Decrease the flood controll a bit...

I've found it a bit irritating when i am constantly getting those "Cannot post so soon" messages. Can't you bring it down a notch? I understand this is to prevent spammers, and people posting nonsense just to raise their post count, but the current flood control limit is a bit ridiculous... Even if you only bring it down 5 seconds, that would be 5 seconds of my day saved.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

What is the current limit? In all my posts I've never run into that problem and that's with having to lock and comment on multiple threads in a row.

Personally I say the limit is fine the way it is. If you ever saw how much keylog spammers can post as it is now I'd hate to see what a decrease in that time would do. They never seem to have trouble posting dozens of messages in a short time. :?

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

The current limit is 60 seconds , and if anything , it would only go up.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

I run into this ALOT!! in forum games. Is it possible you can take it down a notch just in Forum Games?

Unfortunately, those who make accounts for the purpose of generating spam posts with bad links, etc. include Forum Games on their lists of forums to post to.

Exceptions become targets for garbaggio.

From what has been said above, I can see that this was a bad idea and will not be done. Even though I myself don't see all the spammers running wild, I will take your word for it that they're out there. Thank's to everyone for their feedback. This topic can be locked, or if you'd like to continue with the discussion, feel free to keep it open. :roll:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}