Clan Directory

Nugget89

Had to repost this here because one of the mods is too much of an idiot to just move a thread instead of locking it (really, it takes like two more seconds).

Anyway, here's much suggestion:

I don't really care as Eos isn't really in need of new members/if we did wouldn't really post here, but your clan directory is a little vague.

All that there is is a list of clans in alphabetical order, no details whatsoever. You'd be a lot better off separating them into other categories. Even breaking it down to combat requirements and then going in alphabetical order for that bracket would make it much easier for people to navigate and find what they want.

Because honestly, at this point, it's borderline useless because people just click whichever clan name looks cooler to them.

124 Combat

Retired Echo of Silence Council

http://rseos.com/forums/

The Directory has now reached the dreaded 20 page mark. I agree it could be arranged more effectively. I found it an annoyance to update due to its size and it's not very pleasing to the eye.

I hope it is removed soon and replaced with one similar to that which you described.

Offline and unavailable.

Had to repost this here because one of the mods is too much of an idiot to just move a thread instead of locking it (really, it takes like two more seconds).

Don't flame tip it officials, its really good for your idea-.-.

hmm, k, so for people they'd go onto the clan directory, be able to choose clan requirments, then go into a sub catergory of members, and then hit search? so they'd be able to specify what kind of clan and such?

so for catergory it'd be:

clan requirments

length of time open

skill

pking

monster hunting clan

sub-catergories:

100+-126 clan reqs

90-99+ clan reqs

80-89+ clan reqs

70-79+ clan reqs

60-69+ clan reqs

50-59+ clan reqs

since 2004

since 2005

since 2006

Also i don't think it'd be to much of a difficulty, i think have clans post an application onto the directory and if it meets the directories reqs, that clan would be uploaded into the directory, now when they do search for someone i think they'd need to see soemthing:

clan banner at top(this being a picture link)

clan reqs

member count

since the time of creation

what kind of member they're looking for

link to clan forums/site

other info

a little paragraph about the clan.

I think i'm thinking about a database more then a directory, but there's still some good ideas in there.

The above idea is too complicated. By far. It would be impossible to perform using BB Code and would result in a big headache for the poor sap whose job it is to update it.

Just have users post a simple application:

Clan Name

Leaders

Requirements

URL

They reply to the topic, their reply is copied onto the Directory and then the reply is removed so that there is no mess like there is at the moment.

Offline and unavailable.

Impossible to run via the phpBB system but could possibly be an addition to the actual tipit website?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Impossible to run via the phpBB system but could possibly be an addition to the actual tipit website?
Problem with that is whether or not it'll seem too "official", some clans deff will not "advertise" on the fansite itself, but rather on the forums, since they're a bit less seen as an "official supporter of tip.it" that way... Don't know if it makes sense, but that's what the users of runehead seem to think ;)