Pixel Tutorial {FOR ALL TO USE}+Shading +Text added!

Quer_Skulll

Guest cheesus

Well, i told you how, i started all minute and all, i believe i started with a 100x100 pixel size canvas on ms paint, did the background, and so and so...

how i did the background: ultra uneven, since i picked such a small canvas size, it was easy. i used the pencil tool or whatever and added gradients where there would be shadows and so on. the sky, i kinda skimped on.

how i did the person: I started with two boxes, with a stick figure in the boxes. the top box was larger than the bottom, since it had shoulders. it came out to boxy stick-man, then i added a pentagon for the shield, drew a line down the middle of his bottom box making pants, and adding semi-oval thingies that were supposed to be joints at the elbows, knews and shoulders. so far he is headless, so i make a circle with the circle tool for the head. hold shift while making it for a perfect circle. or was it control?...nvm.

Adding color:

Now, listen to quer or whatever his name was, no offense, i can't remember it right now. soz. and color it all one base color, i picked the shade that i thought was closest to rune and bathed him in it. Now, this may require some thinking, but you have to imagine the sun and it's position and where sun won't reach. if you look at my pic, the lower-right portions and lower ones where shaded with a diff shade, so that means the sun was above and somewhere to the right. Add gradient color to the sky.(oh, im reeeaaaallll specific...)

Finishing Touches... 0_o X_x

Finally I add my name and then check for any errors (sure missed alot this time...) then skewered the x and y pos 300x or so, i used both of hor and vert or it gets really disproportionate. It gives it the grainy feeling i love so dearly. I prefer to save it as JPEG format because it says i will lose some color every time i try to save as gif...

TIPS: Save often, you can only undo so much!

Making people comes from stickmen, circles and squares.

If replicating something that seems difficult, reduce it to...stickmen, circles and squares... X_x

tHE eND

Sure i can answer some ingame answers, im cheeseums on runescape.

LEFTIES ROXXORS YOUR BOXXORS!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cheesus

Well, i told you how, i started all minute and all, i believe i started with a 100x100 pixel size canvas on ms paint, did the background, and so and so...

how i did the background: ultra uneven, since i picked such a small canvas size, it was easy. i used the pencil tool or whatever and added gradients where there would be shadows and so on. the sky, i kinda skimped on.

how i did the person: I started with two boxes, with a stick figure in the boxes. the top box was larger than the bottom, since it had shoulders. it came out to boxy stick-man, then i added a pentagon for the shield, drew a line down the middle of his bottom box making pants, and adding semi-oval thingies that were supposed to be joints at the elbows, knews and shoulders. so far he is headless, so i make a circle with the circle tool for the head. hold shift while making it for a perfect circle. or was it control?...nvm.

Adding color:

Now, listen to quer or whatever his name was, no offense, i can't remember it right now. soz. and color it all one base color, i picked the shade that i thought was closest to rune and bathed him in it. Now, this may require some thinking, but you have to imagine the sun and it's position and where sun won't reach. if you look at my pic, the lower-right portions and lower ones where shaded with a diff shade, so that means the sun was above and somewhere to the right. Add gradient color to the sky.(oh, im reeeaaaallll specific...)

Finishing Touches... 0_o X_x

Finally I add my name and then check for any errors (sure missed alot this time...) then skewered the x and y pos 300x or so, i used both of hor and vert or it gets really disproportionate. It gives it the grainy feeling i love so dearly. I prefer to save it as JPEG format because it says i will lose some color every time i try to save as gif...

TIPS: Save often, you can only undo so much!

Making people comes from stickmen, circles and squares.

If replicating something that seems difficult, reduce it to...stickmen, circles and squares... X_x

tHE eND

Sure i can answer some ingame answers, im cheeseums on runescape.

LEFTIES ROXXORS YOUR BOXXORS!

cheesus: nice drawing for a first, but try saving your image as a (*.png) and make some outlines at some point a little thinner.

Snipasboy: thats my secret :wink: no i place them at specific points where i think they look best..

bodder: sure ill add you

cheesuss: not sure what that very long post was based on but you are specific

signature_1.gif

cheesus: nice drawing for a first, but try saving your image as a (*.png) and make some outlines at some point a little thinner.

Snipasboy: thats my secret :wink: no i place them at specific points where i think they look best..

bodder: sure ill add you

cheesuss: not sure what that very long post was based on but you are specific

signature_1.gif

Guest cheesus

I dislike people's inspecificness...they don't make anything that might direct it to one person or another and that causes alot of confusion!

Hey nice tutorial mate, I was just wondering if you wanted to do something about Texture/Surface shading?? You might not know about these because you do more gradient shading, but maybe you could include it, so like showing how shading works on surfaces? IE : Armour - High light reflection, skin/clothes/fabric more gradient with not alot of shine etc.

Lowgravity, I want to be just like you. But...I never will be as 1337 as you. :(

Hey nice tutorial mate, I was just wondering if you wanted to do something about Texture/Surface shading?? You might not know about these because you do more gradient shading, but maybe you could include it, so like showing how shading works on surfaces? IE : Armour - High light reflection, skin/clothes/fabric more gradient with not alot of shine etc.

sounds like an idea..

i might try , if i get the time for it

signature_1.gif

• 1 month later...
Guest cheesus

yep, you got me started quer skull, but i definately liked non-pixel graphics better. soz lol im a traitor. at least ive been improving?

• 1 month later...
oh ok lol my bad :oops: well i still like and people should be able to use this tutorial until he brings out a new one!!!

Neanderslave

true but my sigs where so bad then that im ashamed of this one :oops: no idea why i should feel ashamed but im working on a new one already, odnt post here again :P :wink:

edit: im actually glad some people do use the search button

signature_1.gif

• 3 months later...

by dont bump it up i really meant dont bump it up?

the sig wont work because you entered the link to a page with the siig on it insteado of the sig itself.

if you whant more help i refere you to my newer tutorial.

signature_1.gif

• 2 months later...

lol i never thought of hand drawing , lol only using programs like macro fireworks and photoshop lol

http://worldofghosts.co.uk

- ghost/paranormal site

http://extreme-mobile.com - mobile phone website , support and chat

http://top92.net - fast submission directory