slaying metal dragons

romking

lately i really wanted to slay metal dragons buti realized thati hav no idea what armor to bring and what should be in my inventory. I checked the AOW for this but dats old and the methods now are probobly very different so can someone plz tell me whats the best equipment to hav and what should i hav in my inventory ty

Melee?

Good prayer bonus armour (doesn't matter if it's low def')

Mage?

Prayer bonus stuff if available

Good mage stuff

Regardless, take the following...

Fire shield

Antifire pots

Prayer pots

Stat boosters if avail

Hatchet

1k cash

Tele Jewellery

Harrington.gif

hmm allright dis is what iwas thinking i should hav after reading dat guide

full veracs and holy symbol climbing boots legends cape rfd gloves and ring of wealth.

and for inventory i would hav an axe 1k, 6 anti dragon breath,and rest prayer pots 4 dose and tele ofcourse

hmm allright dis is what iwas thinking i should hav after reading dat guide

full veracs and holy symbol climbing boots legends cape rfd gloves and ring of wealth.

and for inventory i would hav an axe 1k, 6 anti dragon breath,and rest prayer pots 4 dose and tele ofcourse

You can not use the Verac's set for it's special effect since you need to hold the shield or you will be toast. Shield + antifire pot =full protection from fire - but the shield do the main protection from the fire, the anti-fire breath pot the rest, so with only antifire pot and no shield you will take a lot of damage from fire. You need the Antifire shield, a 1- haded weapon and as high prayer bonus as you can get.

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

hmm interesting im pretty sure that armor givs same prayer bonus as normal initiate tho

becasue of the thing u said about veracs and how i need anti dragon shield on i guess it would actually be best to hav dat armor on.

So my inventory would den need to change to having like 2 attack pots good amount anti dragon breath pots lots of p pots and il bring food jus incase as well as the axe and 1k

Yes, when melee'ing use proselyte armour. It has a better prayer bonus as veracs.

You don't need too many anti fire pots. 1 fire pot (4) will keep you protected for 24 mins, (6 mins per dose). So you'll do fine with 3 pots. After that you'll be out of prayer pots.

When maging (my personal favorite :) ) You don't need any prayer pots at all. As the dragons will only use there fire breath attack if you don't come close. So you want to bring more anti fires, and enough runes to stay down there for a long time. Wear your best mage armour.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

lol whats pros

Proselyte armour - can be bought after the "Wanted!" quest.

Initiate armour can be bought after the "Wanted" quest. The proselyte (pros) armour can be bought after the "Slug menace" quest, the sequel to "Wanted". It has better prayer bonusses then initiate. All armour is purchased from Sir Tiffy in Falador park, btw.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

This is how I like to go:

LJoker-Slayer-Steeldragon.png

But you may change the Proselyte helm for a Black mask.

And the Amulet of Fury for a Amulet of glory.

Depending alot of your personal taste.

Ferrari355Spider.jpg

Well, what I use is:

Helm: Berserker helm/black mask if it's a slayer task.

Amulet: Glory amulet/fury if I feel like risking it.

Chest: Proselyte Hauberk.

Legs: Proselyte Tasset (yes I like manskirts :D )

Boots: Climbing boots (not worth risking the rune ones, since the def bonus doesn't matter anyways.

Cape: Fire would be good, though I do not have it yet. If you had a trimmed skillcape that gives +4 prayer bonus, which would be useful. If you don't have either of those (which I don't) just wear a god cape or a legends cape/obby.

Weapon: I use my trusty abyssal whip, I find it cuts through the dragons like butter. You could use a dragon battle/ dragon scimitar

Gauntlets: Any recipe for diasaster gauntlets are fine, I use my Barrows gloves.

Shield: Anti-dragon of course.

Ring: You could use a wealth if you like, but I prefer a ring of life, it gives me a little sense of security while down there <3:

For inventory I bring 8-10 prayer potions, my holy wrench, a one click teleport (lletya crystal/Ectophial/teletablet)

I bring 3-5 antifires, and about two or three of each super attack and strength, all potions are 4 dose. Bring a disposable axe, and enough fare to get into the boat and into the dungeon. A good peice of food to bring is baskets of strawberries ( I bring two in case I fail to put prayer on/dont drink antifire dose.) They heal 6 each, and a basket holds 5 strawberries, so that's 10 more hp heal than a shark.

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

You can not use the Verac's set for it's special effect since you need to hold the shield or you will be toast. Shield + antifire pot =full protection from fire - but the shield do the main protection from the fire, the anti-fire breath pot the rest, so with only antifire pot and no shield you will take a lot of damage from fire.

That's not true, an anti-fire pot has the same effect as using an anti-fire shield with no pot.

lots of interesting things but i thought it was much more preferred to bring holy symbol instead of glory/furry

also could someone give a more described guide if your gonna be maging it seems that maging is more affective on metal dragons than melle

and thnks for help and advice

Well my setup is 1k mith knive, full blk dhide and a anitfire shield

AND ranged pot

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

On my picture i had gloves from recipe from a disaster (they don't have prayer bonus just attack, strenght and defence bonus).

And white boots (white knight boots) they give +1 prayer bonus.

If you want to use white kinght gloves they also give +1 prayer bonus.

Initiate gloves and boots they don't exist.

Ferrari355Spider.jpg