Photo Shop or Illustrator

jayc3399

I recently got both of the peices of software from my father, he works with a news paper company. and I was wondering which would be better for pixiling?

Archermanme.png
Quest Cape Achieved on November 14, 2007

Iron_Archer.png

Items Acquired

Crystal Pick and Hatchet

Berzerker Ring x 3

3/28 Barrows Items

For pixeling? I never saw Illustrator as much of a pixeling program. Overall I prefer Photoshop much more. Illustrator, to me, is more of a program for designing advertisements and such. I'd go with Photoshop, there's a lot more to do I think :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Well there are different kinds of graphics professionals. Most people into advertising use Illustrator. But Photoshop is used for digital painting, retouching photographs and animation. But if you only plan on doing pixel art, just stick with MS Paint (if you have it). There's no sense in buying a program that's a couple hundred dollars just so you can do pixel art.. Especially if you have MS Paint laying around already :wink:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

well pixeling is all manual pixel-by-pixel art, illustrator is Vector based and usually used in Graphic Design, advertising, Product design etc.. not really souly for graphics, Adobe Photoshop is the way to go with that, as people who use illustrator, use photoshop for graphics..

Make sure you know what 'pixeling' is though, photoshop has many options that you just don't need for it..

vistame09copyhr8.png

i personall y like photoshop to make my signatures. ( i know, i don't have one) I have used Illustrator in school, and it is not really a pixeling program. Phtoshop is very user friendly. it has so much more to it than Illustrator, so i would recommend Photoshop in all aspects.