What is the best advice you can give

Defy

Hello , i just got scammed of my whole account and around 430k and full addy. now im not asking for items or anything. i just need some advice. since i lsot my account im going to make a new one. now i will have no items so ill just have to make my own money. Should i mine and smith... get my magic high and alch.. i will not be a member so.. yeah i need the best possible way to make money , starting from scratch.i really want to get my smithing high.. so should i do that?? im not sure..

Please give some advice.

bllllonz.png

at this point i recommend you to fight al kharid guards to get herbs. theyre only lvl 9s and u should have a decent weapon to kill alot. the kebab stands near so u can repelnish your health when it gets low for just 1 gp. they also drop clue scrolls if your lucky enough u may end up with trimmed armor! :P

Well since you mentioned you will NOT be a member I would recommend

mining / smithing. I have a close friend in free world who makes tons of

gp's by selling his coal to pay players. He now made enough cash to

actually start spending it on other skills. So my advice would be mining/smithing.

BTW: Sorry you got scammed I know that feeling well , 2 nights ago

I got scammed over 6 mil made it back already but dang that does stink. <.<

queenvalerie.png

BTW: Sorry you got scammed I know that feeling well , 2 nights ago

I got scammed over 6 mil made it back already but dang that does stink. <.<

Ouchies :(

Just mine untill you get to coal and your set :wink:

Ok, but omg this is going to be a pain. ive got no cash.. so ive got to work for money then waste it on a new better pick axe lol.Hmm maybe i should find a drop party to get some cash lol. Queen Valeere (sorry bout speling cant remember how its spelt) how did u make ur 9 mill back

bllllonz.png

uber_leetness, I personally recommend the following strategy:

========================================

1.) From Lumbridge, after completing Tutorial Island, bank everything immediately at the top of Lumbridge Castle 8-) ..., then immediately complete the following quests, remembering to bank after each one...:

+ Rune Mysteries Quest

(Fully Essential... never forget this one!)

+ Sheep Shearer

(Bypass if you want, but it will bite you later...)

(You may need gp from your bank if you can't find the shears laying around...)

+ Cook's Assistant

(Helpful to have that extra-special range and the cook exp early on...)

+ The Restless Ghost

(Too easy to beat when you have nothing equipped!)

(Also provides ability to speak to some ghosts and a lot of prayer energy!)

2.) Now that this is done, head South of Lumbridge with just a Fishing Net, and fish at the fishing spot by the Lumbridge Fishing Tutor. Get enough shrimp fished that you can cook and have at least 4 loads of 16 shrimp each all stored in the bank to grab and use and heal if you get in a fight, which you're likely to do next...

3.) After this, grab a Training Shield and Training Sword from the Lumbridge Melee Tutor and train melee until you have at least Lvl 13 combat... I suggest using the Lumbridge Castle Basement Lvl 1 Rats to get at least 1 or 2 each of atk/str/def each! And BTW, bury the bones!

4.) Then head back to Lumbridge Bank and grab your pickaxe. There is now a copper and tin mine directly south of the start city... Mine equal amounts of copper and tin until you have enough to jump directly to 30 smithing. Smelt it all at the Lumbridge or Al-Kharid furnaces and then run up to Varrock to smith it into items, including a Full Set of Bronze Armor for yourself with a Bronze Scimitar as your weapon and a Bronze Kiteshield to match. Don't forget the Bronze PlateBody... :D

5.) Now that you've gotten this far, you've sold those extra and un-needed bronze items, and you have a ton of gp, head to Varrock, buy an Air Staff to save in your bank for later, and go mine Rune Essence... Get at least 15 loads of 20 Rune Essence each (or more per load if you can!) and take it and go craft into runes, first doing airs until you reach level 2, then minds until you can craft waters, then waters until you can craft earths, then earths until you can craft fires. (Don't worry if you run out of Rune Essence before you complete this step. I have the feeling I am undercalculating anyway, as I now feel mentally exhausted...)

6.) Once you've run out of essence and you now have a nice runecrafting level, keep going in whatever direction you feel like. Personally, I'm a little mentally exhausted and unable to think now, but I am sure you'll find it easy to level up everything from here on out!

========================================

I hope all of this helps. I feel like someone's hit my head with a thunderbolt. (Obvious "rotflmdcflyao"...) Btw, if you seriously need help with the quests and some other things, pm me in-game.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Ok, but omg this is going to be a pain. ive got no cash.. so ive got to work for money then waste it on a new better pick axe lol.Hmm maybe i should find a drop party to get some cash lol. Queen Valeere (sorry bout speling cant remember how its spelt) how did u make ur 9 mill back

It wasn't 9 mil thank-goodness more like 6 mil. I was in world 2 trading

trying to buy 3k drag bones the guy showed me them I put up my 6 mil

cash. I was lagging horrible all night on the game it was late and well

yep you guessed it he removed the drag bones for big bones. I tryed to

decline but lag [bleep]e hit me. I was now the proud owner of tons of big bones. <.<

I made my money back by selling items I had 2 or more of black masks some

God Armour sets and lots of my rune items I never used. Was the first time I ever got

scammed hopefully my last. :-w

Any hoot what D_V_Devnull says sounds like a good plan to me. Good

Luck on making your cash back and remember it's just monoply money. :wink:

queenvalerie.png

A few more pieces of advice. Devnulls strategy is good, but I would like to tweak it a little.

Kill chickens instead of rats. Bury the bones, save the feathers for later, and cook the meat. Its always good to have a few combat levels, makes you less vulnurable. Focus on attack so you can wield the pickaxe you will buy later, to save 1 space in inventory.

Dont bother to smith bronze armour for yourself to wear. Go with no armour until you can make steel for yourself, if you plan to do some fighting that is. Otherwise just keep going with no armour, but eventually get yourself a halfdecent weapon.

If you mine your own ores and then smith, I *think* iron is the way to go, once you are past bronze that is. So rings of forging is something you should invest some of your dear gp in. Keep in mind that mining coal is a true pain at level 30, so just keep mining and smithing iron as both your mining and smithing levels go up.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

It wasn't 9 mil thank-goodness more like 6 mil. I was in world 2 trading

trying to buy 3k drag bones the guy showed me them I put up my 6 mil

cash. I was lagging horrible all night on the game it was late and well

yep you guessed it he removed the drag bones for big bones. I tryed to

decline but lag [bleep]e hit me. I was now the proud owner of tons of big bones. <.<

I made my money back by selling items I had 2 or more of black masks some

God Armour sets and lots of my rune items I never used. Was the first time I ever got

scammed hopefully my last. :-w

Any hoot what D_V_Devnull says sounds like a good plan to me. Good

Luck on making your cash back and remember it's just monoply money. :wink:

Ah I would of thought 6 mill would of been pocket change for someone of your level. And yeah I've nearly been done by that popular scam a few times as well though the scammer thankfully had no success! I hope you got the chance to report him QueenVal? :)

Anyway D V Devnull summed it up great! Its always a good idea to start off with a few easy quests at the start they always help out for the beginning players. :wink:

A few more pieces of advice. Devnulls strategy is good, but I would like to tweak it a little.

Kill chickens instead of rats. Bury the bones, save the feathers for later, and cook the meat. Its always good to have a few combat levels, makes you less vulnurable. Focus on attack so you can wield the pickaxe you will buy later, to save 1 space in inventory.

Dont bother to smith bronze armour for yourself to wear. Go with no armour until you can make steel for yourself, if you plan to do some fighting that is. Otherwise just keep going with no armour, but eventually get yourself a halfdecent weapon.

If you mine your own ores and then smith, I *think* iron is the way to go, once you are past bronze that is. So rings of forging is something you should invest some of your dear gp in. Keep in mind that mining coal is a true pain at level 30, so just keep mining and smithing iron as both your mining and smithing levels go up.

Your strategy would work EXCEPT for two things:

1.) I was trying to cause LESS returns to Lumbridge, hopefully a maximum of 1 from the quest called "The Restless Ghost"... Level 13 skeletons are rather nasty punks to Level 3 Human Players, but in the case of my strategy, the return by death to Lumbridge saves a whole lot of time, and saves the "home port spell" for something more critical like the fast jump from Aubury's shop to Lumbridge during the "Rune Mysteries Quest"...

