a simple suggestion for black mask.

mrmyk

THe mask was just ment for a warrior advantage.

rangers complain about being underpowered yet JaGex only allows meleers to benefit more than anyone else still. They can't complain after this :P

When dont rangers complain, they always complain! No matter how much you give people they will always want more. I mean they just got salamanders, chinchompas, c'bows, composition bows, blessed dragon hide armour, and still you say range is underpowered/jagex only gives benefits to meleers. Hunter was focused entirely on improving the range skill, I know because I wrote up the list of updates to go in other guides on Tip.It

No support

those are good things but they don't concentrate on slayer in particular. I know many people who range slay and are hitting only around 19s with range while i can hit 23s at only 70strength with my black mask.

*sarcastically* I know, 19's are soooo low! I mean.... Come on! You're complaining about 4 points of damage! Instead of complaining go out and get the new items, then we'll see if we listen to you.

4 damage is alot \'

Not when you're hitting 19's

lets compare the stats:

99str you hit 29 with whip natural (just whip)

99range you hit 25 with cbow and every range item (not sure but its around 25)

now the person with 99strength flips on potions/black mask/ armour and hits well over 40..now is that fair?

70str i hit 23, i'm also 70range and only hit 11 with addy arrows..thats over double

And how many people have you fought that have those stats?

seriously..i know ALOT about stats having such strange ones as i do currently. I know how badly range is underpowered and how much melee is overpowered. I know tons of stakers who face range vs melee and 90% of the time the meleer wins (these are maxed players). So just leave the thread and take your knowledge with you (not that its worth very much).

You have 43 slayer, i have 81. i think that sums up how much you know about black mask and how it overpowers meleers when it comes to slayer.

*Sigh* Just because I don't have a level, doesn't mean I don't have knowledge. This thread isn't about whether ranged is underpowered and melee is overpowered. It was a suggestion to change the blakc mask. This isn't a debate over who knows what, its a discussion on what's wrong and what needs to be fixed. The old saying goes "if its broke fix it!". But how do you tell if it's broke? Just because you hit 11's with addy arrows and not 23's doesn't mean that an item is broken. There are three different melee skills, and only one ranged skill (not counting hitpoints). Why wouldn't melee be stronger with help from three different stats?

see? you didn't grasp the point of this thread at all. It IS about melee being overpowered more because of slayer with the black mask while range being left on it's own. If it was given 15% + range/mage bonus then it would be more of a fair playing field.

well is the 15% mage for mage atk accuracy?and with range?does it make it hit higher? and doesnt it give negative mage and range atk boost in the stat menu?

-3 mage attack and -1 range attack

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rangers complain about being underpowered yet JaGex only allows meleers to benefit more than anyone else still. They can't complain after this :P

When dont rangers complain, they always complain! No matter how much you give people they will always want more. I mean they just got salamanders, chinchompas, c'bows, composition bows, blessed dragon hide armour, and still you say range is underpowered/jagex only gives benefits to meleers. Hunter was focused entirely on improving the range skill, I know because I wrote up the list of updates to go in other guides on Tip.It

No support

those are good things but they don't concentrate on slayer in particular. I know many people who range slay and are hitting only around 19s with range while i can hit 23s at only 70strength with my black mask.

*sarcastically* I know, 19's are soooo low! I mean.... Come on! You're complaining about 4 points of damage! Instead of complaining go out and get the new items, then we'll see if we listen to you.

4 damage is alot \'

lets compare the stats:

now the person with 99strength flips on potions/black mask/ armour and hits well over 40..now is that fair?

70str i hit 23, i'm also 70range and only hit 11 with addy arrows..thats over double

seriously..i know ALOT about stats having such strange ones as i do currently. I know how badly range is underpowered and how much melee is overpowered. I know tons of stakers who face range vs melee and 90% of the time the meleer wins (these are maxed players). So just leave the thread and take your knowledge with you (not that its worth very much).

You have 43 slayer, i have 81. i think that sums up how much you know about black mask and how it overpowers meleers when it comes to slayer.

*Sigh* Just because I don't have a level, doesn't mean I don't have knowledge. This thread isn't about whether ranged is underpowered and melee is overpowered. It was a suggestion to change the blakc mask. This isn't a debate over who knows what, its a discussion on what's wrong and what needs to be fixed. The old saying goes "if its broke fix it!". But how do you tell if it's broke? Just because you hit 11's with addy arrows and not 23's doesn't mean that an item is broken. There are three different melee skills, and only one ranged skill (not counting hitpoints). Why wouldn't melee be stronger with help from three different stats?

see? you didn't grasp the point of this thread at all. It IS about melee being overpowered more because of slayer with the black mask while range being left on it's own. If it was given 15% + range/mage bonus then it would be more of a fair playing field.

You do realize we said just about the same thing?

pouserbarkp4.png

Project Onyx Staff Writer. Stories, articles, and opinions, oh my!

No support

4 damage is alot \'

lets compare the stats:

this quote is becoming abit too long. Just say whether you support or not and lets be done with it :D

gladz.png

No support

4 damage is alot \'

lets compare the stats:

this quote is becoming abit too long. Just say whether you support or not and lets be done with it :D

Agreed. This has become more of a personal shouting match between the two of us. On the subject of whether or not I support, I'm not convinced it should happen, but I wouldn't be against it if it did.

pouserbarkp4.png

No support

4 damage is alot \'

lets compare the stats:

Agreed. This has become more of a personal shouting match between the two of us. On the subject of whether or not I support, I'm not convinced it should happen, but I wouldn't be against it if it did.

Is that a support or a non-support?

Anyway, I think a different colour mask should be made. I support.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

No support

4 damage is alot \'

lets compare the stats:

Is that a support or a non-support?

Anyway, I think a different colour mask should be made. I support.

There's your answer.

pouserbarkp4.png

brown for range? purple for mage?

i could see this working as jungle horrors could drop brown mask while something else could drop purple mask.

I only chose those colours as i don't want to get mixed up between rares and slayer masks.

gladz.png