pure clans vs comunity based.

Bufoman

In an attempt to bring some life back into this board I would like to know what you all think of the seeming over abundence of pure clans. there only interest for the most part would seem to be player killing. no I know thats a big part of the clan world but its not every thing.

I for one belive that its the comunity thats more importent than the ability to kill other players in the wild. now of course there are probaly some rather good pure clans out there that have nice comunitys but by and large it seems to be only about the kill. I would like to know what your feelings are on the neerly limitless supply of pure clans out there and what there effect has been on the cummunity by and large.

We are not going to Debate which is better pures or thanks that can be found Heer

Thank you.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

The endless amount of Pure Clans might actually bring down the Clan & RuneScape Community. For one, mostly all the names of pures are 00Oownedpl0x, rangpur3, magicownsu, Xxpo0n3dx, etc. Whenever players are on their pures they feel superior so they tend to not mind their manners & disrespect everyone who talks to them. Also, the long list of pure clans completely messes up Clan Directories because of the extremely weird statistics. I was going to say a lot more when I was reading, but now I forgot -.- I'll remember when others post.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

Thanks for the input on this matter. I for one agree that there are too many pure clans out there. it's not so much the sheer number of them as the lack of quality I find common place ammongst them. pure clans seem to be started for one reson and that is to kill other players. when I fight a pure I rarely fight a nice guy almost always he yells DEFENCE NOOB!. In my oppionion this sort of so called clans are nothing more than teems with a name. now I know there are some good pure clans out there that are organized and have some respect for non pures but the great majority are alot alike.

any pure clan thats not like the one mentioned abouve I would like your leaders to post heer as well and tell us what makes your clan diffrent.

now let us examin community based clans like the. (goes to pm forsaken mage to comment).

yes it is true everything you said about pures and pure clans i should know i used to be a pure but i respected everyone equaly unless they insulted me for being a pure now i am a rune pure i am trying to avoid all the pure clans because i am sick and tired of there atutids tho TPF the pure foces was diferant and more like a community clan but i left to become a rune pure community clans are usualy respacable players and have a wide varrity of events cb lvs and members so thats my input

well put... so far forsaken mage is not able to post reguarding 'the' but that shouldent prevent us from continueing our discussion about community vs pure clans. So far every one seems to agree that pure clans have a bad impact on the comunity. so then if pures are bad then what preytell is a good clan? community based clans still pk so that is not somthing that would put them apart.

my order "not reely a clan" does not PK we hunt the skulled in other words we are anti pkers. community based clans are more about frendships and haveing fun as a group this is what I say sets us apart from pure clans. so now that you have all agreed that pure clans have a bad impact on the comunity the nexed thing to ask ourselves is what can we do about it? perhaps if the leaders of pure clans where to read this and relise that the comunity is more importent than pixles the problem will start to improve.

well put... so far forsaken mage is not able to post reguarding 'the' but that ...

Why are you pursuing ForsakenMage for input? No offence to her, but many in the Clan world find her biased. Read some of Purecheese's topics in the Staff forums if you want reasons why many left the Tip.It Clan community.

Pure Clans are a result of Pest-Control. Understandably, the number now choosing to level quickly need a group to help in the wilderness.

Offline and unavailable.

In my opinion there are really three major types of clans these days: pure clans, PK clans, and community clans.

The pure clans concentrate on a niche style of leveling and pking, keeping their combat level low but certain combat related skills relatively high. Often the type of people who pursue a goal of creating a character who essentially is only able to fight, and can't much enjoy the vast majority of the rest of the Runescape game, are the sort of bullying and low class idiot that many of us come to loathe. Of course there are exceptions to this rule, and I applaud those who are above the petty slings and arrows, but we must agree the greater percentage of pure clans maintain an ill demeanor.

The PK clans make up the majority of Runescape clans. They do have some level of community, but most of all they want to get their combat as high as possible and "pwn" the wilderness. This includes 'THE,' DI, DS, Corr, Gladz, etc. These are not community clans, which I will discuss later. They have community, but their focus is PKing. The major names referenced are often somewhat respectable and do show a higher level of civility in non-wilderness interaction, however the largest percentage of PK clans, I find, do not often differ greatly from pure clans in their attitude and actions toward other players. They sling insults and whine in great abundance. Of course, I suppose this is just typical of those at the average age of a Runescape player, but really that would be unfair to say. There are many in the lower age bracket who are far more respectable than those in even the highest age bracket. What makes the PK clans so obnoxious is that those who pursue power through strength often come off as very immature.

Community clans make up the smallest percentage of Runescape clans lately. To be honest, I would like to say it's a shame, but it's somewhat the nature of this clan type. There are two types of community clan, the massive and the small, although recently there are a few of the smaller ones coming to fill out a middle class of community clan. Essentially, though, they are all very similar. The aim is to enjoy ALL the aspects of Runescape. They do not only PK, and often PK far less than the other activities they participate in. They have skilling competitions, they help eachother train both combat and non-combat, they create strange and inventive events, they support each other not just in PKing, but in all other realms of the game. In fact, many Community clan members are strongly against PKing, sometimes to a moral degree, and this is often what sets them apart from PKing clans. Although, due to their highly diverse nature, it's difficult to say all of them have this quality in some way or another. Now, just because they are not as heavy on PKing does not mean they do not have their power-hungry negative members.

Wherever there are positions of leadership or competition in any manner, there will be those who take it too far or ruin the idea. So, the problem is not just with pure clans. It is with all of those who do not respect their fellow player and the mechanics of the game. I think we need to remind ourselves that truely that's all this is. It's a game. We're here to have fun and enjoy it in our own way, and if someone wants to get together with us and enjoy it that way too, well all the better. Clans form because we, as humans, need to be social. We need to bond over a common interest. Runescape is a wonderful outlet for that, and my experience as a clan leader has lead to some of the most enjoyable times in my life. It's such an odd thing to say about an online game, as I would say the majority of my quality life experiences are outside of the computing world, but it still holds true. I'm a skydiving instructor, I run cross country, and I am starting a web design firm. Yet, despite all these interests, Runescape still has one thing that many other things in life don't have... open doors. There are so many possibilities and people willing to support you in seeking out your goals that you press on and genuinely enjoy yourself. Let's try and highlight that fact and go have a good time. :thumbsup:

pyresigstillfa3.png