Second Attempt at Photoshop

Ape

I think you've all seen my old thread. This is my second attempt, was made for an RS clan forum - main banner. Any hints or tips? :)

tkoemainbannercomplete.png

Ask if you want to know HOW I did it. It took me a total of about 4 hours and 25+ layers, this time. I agree, they do turn out to be useful. :P

Many thanks.

-Mitch-

New sig to come!

Im enjoying the colors and the feeling it brings to my toungue... strangly enough... It tastes like mint ice cream.

Im disliking the text(font) and the, presumably, video game render you took from another website.

I think you accomplished what you were going for and the sig itself has a good feel to it..

Good job though, if your just starting to learn photoshop i beleive you have alot of potential just keep at it, and you'll discover new methods of doing things, techniques, and maby even a style of your own.

7/10

Im enjoying the colors and the feeling it brings to my toungue... strangly enough... It tastes like mint ice cream.

Im disliking the text(font) and the, presumably, video game render you took from another website.

I think you accomplished what you were going for and the sig itself has a good feel to it..

Good job though, if your just starting to learn photoshop i beleive you have alot of potential just keep at it, and you'll discover new methods of doing things, techniques, and maby even a style of your own.

7/10

Haha, I love you, man. Mint Ice Cream. <3 Heh.

Yeah, I'm not too happy with the text, but it was the best I could do. :( Maybe I'll have better luck with it next time. Can I ask, why don't you like the render? And yeah, it was taken off a website, one designed to give you renders for PS. I'm a noob, maybe when I get used to it, I'll make my own. :)

Ecker, yeah.. Your advice worked. Thanks. xD

New sig to come!

I just dont like people using renders from another artist in their own work personally...

although if you heavily modified it, which i think you MAY have done with the wisps coming off of his back.. Mind I ask you for a link to the original render?

normal_archer.jpg

That's it.

-Mitch-

I do like the smudge effects you added to the render.

Its atleast respectable to an extent, when you actually add to the render to make it more your own. (like you did with the green smudges/flames).

Unlike some people who just paste a render in and blend and call it a sig.

Very nice. =D>

I like the colors.

25+ layers! :ohnoes:

I hate layers. :wall:

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

normal_archer.jpg

That's it.

-Mitch-

I do like the smudge effects you added to the render.

Its atleast respectable to an extent, when you actually add to the render to make it more your own. (like you did with the green smudges/flames).

Unlike some people who just paste a render in and blend and call it a sig.

Yeah, I kind of agree, although... I'm a little nooby. So, LP... What do you reccomend for the future (layer-wise)?

-Mitch

New sig to come!

I think he's getting at you should try and just use 100% your own work. I've used a few images from games before incorpated into signatures (maybe...3? 4?) but I find it more refreshing and simply better if it's all yours :)

Now onto the signature:

The text I agree with LP, it can be fixed. I'm not sure if i'm a fan of the bright stroke around darker text, perhaps play with that and the color of the text.

The background is interesting. Perhaps, however, you could extend the flame's colors a bit throughout the background, as a pure grey on the far corners doesn't do it as much justice. I'm not saying colorize it green, but perhaps extend the flames on a different layer (behind the current) and set it to something like "soft light".

Other than that i'm looking foward to what you will try in the future. Your deffinitly off to a good start, which is more than many of us can say. :)

I think he's getting at you should try and just use 100% your own work. I've used a few images from games before incorpated into signatures (maybe...3? 4?) but I find it more refreshing and simply better if it's all yours :)

Now onto the signature:

The text I agree with LP, it can be fixed. I'm not sure if i'm a fan of the bright stroke around darker text, perhaps play with that and the color of the text.

The background is interesting. Perhaps, however, you could extend the flame's colors a bit throughout the background, as a pure grey on the far corners doesn't do it as much justice. I'm not saying colorize it green, but perhaps extend the flames on a different layer (behind the current) and set it to something like "soft light".

Other than that i'm looking foward to what you will try in the future. Your deffinitly off to a good start, which is more than many of us can say. :)

Thanks. I still don't get what you mean. I'm not exactly a brilliant artist and don't have a scanner. What type of other renders would I use? :S

-Mitch

New sig to come!

Now onto the signature:

Thanks. I still don't get what you mean. I'm not exactly a brilliant artist and don't have a scanner. What type of other renders would I use? :S

-Mitch

You wouldn't use one :) .

For example, my signature. I made everything in it without having to borrow anything. (well I guess the brushes don't count.. but whatever).

It's hard, but it's much more satisfying when you get an interesting piece without the help of a character plastered on it. However, I did like the actual flames coming from the ranger, and it added a quite nice effect to the entire thing.

Now onto the signature:

-Mitch

You wouldn't use one :) .

For example, my signature. I made everything in it without having to borrow anything. (well I guess the brushes don't count.. but whatever).

It's hard, but it's much more satisfying when you get an interesting piece without the help of a character plastered on it. However, I did like the actual flames coming from the ranger, and it added a quite nice effect to the entire thing.

Like I said, I'm pretty nooby. Mind if I PM you a question?

-Mitch

New sig to come!