Honors avatar

Lore

i could not see if this had already been added, but here is my input. i believe is is in some oher forums, but i cannot be sure... :-k

how about, in the space where mods/admins/etc have their special sigs, have a good old 5 star marker:

on each post, there could be a "rate my post!" button, where you choose how good, thoughful, or useful the person's input is (out of 5). this gets averaged out over all of the user's posts that have been rated and, when the person gets more than 10 (or more) rates, their star thing comes up.

perhaps for emphasis of constant posters, there may be a colour code based on the current post count names

this idea would give an insight into whether the poster gives a few good points, a lot of terrible points, or somewhere in between.

this is just a suggestion, and i dunno if is is programmable (i personally hate anything with too many codes :XD: )

Not rate my post, but rate my profile.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Hey! Stop spam by promoting good! Why didn't we think of that before?! Maybe Honary avatars for other things to, like coming up with an idea that gets into RuneScape, or contributing an idea to the forums?

C2b6gs7.png

wow, kinda looks like it's all been said..

well, it was a good idea, can't say I didn't try.

interesting though that so many mods posted, whereas last time there was only one reply :-k

anyways, thankies to all who posted \'

I think just ex-staff, and saying what their job was.

And maybe as a sig rather than avatar?

And just as a point, ex-staff could mention it in their sig or avator anyway.

:thumbsup: I do suppot though! :thumbsup:

As much as it would be nice to get some recognition for the work done with a custom rank, or a special avatar, i would also like to bring into the discussion that there's multiple reasons for people to quit the staff, some better than others, and some people with have left the staff on a negative note, but still have contributed heavily to the site itself, and therefore the admins might be a bit unwilling to give the rank to one person, even tho s/he deserves it in the public eye.. I'm not talking about anyone specific, since most of the people who left the staff on a negative note from my time now have renewed and good relationships with most of the admins :)

I believe that it would be better for the admins just to allow old staff who wants it to have a custom rank on request (ask them when they quit for example), as a token of gratitude, and it would also seem less official then an avatar...

This is just my opinion as an ex-high-profiler here, Poke mentioned Kiara, E and myself, but our names are hard to miss on the mainsite, so we kinda get recognition enough through that, IMO...

If you're leaving staff, just request a custom rank. I just had mine changed to 'Retired', and I think it works quite well.

summerpngwy6.jpg

If you're leaving staff, just request a custom rank. I just had mine changed to 'Retired', and I think it works quite well.

Why wait until then though? :wink:

sig2ho7.jpg

Why wait until then though? :wink:

Oh, I had another before then (Last Defense?), but I wanted my rank to reflect the fact that I was a former staffie.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I like the idea, but I can see a few problems implementing it.

There is no doubt that people like Eeeeediot, Ks_Jeppe, and Kiara_Kat contributed HEAVILY to the Tip.It website.

How do we decide who does or does not deserve the reward, and how do we explain that?

If someone is asked to leave the staff due to prolonged inactivity or worse, inappropriate behaviour, that is generally not made public - it's a private thing between the admins and staffer. Should that staffer have to deal with people asking "why don't you have the special avatar?"

The other thing is that any "official" recognition of someone implies that they are representing Tip.It. So if a former staffer with a recognition avatar posts inappropriately in the forum (maybe having a bad day), does that make Tip.It look bad? This is the reason Another RS Fansite didn't have a "former staffer" rank, anyway.

I appreciate and agree with the sentiment, and I value the contributions of those folks. That's why they are listed on the website. I'm just saying that anything further can get complicated.

Some type of rank or avatar that states a person used to be staff does not imply what kind of note they left on. Whether or not they left on a good note or bad one doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they contributed to tip it and helped make it what it is.

A bolded or colored name wouldn't be necessary, and an avatar simply saying "retired staff" or something along those lines is pretty straightforward. I don't see how anyone can confuse that for current staff. That type of ranking doesn't imply that they're currently associated with staff, "retired staff" pretty much means that they're no longer working for tip it. They no longer have to represent tip it, and that's a pretty obvious thing.

While you bring up valid points, if there's a reason not to have avatars for retired staff, I don't think those are strong enough. Personally I think asking for a rank title is enough and an avatar is kind of over decorating things, but I don't see any reason other than that not to go through with trying it out.