Charging monthly - How?

Earpy

Well I have started up a hosting company and I was wondering, how do I automatically charge a credit card or another payment method monthly? Once I have got this little "problem" sorted, I will be ready to release everything :).

Thanks in advance for your help

(I will not give URL right now)

With PayPal you can set up subscriptions but if you want to link it automaticly into your "hosting" business then look into http://www.modernbill.com or other similar product

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Btw a little word of advice... If you think you can make lots of money by setting up a "hosting" business on a reseller server then good luck :roll:

Some people acually do quite well In some cases the reseller has better service than the upsteream provider.

Altho I will admitt alot of the resellers doing well built the websites for their clients and then include hosting as part of the deal.

Ive considered reselling before from my own server I just dont have time!

P.s I remember Viperhost

To the original poster there only one address you need to know

http://www.webhostingtalk.com the community here can answer anything.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I dont want this topic to get locked so can we cut out the spam please?

On a more releated note, I will show you what I have made. I would also like to stress that this site is not finsihed, so please dont post here or PM me saying "Your site is ****, it has loads of bugs". I am aware and working on them :wink: . Also, please feel free to give me some suggestions on what I can do to improve the site and the services I offer. For more information, check the about page. Also, Dont sign up, I wont do your request :P. This is the site I needed to get the monthly billing on.

Click here to visit Rune Clans (if this is advertising, please remove the link)

Thank you all for your good luck wishes and I just hope this is a success!

if i may add,

A lot of prospective clan leaders are young. keeping in mind they'll have to persuade their parents to let them spend money, I think a mid-level account would be extremely useful. Cheaper w/reduced functionality, but still actually useful (and not expiring)

Thanks for your comments. I have had this in mind for a while but look at it from my point of view. If a user signs up for the premimum version and pays for it, they have access to FTP. Access to FTP = Able to upload possibly malicious software. This way, I am continual taking payments from them, and to be honest, ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã7.99 per month is not really that much.

Remove the adverts on your website. I'm here a potential customer looking at your site and oh look, other hosting companies advertised on your site :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks for all your comments. I am changing the way that users upload files. I am not going to give them FTP access, I will give them a file upload script that will limit the files which are allowed to be uploaded. I will stop the upload of all [Caution: ExecutableFile] files and some other random files. The main one's which will be allowed are .html and image files.

Just remeber, there is a free version of the service I offer. It has very few features, but is for the peope who can't afford the cost per month. With the premimum version, you get all the the features of the free version, and alot alot more.

As for the adverts, I am going to remove the Google ad's. They are really annoying and wreck the look of the site (I was testing with it, as I said the site is still in construction). I don't know what to put on the right in place of the ad's, I will think about the site stats or something like that.

Thanks for all your comments once again, please remeber not to sign up right now. :notalk:

Earpy your trial isnt a viable solution. It's great for paying customers, but can't compete with small clans who dont care how they look and'll settle with an add chocked site off any random provider.

Zonda, Even if you're occasionally right, i find you very annoying. Granted, I'm sure many people have reasons to find me annoying, i don't care about that [Well, not nearly as much as i care about being bugged by you and just never stopping argueing]

In anycase, I've been getting off topic, I'll stop posting here

Listen:

Charge Em For a Month. With a week left or so, ask them for another payment, if they don't do this by the next week, hold their account "hostage" :wink:

Oh and Nice site, It's under your WWW picture. Globalrschat?

Unfortuantly, I dont believe you are going to get many clients. Maybe you will though..But most clan's only use Forums.

Good luck anyway..

If you cant off Earpy a solution , or some sort of helpful advice, stop posting your conversations here, use private messages , irc , some other form of communication.

All replies that were useless and off-topic have been removed.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear