Uniquity.

cadburys_egg

v1

Uniquity.jpg

v2

Uniquity-1.jpg

Origiminal

In the mood for photo manipulating today.

Saw a tutorial on CGFX for a photomanip, it looked awesome. When I made it... looked horrible. But I learnt from it and adapted it.

Filters used:

• Gaussion Blur

Brushes used:

• Two defaults

Other Tools used:

• Sponge

Blur

Dodge

Burn

Sharpen

Will not be using it here because the 30kb kills the image. Only going to use on GU (and any other forum I join in future).

Rate? Hate? CC?

kthx.

Edit: After some CC and a re-cap, I re-did the text.

knkcopy.jpg

Pretty nice. What type of tree is that? If it's what I think it is, it looks like a pretty big bonsai tree...

According to the name of the original, it's a King Bonsai. I want one now. :(

not my favorite...too blurry....also "Cad" doesn't fit ...

i say 23/82

I agree with the text needs doing. I might just get my tag and put it on.

It's only blurry so the focus isn't on the rocks, though I may sharpen it a slight bit more.

I say wtp/lol?.

knkcopy.jpg

Both versions of font = Nasty

Good blending of the font in the second version, though. Also, down at the bottom of version 2, there seems to be something a little wrong with it... I can't put it into words...

Wonkypixelitis?

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

Good blending of the font in the second version, though. Also, down at the bottom of version 2, there seems to be something a little wrong with it... I can't put it into words...

Wonkypixelitis?

What should I do for text then? I can't install fonts so i'm stuck with defaults.

All I want of the text is to have my mark on it and the word "Uniquity". A cursive font seems most natural to me.

THat'll just be where I have sharpened the image, then it gets a bit worse with my compression. Nothing I can do about that really.

knkcopy.jpg

Well, seeing as I've not got Microsoft Word or anything of the likes, I'm only stuck with the default fonts that come with wordpad and paint.... I'm no help with the font, then, sorry. :(

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png

Wonkypixelitis?

What should I do for text then? I can't install fonts so i'm stuck with defaults.

All I want of the text is to have my mark on it and the word "Uniquity". A cursive font seems most natural to me.

THat'll just be where I have sharpened the image, then it gets a bit worse with my compression. Nothing I can do about that really.

V.1 font kills the signature. V.2 works perfectly though. The effects seem a bit simple. Nothing really stands out. Good job nonetheless.

7,5/10

ok tell me wats the point of just rating rating meens notin it the cc artists need not a rating, rating is just pointless spam.

on topic: i like actually i love but i do a agree the text needs some fixing

sig and avy by born2die

I like the idea but it just seems way too empty. As for how you maniped it, it seems a little too blurry on both and the text needs work.

Well I know I blurred it a tad too much, but I can't do a lot about that now.

Text? I'm still open to ideas. Just saying "oh it needs work" doesn't help me. I want to get the look of it just floating like clouds, not sticking out.

V.1 font kills the signature. V.2 works perfectly though. The effects seem a bit simple. Nothing really stands out. Good job nonetheless.

It looks simple I agree, but there's about 15 layers in it. Mainly just some blurring and layer settings but also some brushing layers. You can't measure how good a piece of work is by how simple/difficult it looks. It's down to the artist themself really.

on topic: i like actually i love but i do a agree the text needs some fixing

That was no more helping than that rating really.

If you don't like it, tell me what I could do to improve it.

knkcopy.jpg

I kinda like the idea, but it hurts my eyes to look at a blur, the second version's text is definitely better, I have no idea what you were thinking of with the first text.

May want to tone down the blur a lil, and put the tree into more focus.

Known formerly as Ameoba3000.

Now known as Vigoss.

I kinda like the idea, but it hurts my eyes to look at a blur, the second version's text is definitely better, I have no idea what you were thinking of with the first text.

May want to tone down the blur a lil, and put the tree into more focus.

You can't just "tone down the blur" without re-doing the whole thing. Which I really don't want to do. (Just so you know, I could - I still have to PSD to use.)

knkcopy.jpg