Bowl Championship Series System?

Fadfdfd

For or Against?

With today's big upset, UCLA beating USC, this has opened up the door for many teams!

USC is now 10-2.

It looks as if, Yes, You guessed it,

Ann Arbor vs. Columbus.

Big Blue vs. The Buckeyes!

University of Michigan vs. Ohio State University!

1: Do you think this will be the matchup, if so, who will win? Who will win in your matchups.

2: Is the BCS System garbage? Throw it out, have a tournament? Yes or No, Back it up.

I'm pretty pumped that USC lost, of course, I was hoping (Rutgers just got a pick!) a Big East team would make it, unfortunately as the season winded down, that's not what happened.

Anyway, I think they should get rid of the BCS System and make a tournament. People argue it'd be too long..And it'd lesson teams that make it. (Probably All December and First Week of Feb), 32 Teams. What do you guys think about that? Have an A Tournament and a Z Tournament (For worse teams).

HAVE AT IT!

Whoa, I didn't know USC lost today. Awesome. I was pulling for a OSU-Michigan rematch. I dunno it might not be that great though cuz Michigan hasn't played since the first one at the Horseshoe have they? I'd be rooting for Michigan, but this year its OSU and everyone else.

The BCS system is a joke. You look at the success of March Madness, how teams no one knows anything about (George Mason anyone?) make it into the spotlight and get national attention. In college football, it's terribly boring because the same 10-15 teams are vying for the championship every year and going COMPLETELY UNDEFEATED doesn't even guarantee you a spot in the championship game some years. Make a playoff, and you might get to see some really exciting upsets.

sanday79.png

newsig.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

at the last michigan vs osu game there were so many people on their phones that the entire cell phone network for that area crashed, although I wasnt on campus I was at a local sports bar so I was affected >_< I live about 5-10 minutes from campus

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.

I'm pretty bummed out... Rutgers lost last night in triple overtime. It was a good game, but not the kind of game I wanted. I'd rather see USC vs Ohio, but Michigan will put up a good fight. Hopefully Rutgers goes to a bowl game.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

Yay for UCLA. My friends were real mad (USC Fans) when they lost, cause i was the only person at the kids house who said USC was gonna lose. I almost got beat up at the end :wink:

I was devastated when Rutgers lost though.

Ok BCS time. Vote: YAY!

I personally like the BCS system. Not only does it use both Coaches polls and preformance, but its quite exciting. This system gives teams the incentive to have a strong schedule so they could have a chance at the title game. Its also quite exciting to hear about. I enjoy it, and hope it stays.

Sig

Florida vs. Ohio State

Wow.

BCS System failure? Please don't try to argue that Florida is the 2nd best team.

BOO! I wanted a Michigan rematch, but oh well, cant have everything in life. And no, Florida is NOT the second best team, or the third, or the fourth, maybe the fifth.

Sig

Florida vs. Ohio State

Wow.

BCS System failure? Please don't try to argue that Florida is the 2nd best team.

BOO! I wanted a Michigan rematch, but oh well, cant have everything in life. And no, Florida is NOT the second best team, or the third, or the fourth, maybe the fifth.

That's what I said...I said don't argue that Florida is the 2nd best team. Switch to a freaking tournament. The entire College fan-base is screaming at you guys!

That's what I said...I said don't argue that Florida is the 2nd best team. Switch to a freaking tournament. The entire College fan-base is screaming at you guys!

Except me and the Florida (fan), i tend to like most decisions in the BCS

Sig

I can't belive that Michigan didn't get the nod. Even though Florida was undefeated, the only loss Michigan had was to #1 Ohio State. Oh well, lets go Buckeyes!

~Foolgool

x9whitey9x.jpg

The code in my sig should say 1032 not 0132.

I can't belive that Michigan didn't get the nod. Even though Florida was undefeated, the only loss Michigan had was to #1 Ohio State. Oh well, lets go Buckeyes!

~Foolgool

Florida lost a game against Auburn

turnip3zk1.png

I think many people are overlooking, when it came to Judgement Day, that USC had one loss and it was to Oregon St. Michigan lost to OSU.

:)

USC may have had a harder schedule though. I remember them playing Notre Dame. That was their only difficult game other than a match versus Nebraska early in the year, when they were ranked high.

USC Football Schedule

:-w

I don't see whats so hard about doing a tournament. The BCS system is biased and makes little to no sense. If basketball can do a tourney, so can football!

I agree. I think we should do something either like a 2 Tournament Thing.

Y Tournament - Every 1st Place Team in Conferences for D-I

Z Tournament - Selection Process (32 Teams; All December)

Seems like a good way for small teams to be recognized, such as George Mason making it to the finals in NCAA. Best NCAA Tournament I think I will ever see. If only they won. That would be so cool. What were they ranked? 11th/16th in their bracket?

I don't see whats so hard about doing a tournament. The BCS system is biased and makes little to no sense. If basketball can do a tourney, so can football!

Although I rarely watch college sports, I agree. It's not only basketball that has a bracket to decide their champion, baseball, hockey and other sports do as well. The only problem is that football games are longer, but of course, there could just be less teams/less rounds.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

It won't.

Ohio State should win against flordia, as I just don't think they're a great team, and the way that THE Ohio State university travels, it will be a home game. Look at 2002...

Also, I think that USC beats Michigan. USC is almost playing a HOME game, while Michigan has a long way to travel.

Ohio State over flordia

USC over Michigan

LSU over Notre Dame (By a lot, and the game is almost a home game for LSU...)

Louisvill over Wake forest

Boise State over Oklahoma

My picks are those...

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

Whoa, I didn't know USC lost today. Awesome. I was pulling for a OSU-Michigan rematch. I dunno it might not be that great though cuz Michigan hasn't played since the first one at the Horseshoe have they? I'd be rooting for Michigan, but this year its OSU and everyone else.

The BCS system is a joke. You look at the success of March Madness, how teams no one knows anything about (George Mason anyone?) make it into the spotlight and get national attention. In college football, it's terribly boring because the same 10-15 teams are vying for the championship every year and going COMPLETELY UNDEFEATED doesn't even guarantee you a spot in the championship game some years. Make a playoff, and you might get to see some really exciting upsets.

A few years ago OSU only won like 2 games in the season, I dont even watch football but I live in Columbus and remember everyone [bleep]ing about it
The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.