Transporting Materials

Goldlord1

Yes, I know there are pouches for rc'ing, I know about the Coal Trucks and the giant gold mine carts.

I am proposing that runescapers that have a mining, crafting, fishing or wood cutting. Will be able to have a way to transport materials totaling in under 150 pieces. Here are my ideas for the ways:

Mining: Mine Cart, Stores 150 ores. you need to have 'Cart Tracks' made out of iron and require a smithing level of 50. You have to lay tracks down before or while you push the carts. The tracks of other players may be used, the tracks will last for 20 hours then start to rust, if not repaired within 4 hours then they break and aren't usable anymore (Takes up energy just like running does, Requires a mining level of 55)

A thought on the mining transportation system, maybe if you are friends with someone or you invite them to join a "mining alliance" and both of you have a rope and a couple nails. You could hook your mining carts together and pull 2 or 3 carts together! This could be possible but, then Jagex would be bugged about why miners can form partys and combatters can't

Crafting: DELETED

Fishing: Wooden Barrel, Comes in Small (1x the energy taken), Meduim (2x the energy taken), Large (3x the energy taken). Small requires a fishing level of 60, Meduim = 60, Large = 70.

Woodcutting: Cart, you need to have 'Cart Tracks' made out of iron and require a smithing level of 50. You have to lay tracks down before or while you push the carts. The tracks of other players may be used, the tracks will last for 20 hours then start to rust, if not repaired within 4 hours then they break and aren't usable anymore. It will require level 50 woodcutting to use the cart. The cart holds 150 pieces of wood.

The reason I didn't include Cooking, Herblore, Smithing, Runecrafting, Firemaking or Farming....

They are usally done near or in a bank. Why would you need a transportation for your materials.

Please leave suggestions, encouragements or anything but, if you are going to douse me in gas and flame me. Just take your can of Diesel Gas and leave the thread before any gas spills.

av33318.png

Fishing: Wooden Box with water, Comes in Small (1x the energy taken), Meduim (2x the energy taken), Large (3x the energy taken). Small requires a fishing level of 60, Meduim = 60, Large = 70.

I like the idea, but...

Why that box should have water if the fish you catch are dead?

I'm back.

Fishing: Wooden Box with water, Comes in Small (1x the energy taken), Meduim (2x the energy taken), Large (3x the energy taken). Small requires a fishing level of 60, Meduim = 60, Large = 70.

I like the idea, but...

Why that box should have water if the fish you catch are dead?

I always thought they would be alive >_<.

How would you feel if a fish caught you and didn't stick you in a box of air until they decided to cook you on a burning hot fire?

av33318.png

i like it but if you have 68 fishing you can just use the fishing guild bank. And if you fish in rivers you can just walk to lumby bank.

other than that nice idea.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

i like it but if you have 68 fishing you can just use the fishing guild bank. And if you fish in rivers you can just walk to lumby bank.

True but, what about those really distant fishing spots? Still using the lumby or fishing guild bank, still gotta go to the bank every 26-27 fish.

av33318.png

Nice idea! You put in some downsides (requirements, loss of energy, etc.) to make it so it won't be too good, but still helpful. Very nice.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Yes, I know there are pouches for rc'ing, I know about the Coal Trucks and the giant gold mine carts.

There's giant gold mine carts?

I am proposing that runescapers that have a mining, crafting, fishing or wood cutting. Will be able to have a way to transport materials totaling in under 150 pieces. Here are my ideas for the ways:

Good idea, I'm liking it, after all like you siad theres pouches for runecrafting. And that certainly can make more money than many skills.

Mining: Mine Cart, Stores 150 ores then you must push it to the bank (Takes up energy just like running does, Requires a mining level of 55)

A thought on the mining transportation system, maybe if you are friends with someone or you invite them to join a "mining alliance" and both of you have a rope and a couple nails. You could hook your mining carts together and pull 2 or 3 carts together! This could be possible but, then Jagex would be bugged about why miners can form partys and combatters can't

Maybe you'd have to lay down tracks first, after all pushing along bumpy ground wouldn't be easy, maybe a certain smithing level needed to set it up to? And wouldn't worry about combat, Lunar Magics allows for team parties already.

Crafting: Back Pack, a backpack that rl campers use. Large and Heavy! (Every 50 items, it takes up 1x more energy. 150 items = 3x. The crafters at level 60 can make these, 20 pieces of cloth sewn together with 20 hard leather sewn afterwards. Requires a Crafting level of 60 to use)

Not so sure on this, after all when I think of camping I think of Hunter, not crafting. Also most crafting is done near banks, so I don't see this being too useful.

Well I'd hope the sharks, tuna and swordfish would be dead, especially since you just stuck a massive harpoon through them. Maybe just a simple barrel, that you can pack your fish in and roll to the bank when it's full. The bigger the fish the more room in the barrel it takes up too. So you could only carry two loads of sharks, but plenty of sardines; then again our inventories hardly abide by this rule, so just ignore me.

Woodcutting: Log Roll!, for those who don't know. Log Roll is when the lumberjack climbs on the logs and runs on them to move them. It will take up 2x the energy and the user will have a chance to fail and get a 5% HP hit. (Requires a Woodcutting level of 60)

That kind of only works on rivers, so I'm not sure how useful it'd be. Agility affecting your chances of staying on, should be taken into consideration too.

Yes, I think the log roll is the animation of the Woodcutting Achievement Cape.

It's a you chopping a tree with a bird nest in it down, I can't see that getting logs to the bank.

The reason I didn't include Cooking, Herblore, Smithing, Runecrafting, Firemaking or Farming....

They are usally done near or in a bank. Why would you need a transportation for your materials.

I'm not sure if you have ever done much runecrafting or farming, but they usually require you to go pretty far from a bank, but then again runecrafting has pouches and farming leprechauns, but still farming would benefit from a seed bag or something similar.

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

True but, what about those really distant fishing spots? Still using the lumby or fishing guild bank, still gotta go to the bank every 26-27 fish.

So it takes like 10 seconds for fishing guild, and still if your gonna fish in the rivers your most likely after fishing/cooking xp, or salmon for admiral pies, and not to make money. it would be good for f2p lobie fishers. if it was f2p.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

i think if u want quick transport for items in these skills, you do them near a bank...catheryb, piscatoris and fishing guild are near banks, assorted trees are near them and you have the coal trucks and other banks at mining sites.

but still farming would benefit from a seed bag or something similar.

I can't help but ask, why? Seeds stack, so 1m potato seeds would only take 1 inventory space, and they've already got vegetable sacks and fruit baskets that essentially serve the same function for allotments. Granted, hops, berries, herbs, flowers and other types of farming products don't have that option, but really, they usually don't produce enough to matter.

But anyway, I don't really think there's a pressing need for any of these; it's already too easy to get exp in most of those skills. The challenges and obstacles that do exist are there to balance the rewards.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.