New Random event?

starsteller

I know most of us hate macroers and stupid "noobs". If Jagex adds a new random event where a math question pops up on the chat area every, say 36 hours of playing time? The question can be as easy as "What is 3 + 7?" or as hard as "What is 1/2 divided by 4/6?" If you get it wrong, you get teleported away. However, you can have as long as you like to answer the question, or maybe up to 15 min? And it asks for confermation of the answer. This might get rid of 4 years olds who don't know how to divide fractions and macros who can't figure out the question either.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

It wouldn't actually be fair, because unfortuntely there are some non-macroing players over the age that aren't good at math.

Easy are accepted, but hard ones, no. I hope by "hard" you don't mean what you are taught in university.

I support if it's only simple questions.

Dont make it raw problems, make it word problems. So

Not 7+5= (a) 4 (B) 12 © 10

Instead something like:

If I have 7 willow logs, and then chopped 5 more, how many willow logs would I have?

Everything in red can be replaced to confuse macros, so feathers, fish, arrows, anything really without changing the basic meaning of 7+5=?

Makes sense. Plus, changing numbers might confuse macroers. It also might make parents feel better about the game. :) I learned addition when I was four, so one digit addition shouldn't stop anyone from playing but the macroers.

BTW, I'm not a member, so can someone post this on the offical runescape forum? Thanks.

single_skill1165514760.png

Thank the world for spell checkers.

Dont make it raw problems, make it word problems. So

Not 7+5= (a) 4 (B) 12 © 10

Instead something like:

If I have 7 willow logs, and then chopped 5 more, how many willow logs would I have?

Everything in red can be replaced to confuse macros, so feathers, fish, arrows, anything really without changing the basic meaning of 7+5=?

its like the challence clues...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Simple as 5th grade math? And 15 min time limit so you always go consult a book or ask a parent?
im in 8th and i wont be able to do the hard ones and how fair is it we have to go get a book or calculator isnt fair at all! so it isnt really fair just make the easy ones because what does it matter if all its doing is going to stop autoers
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

Won't don arithmetic formulas can easily be solved with macro programs, you need to realise what these bots are capable of: a lot!

The proposition of zaaps1 is a bit better, but then still, macro creators will carefully study the riddles and make a valable code for it, able to recognise every single word.

Just leave it... even when asking to solve differential equations and Fourier transforms, the bots will still make it out.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.

I had a swapning idea. Since this is virtually the mysterious box except your forced to on the spot anwser the question, heres my new idea, or addon if you may.

How about once you get a mysteriousbox, if you do not open it, it doubles in your inentory every, say 20 seconds or so. Any player paying attention would relize this and open the box immedatly. Since you cannor bank the box, this would kill the marco's presious inventory space. If the player is in combat, the box does not double, but once combat is stopped, the box's timer starts again.

This would serve a double perpos ( or however you spell it ) by puinishing afkers by annoying them to death.

Anyone browsing the forums ( and I do this a lot too ) while playing would really have to pay a bit more attention, besides evil chickens and stuff already attack us. One more note, to make this a bit more fair, it would be helpful if sound came when you recieved a mysterious box.

Oh, and the message that pops up would also include this infomation.

Sounds nice. What type of sound do you think should be used?

No idea