Saru's Blog - Back? Maybe? Idk lol got an Araxxi Web drop

dumb show

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

i got a 94 on my iq test idiot thats a [bleep]ing A

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)

ur a towel

am i drowning in real life

or

in a fanta sea

[spoiler=someone do my hw for me]

Email to instructor Forums e-book for course

Editing Text Files

Steven Zeil

Last modified: Jan 13, 2015

Contents:

1. The .emacs Startup File

2. Emacs Modes

3. The Mark and the Region

4. Where’s the Documentation?

5. For the emacs-phobes

An editor is a program that allows you to easily create and alter text files. There are a variety of editors on the system, of which the most popular, when working in text-mode, are vi and emacs. Neither is exactly the easiest thing in the world to learn to use. When working in graphics-mode, the most popular are emacs and gedit. The latter is simple and intuitive, but also very bare-bones.

I recommend learning emacs, because

It works nicely in both text and graphics mode.

As you gain more facility with emacs and with Unix in general, you will find that emacs offers many advanced facilities for doing specific tasks.

In particular, emacs offers a number of aids for programmers, including syntax-based highlighting of different programming languages (using different colors/fonts for reserved words, comments, strings, etc.), commands for checking matching {}, for compiling programs and collecting the error messages, and for stepping through those error messages, and for debugging the compiled code.

emacs is widely available (for free) for all Unix systems and also for MS Windows.

Example 1: Try This: Launching emacs

To run emacs, make sure that you have correctly identified your terminal type. Then give the command

emacs -nw

if you are in text-mode and

emacs &

if you are in graphics mode. The -nw stands for “no window” and requests that emacs not try to open a new graphics-mode window.

Stay in emacs for now. We’ll come back to this in just a moment.

emacs has a built-in tutorial, and you should begin that very shortly. But first, just a couple of notes:

The tutorial describes a number of commands like this: C-chr, which means to hold down the Ctrl (a.k.a, Cntrl, Control, etc.) key while typing the character chr. For example, C-c means “hold down Ctrl while typing ‘c’.”

You may have seen the notation ^chr (e.g., ^c) used other places to mean the same thing.

The tutorial describes a number of commands like this: M-chr, and says the “M-” means to “hold the META or EDIT or ALT key down while typing” the other character, and says that if you don’t have a META, EDIT, or ALT key that you can type (and release) the Escape key instead.

It’s worth noting that you may, indeed, have some of those keys on your keyboard, but your ssh client program might not pass them on. Some ssh programs may just ignore those keys. In other cases (especially the ALT keys), the Windows or other operating system may be jealously seizing upon those keys for its own purposes. In some cases, you may have 2 ALT keys, one on the left of the spacebar and one on the right. Sometimes one of these will work and the other will not, so try them both. But if nothing else works, the Escape key will always be there for you. (If you change ssh programs, though, or when you start using X to connect in graphics mode, you might want to check out those keys once again.)

Example 2: Try This: The emacs tutorial

Returning to the emacs session you opened a few moments ago, follow the directions given to bring up the tutorial (i.e., type ^h followed by “t”.).

Continue following the instructions to make your way through the tutorial.

Exit emacs when you have completed it.

When you are done with the tutorial, here are few extra things you should know about emacs:

1. The .emacs Startup File

Before starting up, emacs tries to read a file ~/.emacs Many people store special commands in there to customize emacs to their own liking. (Reading the .emacs file of an experienced emacs user can be instructive although, unfortunately, sometimes a bit intimidating.

If you don’t already have a ~/.emacs file, you might want to download mine into your home directory to get started. After you gain some proficiency in emacs, you may want to take a good look at that file to see what’s in there and to adjust it to your own liking.

Some of the features provided in my .emacs file are

Makes sure that the C++ editing mode gets turned on when editing .h and .cpp files.

Turns on colored syntax highlighting when supported by your terminal.

Maps the Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys to what you would expect (again, depends on whether your terminal program actually passes these through.

Binds function keys

F1 : undo (same as C-x u)

F2 : toggles case sensitivity during search and replace operations (M-x toggle-case-sensitivity)

F5 : next-error after a compile (shift F5 for previous error) (`C-x ``)

F6 : turns on on-the-fly spell checking (M-x flyspell-mode)

F8 : toggles automatic line fill/breaking (M-x auto-fill-mode)

F9 : toggles uses of DOS/Unix line ending styles (M-x toggle-line-end-coding)

If your terminal does not support the functions keys, you can invoke these functions directly via the “longer” forms shown above.

Provides M-space as an alternate sequence for setting the mark

Binds C-z to a “go to line number…” function.

Many of these functions are subject to the limitation of your terminal program. It may or may not allow colored displays. It may or may not pass function key presses on to the remote Unix system, etc. If these things don’t seem to work when you are running emacs in a terminal window, they probably will work later when you learn to run emacs via X.

2. Emacs Modes

emacs offers customized modes for different kinds of files that you might be editing. Some of these are chosen automatically for you depending upon the file name you give. Others can be chosen automatically by giving the command M-x name-mode where name indicates the desired mode. Some of the most popular modes are: text, html, c, and c++. The programming language modes generally offer automatic indenting at the end of each line, though you may have to end lines with the “Line feed” or “C-j” key rather than “Return” or “Enter” to get this.

Example 3: Try this: C++ in emacs

Start up emacs and visit a C++ file from one of your other classes (or create a new one, typing in a few lines of C++ code).

At the very least, you should see a “(C++)” indicator in the status line indicating that you are in C++ mode. In this mode, you have available special commands for compilation and debugging (which we will discuss in a later lesson).

If your terminal program supports color and you copied my .emacs file as suggested earlier, you may see colored “syntax highlighting” as emacs renders reserved words, string constants, and comments in different colors and/or fonts.

And there are little, more subtle things that you will come to appreciate over time. For example, each time you type a “)” or “}” in your code, the cursor briefly flashes back to the “(” or “{” that you just closed.

The command M-/ is a special friend to all programmers who use long variable names but hate to type them. Type a few letters of any word, then hit M-/. emacs will search backwards through what you have previously typed looking for a word beginning with those letters. When it finds one, it fills in the remaining letters. If that wasn’t the word you wanted, just hit M-/ again and emacs will search for a different word beginning with the same characters.

3. The Mark and the Region

emacs has a number of commands that work on an entire block of text at a time. For example, the emacs tutorial told you how to delete a line using C-k. But what if you wanted to delete everything from the middle of one line to the 1st word five lines away? There is a command (C-w) for killing an entire region of text, but to use it you must first tell emacswhat region you want to kill.

The procedure for doing this is the same in all emacs commands that work on regions of text. The “current region” is the set of characters from the “mark” to the current cursor position. The “mark” is an imaginary position marker established by the set-mark-command. The keystrokes for that command are either C-[spc] (hold the control key and type a space) or C-@ (hold the control and shift keys and type ‘2’).[^

Some ssh programs will not let you type the characters C-[spc] or C-@. These characters are the emacs keys used to set the “mark” when selecting a region of text.

You can always run the set-mark command as M-x set-mark-command (but who really wants to type all that every time?)

You could just get a different ssh program. See the “Downloads” section on the CS 252 Library page for some recommendations.

You can bind a different key to set-mark-command that you can type from within Windows telnet. Add the line:

(global-set-key "\M-\\" 'set-mark-command)

to your .emacs file, restart emacs, and you can set the mark with the key sequence M-\ (escape followed by a backslash)

I’ve added that global-set-key to my own .emacs file, so if you’ve copied that into your home directory as described earlier, that key binding will already be defined.

So to set up a region to operate on, you move the cursor to one end of the region, give the set-mark-command, then move the cursor to the other end of the region. Everything between the mark and the cursor constitutes the current region, and can be operated on by any region-based command. Some region commands of note are:

C-w

Kill the region, i.e., delete it but save the deleted text in the clipboard. You can “yank” (paste) the deleted text at the cursor position with C-y.

M-w

Copy the region, i.e., Save a copy of the region’s text in the clipboard. You can “yank” (paste) the deleted text at the cursor position with C-y.

C-xC-x

Exchanges the mark and the cursor. Hitting this repeatedly will flip you back and forth between the start and end of the current region. Although often useful in its own right, this command also provides a quick way to check and see if the region is really where you think it is.

C-cC-c

Comment out a region - in C++ and other programming modes, places comment markers in front of each line in the region.

M-x ispell-region or M-x flyspell-region

Run a spell check on all text in the region.

4. Where’s the Documentation?

It’s in emacs. The end of the tutorial discussed some of the built-in help features in emacs. One that isn’t mentioned is the way to get to the entire “reference manual” for emacs. The “info viewer” gives you access to extensive documents about emacs (and about a number of other programs as well, as authors of many other programmers have found the info viewer a convenient way to package on-line documentation.) The commands C-h i or M-x info will launch the info viewer, and the first page of the viewer gives basic instructions on how to use it.

5. For the emacs-phobes

Finally, I will note that, if you develop an incurable allergy to emacs, there are other editors that offer reasonable support to programmers. Some of the textbooks discuss vi, a popular editor that does not offer much support for programming, but a reasonable option is vim (“vi improved”).

Like emacs, vim is available on many, but not all, Unix systems and, once you have learned it, you can use it over telnet via keyboard commands. To learn the basics of running vim, give the command vimtutor

oh rip thats not my hw

oh well u already read it hahahahaha

im so [bleep]ing tired atm ;-;

saru for best tip.it diplomat 2k15

wut?

AND ALSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gYBBR.jpg

WAIT THAT'S NOT THE RIGHT LEVEL UP

gYzLL.jpg

Thar we go.

