Name Change for Music and Movies?Blogscape count as P.Count?

I first pmed a mod on these forums regarding a name change and he suggested that I should post this on this forum ::'

Well i was just thinking, that in the Music and Movies forum there is more than just those mentioned. For example TV programs.

So why not rename the forum to Media so that it could contain things like TV, Films, Music and Video Games, possibly books also? This would then mean that newer people would find it easier on where they should post things. Along with this the Off-Topic forum would have a lot less things to do with these things and concentrate more on RL things.

Another issue is that I have seen many people on Blogscape making short posts making Good luck on other short congratsulations post. However the thing is, they count for post count. I already know that Rate This! and Graveyard do not count towards post count so maybe Blogscape should not count as post count too because the replies are very similar found to the forums mentioned above.

Anyway thanks for reading.

Potter Pkr

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

Rather not have game-talk being dumped in with music and movie discussion.

They're at two completely different ends of the "entertainment" spectrum. If anything gaming could be lumped into tech and computers.

And book-talk about be better suited to the varrock library.

And this is where you really start seeing the need for sub-forums - if you don't want the front page being cluttered.

I don't like the idea of Multimedia, as it is too wide; it would be confusing. I also think that it wouldn't be a bad idea to split up the off topic section. It seems like it's just an extra for the runescapers of the forum now. While it is an entire community on itself.

My ideal would be:

Writing and reading discussion -> varrock liberary.

Film and T.V. - F&T

Music - music

Games and computer related stuff -> tech & computers

Politics - for locan and world wide politics

Religion - for various discussion on the various religions.

Perhaps a sports forum? For everything sports related.

Off topic for general fun, make it a bit more laidback. A place where you can just post a bit, have fun, relax from the special interest sections etc. General stuff.

More appealing names would be made of course.

I realize you would have to build an entire new modding team around this, and it's probably quite some work. But it would deffinitly increase the quality of topics and the forum as a whole. It would also perfectly fit in the sub forum thing that's most likely going to be introduced. So I think it is worth it.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I've always thought the idea of a 'Writing and Reading' forum would be great.

Some of the other forums you suggested How2PK however could be lumped together. Such as Politics & Religion, which are too narrow a field for single forums. Maybe having a forum called 'Society & Culture' or a name to that effect, which could encompass a lot more.

Offline and unavailable.

I've always thought the idea of a 'Writing and Reading' forum would be great.

Some of the other forums you suggested How2PK however could be lumped together. Such as Politics & Religion, which are too narrow a field for single forums. Maybe having a forum called 'Society & Culture' or a name to that effect, which could encompass a lot more.

Yea, I first had them together, but then started doubting so sperated it. It's just a rough sketch. I got time thursday, so I might write down a more detailed post (not only which seperated forums I'd and maybe others like to see) and make a topic about it. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I really like the idea of a sport forum. ::'

I guess it would be best to find out what forums the tip.iters would use? Perhaps a new poll is in need if we make more forums for this site.

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

wouldn't this then branch into off-topic then? but i guess multimedia forum would be a good idea

and as for potters last post..a sport forum is not really needed..off-topic already does that :wink:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements