Two down, two to go (Regarding stolen clan name)

Dbzruler72

For the past two months, I came across four clan's with the clan name of PKMasters, pkmasters, P.K.Masters, & PKMasters again. My clan's name is: *-P.K.Masters-*

I found out another website today that was called PKMasters & told them on their forums that my clan already had that clan name (a variation of it.)

In just a couple hours, I checked back on their website & found this message in big bold letters:

no longer in use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a message 2 dbz ruler

sorry for any inconveience i have turned off forums and they are no longer in use and i have shut down the site. thank you

p.s i am really sorry for the inconveience i honestly did not know pkmasters was in use

This is actually getting to me, I'm thinking of doing a patent (I'll have to do some research to see if I can patent my clan's name) Seems a little too extreme eh? I don't mind spending money over my clan at all.

Anyway, have u guys ever had ur clan name stolen? Whenever I see some clan with a variation of my clan's name I always get furious. I'm sure some of u guys would feel the same way? Maybe u would, be I don't think anyone would go to the extremes of doing a patent :lol:

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You pick a name thats going to be used often, expect it to happen there was a clan called pk masters in early rsc for your information.

Think of something original and your problem is solved.

I made my clan on October 25, 2002. That's very early RuneScape-Classic :wink:

Yesterday I got rid of another clan, one left :D

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

You pick a name thats going to be used often, expect it to happen there was a clan called pk masters in early rsc for your information.

Got any proof whatsoever that your clan existed in 2002? Didnt think so.

You managed to get 80 combat in 4 years play time..

If you had played 1 hour a week for that 4 years you would be about lvl 105.

Judging by your spelling in 2004, you were about 10 years old back then.

Your requirements are pathetically low, any clan that has lasted since 2002 has reqs over 90 comb, most are 110+ why would yours be the exception? lol.

Why make stuff up?

Your requirements are pathetically low, any clan that has lasted since 2002 has reqs over 90 comb, most are 110+ why would yours be the exception? lol.

Why make stuff up?

In 30 seconds, I found out that the current forum they use is 2 years old. Of course, the possibility that they switched forums is very high, but aside from that, 2 years is enough time to prove that your standards mean nothing.

Not everyone spends their time training to be 110+? You don't have to be 110+ to pk. Bigger isn't always better, and not EVERYONE wants to waste their life clicking and clicking. Maybe some people just want to play the game? That's what a LOT of pkers on RSC did; just creating different pures with different stats.

I'm not saying he started at 2002, but I'm saying that you have no reason to run your mouth.

Think about it.

Igna.gif

Why make stuff up?

In 30 seconds, I found out that the current forum they use is 2 years old. Of course, the possibility that they switched forums is very high, but aside from that, 2 years is enough time to prove that your standards mean nothing.

Not everyone spends their time training to be 110+? You don't have to be 110+ to pk. Bigger isn't always better, and not EVERYONE wants to waste their life clicking and clicking. Maybe some people just want to play the game? That's what a LOT of pkers on RSC did; just creating different pures with different stats.

I'm not saying he started at 2002, but I'm saying that you have no reason to run your mouth.

Think about it.

Becouse i played in 2002, and the clan scene wasnt very big, and i had never heard of this guy.

Its not like now when you have 8,000,000 players, in 2002 there was more like 20,000.

I hate people who pretend to be oldschool, expecially people who have like 3 numbers in there name, back in 2002 it wasnt hard to make an original name :wink:

The pk masters i knew of in rsc were formed in early 2003 by a friend and there was no contestation over the name back then.

Edit: read about the clan member cap of 25, i belive its more possible now, but i hardly think they count as a clan, 25 people? my pk team is bigger then that.

:shock: Man, this just turns to flaming now? No I don't have any "proof" of starting my clan in 2002. I do remember the exact date though. I was 11 years old when I started my clan, I didn't even know how to do a print screen back then. Sometimes u just have to believe ppl. I'm not saying u don't have to believe me, but I know lots of others do. I'm not over lvl 100 because I rarely train combat ::'

I have other things to do as well, I spend lots of time on my clan rather than training. It's just what I do. Think about it though, hundreds of hours on my clan + one hour a day for Fridays-Sundays. Now I have two hours :anxious: Yet, I'm rarely training on RuneScape anymore. The only times I train my combat is during pktrips :lol:

123Yourgone, plz don't start a flame war. I don't want this thread to go bad. I'm honestly not trying to be mean.

EDIT:

Edit: read about the clan member cap of 25, i belive its more possible now

:oops: Just read that part. I gotta read things more carefully. Ur believing now ::'

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

I know it was definitely possible to have not heard of every single clan in 2002 for a fact.

Yes, that's very true. Especially when I didn't even have a website or forum for my clan back then.

Anyway, I decided to make the history of the *-P.K.Masters-* clan to put some trust back into ppl. Here's the link: http://pkmasters.com/history.htm/

Enjoy! :D :D

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well my clan currently is new so i havent come accross anyone...and i have done a lot of research...

but my last clan....vanguard had thier name stolen...it got into a relaly big argument and they flammed out forums....it is really annoying...

woodcuttersguildxm7.png

I Hate Going To Weddings, All The Grandmas Would Poke Me And Say "Your Next". But They Stopped Doing That Since I Start

Well my clan currently is new so i havent come accross anyone...and i have done a lot of research...

but my last clan....vanguard had thier name stolen...it got into a relaly big argument and they flammed out forums....it is really annoying...

Was this why vg closed down? We were their ally until they closed

newglsig6jqjl4.png

EST. February 2006

Golden Legion wants YOU to join us! 70+ CB, 65+ CB exception.

Running for over 10 months!

Click on the banner or go to s15.invisionfree.com/Golden_Legion/

:lol: That will be funny.

Honestly though, how would everyone feel if some random person copied 'The' Futures clan name & called it The Futures? :wink:

The real TF would probably declare war on them and hand the imposters dignity back to them.

Yeh, that's what would happen. These clans that copied my clan's name only have like two members though...there wouldn't be any use in warring them.

So why should it matter if they use the clan name or not? Obviously if they recruit on forums you could politely tell them to change the name, but hunting them down and telling them to wont always work. :shame:

Yeh, that's what would happen. These clans that copied my clan's name only have like two members though...there wouldn't be any use in warring them.

So why should it matter if they use the clan name or not? Obviously if they recruit on forums you could politely tell them to change the name, but hunting them down and telling them to wont always work. :shame:

It's just the fact of seeing another clan with the "sort of same name."

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Was this why vg closed down? We were their ally until they closed

no...this was a while ago...

vg shut down because we were not that active and we had a leader change and that messsed us up big time....

woodcuttersguildxm7.png

I Hate Going To Weddings, All The Grandmas Would Poke Me And Say "Your Next". But They Stopped Doing That Since I Start

We have had different people try and use Serenity 5 times in the past year, we have been lucky because most times we have been able to catch up with the people using this name very early and every time they have been willing to choose another name once they find out that Serenity is already taken.

But yeah it can be a little frustrating, when looking for a clan name we spent a great deal of time making sure the name wasn't in use.

misterxmansigserenityfinal4na.gif

For the past two months, I came across four clan's with the clan name of PKMasters, pkmasters, P.K.Masters, & PKMasters again. My clan's name is: *-P.K.Masters-*

I found out another website today that was called PKMasters & told them on their forums that my clan already had that clan name (a variation of it.)

In just a couple hours, I checked back on their website & found this message in big bold letters:

no longer in use.

a message 2 dbz ruler

sorry for any inconveience i have turned off forums and they are no longer in use and i have shut down the site. thank you

p.s i am really sorry for the inconveience i honestly did not know pkmasters was in use

This is actually getting to me, I'm thinking of doing a patent (I'll have to do some research to see if I can patent my clan's name) Seems a little too extreme eh? I don't mind spending money over my clan at all.

Anyway, have u guys ever had ur clan name stolen? Whenever I see some clan with a variation of my clan's name I always get furious. I'm sure some of u guys would feel the same way? Maybe u would, be I don't think anyone would go to the extremes of doing a patent :lol:

You can't copyright your clan's name. If they stole your clan's name, simply war them for the right to use the name.

I've killed people to protect the happiness of those who are weak...

pkerforlife5eq.png

zammy8yx.gif