is the dragon sqaure sheild any good?

jade_slayer6

My personal philosophy is that you should wear whatever will get you the fastest xp. It's true that defense helps you to stay longer at a given place, but the strength bonus on the obsidian shield means you are doing more damage while you are there. So even though the defense on the d square is a bit better, myself and a lot of players choose the obby shield instead.

If it were me, though, I'd go with a rune defender.

fomsig2tx7.gif

The Dragon Sq shield is more of a status symbol than a training item (especially if you got the halves and made it yourself). They are however good shields and look very nice with Dragon Chain and Legs. If you are planning on buying one for training purposes, go with an Obby Shield.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

It's only a little better than Obby shield but with no str bonus. I would prefer the obby shield for its str bonus.. not to mention it's a lot cheaper.

looool yea right :roll:

even rune kite is better than obby shield, so i would buy the d square, but if you need the ranged defense or str bonus, take obby shield

Headshotcatcher.png

rune defender owns all and its FREE!!!

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank

I personally find staying alive is more important than doing more damage.

Keep it, it's better than rune kiteshield, and you don't have to pay outrageous cost for the crystal shield. I've even heard it's more expensive to fix than a barrows platebody.

Until Dragon KiteShield will be realesed, Don't start an arguement about if it will be realesed or not, I only believe they will never be realesed from a Jagex Staff. No one else. Fake quotes are easy, so I won't fall for that. keep hold on the dragon square shield. But don't lose it.

It is better than rune kiteshield, but still is expensive due to the fact it takes months to get the dragon square left half, even from steel dragons.

Good luck.