Honors avatar

Lore

From looking around the forums I have noticed that there are a few avid (non-tip.it) posters who contribute quality content. Some of these are ex-tip.it crew, some are not.

I think that there should be some kind of tip.it recognisation for the effort they make. eg. Eeeeediot: ex tip.it, still an avid contributor, but to all the others who view his posts he just seems like any other tip.it er.

My thoughts were a small tip.it addition to the avi: eg 'retired with honours' logo. The recipients would have to be hand picked by mods for quality control and to add a sense of prestigiousness to it. It would, of course, be optional for those who qualify-some may prefer to remain anonymous.

Please post any CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts of comments, no flaming-it's only an idea.

i also think thats a very excellent idea, i think flame would be reduced in my own little diranged way 8-)

i think a complimenting avvy is a great way to promote a good job that ex-tip.its have done and what they've contributed to this fantastic forums.

The tough part would be putting it next to the person's standard avvy of choice. But this seems a good idea. :)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

The tough part would be putting it next to the person's standard avvy of choice. But this seems a good idea. :)

~Mr. Devnull

Could just act as a rank image...

rank... "Valued Contributer" and i'm sure someone can make a worthwhile image to go with.

• 9 months later...

I remember a long time ago I read a topic about having "Donor Avatars" for people who donated to Tip.It. Albosky replied declining it because of server problems and maybe something else. However, servers and whatever else contributed to the declining could have changed...

On the other hand, I support this idea - it would stand out much more than really small text under their name.

~Rcty

Rcty

I support this ex staff/crew deserve to have a " Honor" ava for all the hard work they did to make Tip It what it is today. :thumbsup:

Great Idea....

Ditto.

Although i really dont agree with that some random people gets "honour ava", although if they were useful around here etc.

Also, this "ex staff/crew" avatar thingy would help people recognize exp staff and stuff, which helps people reduce saying "are you a wannabe mod or something?" lol =/

Anyways, that's just IMO.

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

I remember a long time ago I read a topic about having "Donor Avatars" for people who donated to Tip.It. Albosky replied declining it because of server problems and maybe something else. However, servers and whatever else contributed to the declining could have changed...

I think the problem with 'donor' badges is that you would get the "I've paid to this site so my comments mean more than yours" kind of attitude. Also anyone who could afford one could get one if they wanted one.

With a 'valued member' badge they would be picked out or nominated for it and so it wouldn't be easy for anyone who wanted it to get.

sig2ho7.jpg

It would still be nice for donors to get a little recognition for what they've given to the site. Something simple such as a little star next to their name or just a small mark somewhere in the avatar area noting that they supported Tip.It with some money would be enough. Slashdot gets by with just using an asterisk. :lol: If people start spurting off that they're better than others because of a little donor mark, have the mods forward it to be removed from that user. It could even be added to the report system.

The 'valued member' avatars could be made larger, somewhat like the size of the staff badges. Maybe half the height to prevent confusion and to fit some simple text into them. :-k

Good idea! Supported.

Personally I don't see those old important people posting, but maybe that's because I didn't know they were important. Exactly the reason this should be implanted!

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I like the idea, but I can see a few problems implementing it.

There is no doubt that people like Eeeeediot, Ks_Jeppe, and Kiara_Kat contributed HEAVILY to the Tip.It website.

How do we decide who does or does not deserve the reward, and how do we explain that?

If someone is asked to leave the staff due to prolonged inactivity or worse, inappropriate behaviour, that is generally not made public - it's a private thing between the admins and staffer. Should that staffer have to deal with people asking "why don't you have the special avatar?"

The other thing is that any "official" recognition of someone implies that they are representing Tip.It. So if a former staffer with a recognition avatar posts inappropriately in the forum (maybe having a bad day), does that make Tip.It look bad? This is the reason Another RS Fansite didn't have a "former staffer" rank, anyway.

I appreciate and agree with the sentiment, and I value the contributions of those folks. That's why they are listed on the website. I'm just saying that anything further can get complicated.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Or something in the post rank... Like if you have a guide in the AOW it could be "AOW Guide Writer" or something.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I agree with Pokemama on this one. We get enough complaints about moderators from users who think they know best about "quality people" - think what they'll say if we give a rank to someone they see "unsatisfactory."

I'd like to see rank contests brought back. They were easy enough to run and people had a lot of fun participating in them. Maybe a monthly contest hosted on the new merged General board (hehe). Global announced though.

sithbridgeay2.jpg

I agree with Pokemama on this one. We get enough complaints about moderators from users who think they know best about "quality people" - think what they'll say if we give a rank to someone they see "unsatisfactory."

I'd like to see rank contests brought back. They were easy enough to run and people had a lot of fun participating in them. Maybe a monthly contest hosted on the new merged General board (hehe). Global announced though.

Yes please bring back rank contest! :thumbsup:

I'm also with Pokemama and Sith. In addition to that, what if someone gets booted from staff? You wouldn't want to give a rank to someone who didn't deserve it, and if they didn't get the rank, people would realize somethings up.

The funny thing is, I told Tallest last week that we should bring back the rank challenges. He said that you just suggested it. I command you to stop reading my thoughts.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Hey you better not nick my custom rank if I get booted! :wink:

Also I tried to organise some rank contests last year for off topic but unfortunetly never got around to it.

sig2ho7.jpg

i could not see if this had already been added, but here is my input. i believe is is in some oher forums, but i cannot be sure... :-k

how about, in the space where mods/admins/etc have their special sigs, have a good old 5 star marker:

on each post, there could be a "rate my post!" button, where you choose how good, thoughful, or useful the person's input is (out of 5). this gets averaged out over all of the user's posts that have been rated and, when the person gets more than 10 (or more) rates, their star thing comes up.

perhaps for emphasis of constant posters, there may be a colour code based on the current post count names

this idea would give an insight into whether the poster gives a few good points, a lot of terrible points, or somewhere in between.

this is just a suggestion, and i dunno if is is programmable (i personally hate anything with too many codes :XD: )

phaper.png

killing off the TET, one newb at a time :^_^:

latestsig-1.png

im cutting back on rs now due to rl issues (college), my sig stats havent been updated in a while...

Hey you better not nick my custom rank if I get booted! :wink:

Also I tried to organise some rank contests last year for off topic but unfortunetly never got around to it.

Good thinking! :thumbsup: When are you going to get around to it? :P

if ppl want "honour" they can just add:

GlobalMod.jpg

to there avatar... probemly theyll be banned in just an hour or too...

just a avatar for ex mods is a good idee... not for normal ppl...

(plz dont get mad at me when some ppl realy start using the JagexMod avatar)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined