The Wise old Man, More clues, more info

Dalcyte

Dear Wise old man,

Why did you rob the bank in Draynor village? Why didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you teleport somewhere like Varrock or Falador or Edgeville? Also, WHAT DID YOU DO WIITH ELFINLOCKS? Give her back her bloo party hat! That wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t nice! Go to your room! Also, what the hack is under that bed? Heck, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s fun to kick, so jagex, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you dare mess with that! I thought it was something like a lesser demon from something it said, and also, could you hurry up with destroying the wizardÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tower again? I want that bridge to blow up of dynamite! Why canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you blow it up with that Saradomin staff? Why am I asking so many questions?

Your almost-banned and currently muted criminal hater,

Marioman318

Dear Marioman318,

I gather from your letter that you have been quite assiduous in your studies of my little house and my recent activities. Well, my dear chap, I shall start by thanking you for your interest and enthusiasm! It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to see that the world has not forgotten me since I retired from my adventurous life.

In the course of my little escapade in the bank, your friend Elfinlocks was unfortunate enough to get in my way and I was forced to incapacitate her. Now you have written me a letter demanding that I right her wrongs. However, perhaps it has not occurred to you that, even if I were to accede to your curt request, it would not benefit you in the slightest!

Allow me to elaborate. In the distant past, when I travelled the world solving people's problems and saving those in distress just as you do today, I held the hope that my efforts would be appreciated and met with appropriate gratitude. But what did I get? When I grew old and the time came for me to retire, I found myself forced into this poxy shack in Draynor Village, neighboured by a pigment-obsessed hag and a 'navigator' whose prowess at knitting exceeds his ability to steer a boat. Not to mention the constant flow of unashamed thieves through the village market! (The hideous harpy who sits gawking through my window will gladly show you a picture of the house as it was when I first came here.) My meek and placid nature notwithstanding, I realised that if I did not take my reward for myself, I would receive nothing at all. So I took up my trusty staff and headed for the bank. I am sure you would be likewise frustrated beyond belief if you were to dedicate a lifetime's effort to the service of others and receive no reward.

Now, let me return to your other questions. I chose the Draynor Village bank because it is convenient and local. Rural branches of banks are useful, and we should make full use of them. Otherwise there may come a day when the Bank of RuneScape closes its outlying branches and the Council has them transformed into trendy wine-bars.

I am indeed mystified by the matter of that creature under my bed. Many times I have persuaded willing folk to rid me of the nuisance, but always it returns. I suspect it to be a subterranean creature forced out of its natural habitat by those ridiculously attired xenophobes who call themselves HAM. On account of its incessant snoring at night, it is not welcome to seek asylum under my bed, and I shall continue to send people to deal with it until it ceases to trouble me.

Finally we come to the question of the Wizards' Tower. As you may have noticed, I have been training my telescope on it for quite some time now. I have not yet finalised my plans, but I do find myself terribly short of runes these days, and I feel that a short excursion to the Tower might solve my problem permanently. But I doubt I will make any move for a considerable time; the powers of Wizard Traiborn are not to be underestimated.

I thank you again for your letter.

Strength through wisdom,

well, quite a lot to think about here. Some hottly debated topics are brought to light and some things are revealed. We discover the reasons of the bank robbery, and the thing under the bed. But i was most intrigued by the wizards tower note. I suspect we'll be seeing something out of him soon, and we'll see a battle between Traiborn and WOM. What i wonder is if he wants more runes, just sell that phat now, merchant a little and then buy some runes :P . Discuss. Now.

So he finally admits to robbing the bank. 'Bout time. And he's funny; I actually lol'ed IRL at what he said at some parts :lol:

But I highly doubt he would destroy the Tower. Just seems too unlikely.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I thought it was an interesting reply, I think Jagex has fun with these. It would be cool to see Wizard Trailborn and the Wise Old Man battle it out, although I don't use the Wizard Tower for pure ess, I use the mage guild.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Everything in that letter had already been revealed in game if you'd gone through every talk option, and finished Swan Song, anyway o.O Nothing new really, the wizard tower cutscene has been there almost a year now :?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

Everything in that letter had already been revealed in game if you'd gone through every talk option, and finished Swan Song, anyway o.O Nothing new really, the wizard tower cutscene has been there almost a year now :?

i beg to differ, i've finished swan song and a TON of this is not in there, like why he robbed the bank. We all knew the wizard tower thing was there, but there was NEVER A REASON, this is not about things that were there, but things that were explained.

i beg to differ, i've finished swan song and a TON of this is not in there, like why he robbed the bank. We all knew the wizard tower thing was there, but there was NEVER A REASON, this is not about things that were there, but things that were explained.

Yes it is, speak to him again, after finishing the quest. He'll tell you that all his good doings went unrewarded, so he wanted to take his own reward. It is definately in game.

All he said in the letter is that he has plans for the wizard tower. And anyone with half a brain would have worked that out from the cutscene looking through the telescope.

Dork.jpeg

Dalcyte is right, I personally have been through every talk option with the Wise Old Man and never once does he mention why his telescope is trained on the Wizard Tower. Neither does he say why he robbed the bank.

I haven't finished Swan Song, so no comment there. It is an interesting letter though.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

something must be coming up for them to be releaseing more info now.

Swan Song Pt. II maybe? Or they'll update where the Wise Old Man goes through with his plans for the Wizard Tower.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Dalcyte is right, I personally have been through every talk option with the Wise Old Man and never once does he mention why his telescope is trained on the Wizard Tower. Neither does he say why he robbed the bank.

I haven't finished Swan Song, so no comment there. It is an interesting letter though.

It dosen't say that in any talk option, it says that in one of the books that you can find on his shelves.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Neither does he say why he robbed the bank.

convol5.png

+1 to me.

He goes on to say more, but i'm too lazy to crop it all :oops:

Dork.jpeg

Well as I said, I haven't finished Swan Song and from the looks of it, this conversation occurs after you have completed the Quest. Anyways, my bad lol <.<

Dear Wise old man,

Why did you rob the bank in Draynor village? Why didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you teleport somewhere like Varrock or Falador or Edgeville? Also, WHAT DID YOU DO WIITH ELFINLOCKS? Give her back her bloo party hat! That wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t nice! Go to your room! Also, what the hack is under that bed? Heck, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s fun to kick, so jagex, donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you dare mess with that! I thought it was something like a lesser demon from something it said, and also, could you hurry up with destroying the wizardÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tower again? I want that bridge to blow up of dynamite! Why canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t you blow it up with that Saradomin staff? Why am I asking so many questions?

Your almost-banned and currently muted criminal hater,

Marioman318

Dear Marioman318,

I gather from your letter that you have been quite assiduous in your studies of my little house and my recent activities. Well, my dear chap, I shall start by thanking you for your interest and enthusiasm! It gives me a great sense of satisfaction to see that the world has not forgotten me since I retired from my adventurous life.

In the course of my little escapade in the bank, your friend Elfinlocks was unfortunate enough to get in my way and I was forced to incapacitate her. Now you have written me a letter demanding that I right her wrongs. However, perhaps it has not occurred to you that, even if I were to accede to your curt request, it would not benefit you in the slightest!

Allow me to elaborate. In the distant past, when I travelled the world solving people's problems and saving those in distress just as you do today, I held the hope that my efforts would be appreciated and met with appropriate gratitude. But what did I get? When I grew old and the time came for me to retire, I found myself forced into this poxy shack in Draynor Village, neighboured by a pigment-obsessed hag and a 'navigator' whose prowess at knitting exceeds his ability to steer a boat. Not to mention the constant flow of unashamed thieves through the village market! (The hideous harpy who sits gawking through my window will gladly show you a picture of the house as it was when I first came here.) My meek and placid nature notwithstanding, I realised that if I did not take my reward for myself, I would receive nothing at all. So I took up my trusty staff and headed for the bank. I am sure you would be likewise frustrated beyond belief if you were to dedicate a lifetime's effort to the service of others and receive no reward.

Now, let me return to your other questions. I chose the Draynor Village bank because it is convenient and local. Rural branches of banks are useful, and we should make full use of them. Otherwise there may come a day when the Bank of RuneScape closes its outlying branches and the Council has them transformed into trendy wine-bars.

I am indeed mystified by the matter of that creature under my bed. Many times I have persuaded willing folk to rid me of the nuisance, but always it returns. I suspect it to be a subterranean creature forced out of its natural habitat by those ridiculously attired xenophobes who call themselves HAM. On account of its incessant snoring at night, it is not welcome to seek asylum under my bed, and I shall continue to send people to deal with it until it ceases to trouble me.

Finally we come to the question of the Wizards' Tower. As you may have noticed, I have been training my telescope on it for quite some time now. I have not yet finalised my plans, but I do find myself terribly short of runes these days, and I feel that a short excursion to the Tower might solve my problem permanently. But I doubt I will make any move for a considerable time; the powers of Wizard Traiborn are not to be underestimated.

I thank you again for your letter.

Strength through wisdom,

well, quite a lot to think about here. Some hottly debated topics are brought to light and some things are revealed. We discover the reasons of the bank robbery, and the thing under the bed. But i was most intrigued by the wizards tower note. I suspect we'll be seeing something out of him soon, and we'll see a battle between Traiborn and WOM. What i wonder is if he wants more runes, just sell that phat now, merchant a little and then buy some runes :P . Discuss. Now.

Is it because he says "I doubt I will make any move for a considerable time" that you think "we'll be seeing something out of him soon"?

kill_o_troll.png

kill_o_troll.png