Firefox keeps crashing

Faux

What extentions have you recently installed, how long has it been going on for and when does it crash?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I actually got it fixed now. Landon helped me. It was the adblock extension ><
Not really a suprise, adblock messed up my pc too.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

To be fair the Adblock extension isn't anything malicious.

It just needs correct configuration to run efficiently.

The default configuration should run efficiently... but it doesnt.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

No, it needs to be set with filters.

How is the person who made that extension going to know what site pop-ups you don't want?

ALL Ad-blocks should run at their best, but most of the time they don't.

They need to be configured.

The actual function of adblock works fine, however it is badly coded extension which causes a myriad of memory leak issues and conflicts. Adblock should not crash Firefox no matter iof you have filters set or not, that is the issue we are debating.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

It doesn't make mine crash (also the other 47 people I know run it fine)

Have you now considered it's the computer and NOT the extension?

Do a google search, you will find hundreds of people with similar problems with the adblock extension. Hell, search Tipit and you'll probably find a dozen. I did consider the possibility of the computer at fault but it was quickly dismissed

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Adds pay for many of the free things you get on the internet, I'm personally against adblock, but do use a more reasonable flashblock. Because, i hate flash adverts they're, grr...bothersome.

In anycase, if you ever fear the problem is with an extension try firefox in 'safe mode' which wipes it temporarily of all extensions. Most people know about this, but i didnt realize it until well over a use of firefox use ^_^. It's under the start>programfiles>Mozilla firefox, but i always used the shortcut :P