2.) This person who we are providing help for is F2P ONLY... "Ring Of Forging" items will be useless to this person. Which also means they would lose too much iron. This is why Bronze becomes a better bet. Also along the lines of the fact in #1, "LESS returns to Lumbridge", the Full Bronze Armor that I am recommeding would at least provide reasonable starting boost stats to deal with problems...

Also, now that I think about it, I will admit, sure, there are no bones from a "Rat (level 1)"s death, but to start, it is better to concentrate on building ALL of the melee stats up to at least level 4 each (if not more) so that a win during a fight is 100% insured against other targets of only 1 or 2 levels higher...

'Nuff said. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

So rings of forging is something you should invest some of your dear gp in.

He is non-member I don't think they can use ring of forging there or was

that changed now ?

Ah I would of thought 6 mill would of been pocket change for someone of your level. And yeah I've nearly been done by that popular scam a few times as well though the scammer thankfully had no success! I hope you got the chance to report him QueenVal? :)

Yeah, it wasn't a big ouchie more of the fact that I got scammed and he got away with it. :( I lagged out right after the trade so I never had the chance to report him. :wall:

I did get scammed once before on unids but that was only 800k, that was my own fault cause I never knew how to buy unids the right way until a good friend informed me how.

queenvalerie.png

So rings of forging is something you should invest some of your dear gp in.

He is non-member I don't think they can use ring of forging there or was

that changed now ?

You are correct in your thought that "Ring Of Forging" is STILL a members' item. :D

Gugge is rudely attempting to push the P2P version of RuneScape upon uber_leetness, and I for one do not like Gugge's behavior, period. I would ask that you do something about Gugge, OueenValerie, before they can get out of hand. :-k

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

Nah I don't think he is at all I am sure he forgot that the ring of forging

is for pay players only. He just was trying to tweak what you said to

help out Uber-leetness further.

I just hope this DOES NOT start as a flame war now that would cause this

thread to lock and so un-fair to uber-leetness who is asking for some

good sound advice to help him get back on his feet.

BTW: Uber when you are ready for a rune pick-axe I may be able to

help you get one. :wink:

Again good luck on mining and getting yourself back on your feet.

queenvalerie.png

I just hope this DOES NOT start as a flame war now that would cause this thread to lock and so un-fair to uber-leetness who is asking for some good sound advice to help him get back on his feet.

Uh, you won't catch me starting a flame war. Sorry to seem like that. :oops:

~Mr. Devnull

Regarding ring of forging: my mistake. I was fully aware that the rings for teleporting was P2P only, but somehow I thought that ring of forging was for free as well. Seems I'm completly wrong here. Sorry

Devnull, regarding different strategies. Keep in mind that we are trying to give advice to a person who know their ways around the Runescape world well - not to someone who is completly new to the game. That means that from a bunch of suggestions, they are themselves able to choose a good route in what order to do them. Suggestions for different strategies can only be a good thing here, that way way uber_leetness can pick what suits him best. What in one persons eyes is the best strategy, may not be the best for another person.

Note to anyone interested: I am a she, not a he.

QueenVal: Dont worry.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Ok queen , thanks for offering a rune pick.

there is a quest called the knights sword. it gets u to around 27- 30 smithing from 1.. i cant remember the exact level but yeah i think thats it

I will try get my attk to 40 to weild rune pick axe's and hatchets.

Tyvm for you help QueenVal ,D V D and Gugge very much apreciated

Oh and if you have any more advice feel free to keep posting :wink:

bllllonz.png

there is a quest called the knights sword. it gets u to around 27- 30 smithing from 1.. i cant remember the exact level but yeah i think thats it

I actually thought of this, then it hit me:

"How would a person who's sub-'combat level 70' handle those ice monsters when not many 70+ people are ever down there?"

That's actually what pushed my mind away from thinking about it. I guess when I was thinking of a strategy, I got locked into thinking about how to do it from a "fast cash build-up without heavy combat leveling" standpoint. Sorry about that. :oops: ...I personally felt I had made an extreme fault on my main account (D_V_Devnull) when I had leveled up combat so fast but left ALL of my other skills in the dust. :shock: ...I've been trying to not make what I felt was a mistake on my other 4 accounts :shock: since then.

Anywho, Good Luck to you, uber_leetness ... Maybe I'll run into you sometime on World 7? And If I can think of anything more, I'll make sure to drop it here for you. :)

~Mr. Devnull