No need to apologize at all - no one here (save perhaps a few?) hate you at all... The reason people get upset is because, admittedly, you can be a little set in your ways - as we all can. The best thing to do is just remember to keep your eyes open, that is -- Runescape has changed vastly - I myself have played since 2001, and 'recently-ish' came back from a 3-4 year quit, so I know the feeling of "whoa... everything is different." 

Try looking over this guide as far as money making goes:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making

You can also put a 'new spin' on an old technique, to spice things up while still remaining profitable. For example: Dragons? Kill em til the cows come home, but use Magic Notepaper from the G.E. to note the dragon bones and hides. That way you can still camp at a location, and when you go to bank, you have a nice pile of wealth to sit on. (Current prices would give you about 800 gp profit per bone, and 2k profit per Black dragon hide, as Magic Notepaper is about 1.6k on GE)

And if you don't participate in Treasure Hunter, you just might want to start. Getting a Spring Cleaner is an amazingly  awesome piece of equipment from Treasure Hunter. It 'dissolves' common items you get into their subsequent parts. I.e. 1 Rune plate drop would turn into 5 Runite ore and 40 coal (which is worth about 30k more than the Rune platebody itself). http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Spring_cleaner 

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

No need to apologize at all - no one here (save perhaps a few?) hate you at all... The reason people get upset is because, admittedly, you can be a little set in your ways - as we all can. The best thing to do is just remember to keep your eyes open, that is -- Runescape has changed vastly - I myself have played since 2001, and 'recently-ish' came back from a 3-4 year quit, so I know the feeling of "whoa... everything is different." 

Try looking over this guide as far as money making goes:

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Money_making

You can also put a 'new spin' on an old technique, to spice things up while still remaining profitable. For example: Dragons? Kill em til the cows come home, but use Magic Notepaper from the G.E. to note the dragon bones and hides. That way you can still camp at a location, and when you go to bank, you have a nice pile of wealth to sit on. (Current prices would give you about 800 gp profit per bone, and 2k profit per Black dragon hide, as Magic Notepaper is about 1.6k on GE)

And if you don't participate in Treasure Hunter, you just might want to start. Getting a Spring Cleaner is an amazingly  awesome piece of equipment from Treasure Hunter. It 'dissolves' common items you get into their subsequent parts. I.e. 1 Rune plate drop would turn into 5 Runite ore and 40 coal (which is worth about 30k more than the Rune platebody itself). http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Spring_cleaner 

ooooooooo

its almost like

behind this incredibly spammy tip.it account with 9 warning points(fml) there's a legit 23+ (real age unknown) year old who is like a nice person!@

also this lmfao wut

gYByo.jpg

why do i spend so much money on these stupid [bleep]ing necklaces.

• Like 1

gYFo1.jpg

rly jagex, rly/

2nd drop in like 400 zils. other drop was also sara hiss.

^^ ikr.

I'm also thinking of making my next hydrix into a necklace/bracelet. "just because" (literally).

86m DG xp :) I was racing squig to 120 dg, or so I thought. Iwas like 14m behind him, and now i'm 2.1m behind him. :|

I need to find an extensive guide on dg, because apparently there's 1-2 things i was never taught/figured out on my own. Like how the [bleep] does someone figured out based on the position of the starting room WHEN IT IS IN THE MIDDLE, if its a bonus or not? Just got raged at because I started a pondskater room directly south of ht in the middle, and 1 200m dger in party "[bleep] thats bon dw about yet" .... ? like what? Is there some tell tale sign or were they just talking out of their ass?

The next floor had 2 200m dgers and I hit one of those "party" gd rooms with 20 monsters. so I said "bgt 4 gd / idle" and they both said "r u srs? [bleep] idiot nvr move ggs for gd" ... ok that's why I put "idle" at the end, 1). and 2) like... why not >.< I get that most gd's are super quick, but when you have a lot of b2b gds, it can slow down if you're solo'ing.

dg'd some more, then did Araxxi task, then did 100 cadarn kills (100 left)

It's really going to suck when my last comp req is livid :((

It's easy yeah. The 'hard' part is just how mind numbing boring it is. I'm already halfway there, though.

• Like 1

*sigh*

Kill #292, Top leg #4. 2nd in bank now.

h0Ooe.jpg

• Like 1

LOLDG

use vi

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

wow nice leg i heard they were good

o ty

gsOEF.jpg

^^ those are my drops from beginning of march. I've had 3 (maybe 4?) more leg drops since then. :)

Made over 1.3 bil at this point.

HOWEVER THAT COULD BE LIKE 1.6 BIL IF I COULD GET SOME GODDAMN BOTTOM LEGS TYVM JAGEX.

wow nice leg i heard they were good

o ty

gsOEF.jpg

^^ those are my drops from beginning of march. I've had 3 (maybe 4?) more leg drops since then. :)

Made over 1.3 bil at this point.

HOWEVER THAT COULD BE LIKE 1.6 BIL IF I COULD GET SOME GODDAMN BOTTOM LEGS TYVM JAGEX.

wow gratz this spider seems so op

got signet 4. rip