The Fight Caves

muggiwhplar

I went through it with Mith, addy or gem tipped maybe should be used on the Jad but I just filled the extra space with another potion. Which I found more helpful.

Ok So what are the prices for addy/mith bolts? What about teh gem tipped bolts that other people used. Like the one that drains 20% of oppenents hp and you sacrifice 10? What about other gem tipped that are cheap yet good?

On the road to 99 Firemaking.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

07aug30114826jc1.png

45 def gear

that wroks well got me to wave 61 when i messe d up still had 7 restores left :ohnoes:

Nice, but whats your cb/hp level? AND WHERES YOUR RANGE POTS??!! :o:O

Yeah range pots work really nice :)

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

80 range 86 hp and you dont need range pots

when the 90s and 360s are here pray mage use sup def pray and ur fine :Pedit: 97 cmb

Still, a range pot would work really well, lessening your time by 20 minutes maybe?

BTW: Please answer my bolts question xD

The 45s, 90s, 180s, 360s, and Jad cannot move diagonally. Instead of moving diagonally, the monsters will move east or west and then move north or south. For example, if you are northeast of a monster, it will move east until you are directly north from it before it will move north towards you. Remember this when you are running around, searching for an appropriate safe spot.

Is this still true?

The 45s, 90s, 180s, 360s, and Jad cannot move diagonally. Instead of moving diagonally, the monsters will move east or west and then move north or south. For example, if you are northeast of a monster, it will move east until you are directly north from it before it will move north towards you. Remember this when you are running around, searching for an appropriate safe spot.

Is this still true?

No all monsters now move diagonally.

I yearn for the day when chickens can cross roads and not have their motives questioned.

untitled6kv7.gif

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER!

Hey everyone, I am attempting to do fight caves here is my set up, inven and stats:

nfszg2.gif

fightcavespq1.gif

Do you think I can do it?

u need sara brews, even with guthans. if you get hit by a 360, or u cant heal with guthans for some reason, u need saras. bring 3, and more range pots

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Muggi I do belive they fixed that.

untitled6kv7.gif

Hmmm, I'm gonna do the ranger method, think I can do with 52 Prayer + 71 Ranged.

Using Rune C'bow + addy bolts.

1 Range pot, 19 Super restores + 8 Sara brews.

Is that ok?

Please let me have that blessed cape. :pray: :D

use 2range pots 8sara 18supers and bring avas acumulator this helps a lot coz u dont have to pick ur bolts and risk geting in meellee with the 360s

33165171ty6.png

I've been off RS for awhile with school starting and all, but never properly thanked you for your guide... without it, i would still wouldn't have my awesome firecape.

You ROCK!

:thumbsup: <3: =D>

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

This is a lesson I learned (This is my main) when I fought Jad and thought he was dead too soon. Never let your guard down.

http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/3839/jadih6.jpg

jadih6.jpg

Ouch! I hate when that happens... Hey, what bolts were you using throught the caves and when you got to jad?

I'm considering trying it later with the following stats;

70 attack, 60 strength, 70 defence, 70 ranged, 74 magic, 69+ hp ( most likely 72 or 73 ) 48+ prayer ( most likely 50+ ).

Using as my starting gear;

Guthans Spear, helmet, skirt, Platebody. Amulet of glory, dragon boots, Combat bracelet/ [bleep]ed black dragon hide vambraces ( can't decide here ) 4k bolt racks ( perhaps 5k? not too sure here )and in my ring slot a recoil ( may strecth to a warrior, but I'm not sure if it's really worth it ).

In my inventory I planned to bring ;

karils Crossbow, karils top ( i'm sure the extra range bonuses here would really help Vs Jad and the 360's ), 2 ranging potions, 2 sharks ( not sure about these, i've been told it's very useful to have these in an emergency, which surely on my first go i'll run into ) 8 Saradomin brews ( not sure if this is too many? ) The rest filled with Super restore potions.

Before I go in ;

I'll first of all saradomin brew, for the surplus HP levels, then use one dose of super restore, then use a super set and a ranging potion, just for those extra stat bonuses!

The plan would really be to use guthans for a while, but as the stronger enemies come into play, switch to ranged ( this is why I'm preparing to bring a high amount of bolt racks ) and go on from there, using the guide.

Not sure if my melle stats are really up to using guthans too far into the cave, but i'm sure at the start it could be handy and save myself a few doses of potions.

Anyway, just wondering if I could have any advice, my main concern would be running out of prayer, as my ranged level would most likely mean it could take a bit longer than usual. So wondering wether it's worth me perhaps getting some extra prayer bonuses instead of defensive/offensive pieces of equipments.

Anyway thanks in advance for any other information that I may be given.

Also i'd like to point out I do not own barrows gloves, so don't bother suggesting them, also, i'm not willing to sell any of my 'valueable items' to buy a fury, as I promised my friend I would keep them forever when he quit, for if he ever came back.

- Zillis

Yay i so gud i gts 23 farming

Zillis in the caves your main concern for later stages is your Prayer and Range levels if they are not high enough (Range 70) (Prayer Bonus +12 minimum) Then more than likely you will fail.

untitled6kv7.gif

Okay, my prayer bonus would only be +7 with that set up, so i'm considering just taking the whole caves on with ranged, and subsitituting the guthans skirt with veracs and perhaps the helmet too, for that extra prayer bonus.

So do you think then, I would have enough of a prayer bonus, to succeed with 16 super restores? ( this is how many I could take if I used 2 ranging potions, 2 sharks, 8 brews then the rest super restores ).

Another thought of mines though was to use a crossbow, however this would mean subsitituting my trimmed cape for an ava's accumulator and my god book would only be guthix, as that is the one I chose in earlier stages and I do not wish to fill up a second.

Perhaps using mithril bolts with some sort of enchant( emerald? )? Or would ruby ( e) be good Vs jad? ( drains 20% of your opponents hp but also drains 10% of yours ).

Yay i so gud i gts 23 farming