

Theft Gauntlets - When attacking, has a slight chance of stealing an opponents stat equal to a quarter of the damage you dealt and adding it to your own. (Except hp and prayer). (Example, if you hit a 20, a random stat of you're opponent's is reduced by 5 and the same stat on you is increased by 5)

Different stuf[bleep]e.

Hands of God - restores prayer points when you bury bones.

Handyman Fingertips - Decreases planking cost, uses less nails on stuff that uses nails (construction stuff). Invisible +1 to con. (I know there's other stuff that adds to con, but I feel like adding more ^.^)

Alliaceous Gloves - If you ID an herb, instead of becoming the herb it should be, it might become an herb of some higher level. You still get the same xp as you should have though.

Green Gloves - Less chance of crop death when you plant with these.

I know they're all stupid ideas. ^o^ But an idea is an idea, can't change that fact.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

Prayer- +prayer bonus (your lvl divided by 10, rounded up)

Range- lower chance of losing arrows

Runecrafting- not sure here :?

Construction- less nails used, lowers cost of making planks

Agility- Allows you to 100% make any obstacle, even above your level(recharge gauntlets [3/3 charges] by talking to the appropriate brother)

Herblore- chance of making (4) potion

Thieving- lowers chance of failing a pickpocket/lockpick

crafting- no idea :-s

fletching- ^

Slayer- increased accuracy on slayer monsters(and assignments[melee, magic, range accuracy])

Mining- faster swings

smithing- less coal used in bars (steel 1 coal, mith 3, adamant 5, rune 6).

fishing- double fish chance

firemaking- allows you to make fire without a tinderbox

WC- increased chance of nest, or double logs

farming- increased crops, or lowers chance of diseased crops

eh, I got bored while killing 149 blue drags for slay.. none are overpowered and could be really usefull :P