Guide to Rock Crabs

adam_ross0

Hey everybody..it's me again, and this be my 2nd guide! My first one was the guide to Green dragon killing..I learned a lot from that, so hopefully I can make this one even better. Enjoy!!

CHAPTERS:

1) About the Crabs

2) Location

3) What to bring

4) General info about the area

5) Conclusion

--------------------------------

CHAPTER 1) About those Crabs

Ok..so..you're probably wondering: 'why kill rock crabs..they're just little bitty buggers anyways.'. Well, you kinda answered your own question. They're little annoying buggers. But..there's also another reason. THEY ARE EASY AND MASSIVE EXP.

They are easy to get to..easy to kill..easy to find..why wouldn't you like them?? the only downside is that the main area is multi-combat. So..if someone brings a cannon..or there are a lot of people..bang, you'e out of the exp train.

ABOUT THE CRABS:

Here is what they look like: Rock_Crab.gif

Scary, I know. The very first time I saw one I threw my Dragon Longsword and ran. Then I came back and realized it stole it..so I had to kil it..but thats a long story.

ROCK CRAB:

Level: 13

hitpoints: 50 (yay!)

exp per hit: 200*

drops: nothing very special..the best thing I've ever gotten is a Level 1 clue scroll (actually, I got a zammy page from it too!)..and some coins. NOT good for drops.

* = the source i got the exp from isn't the most reliable..they had tons of different exp counts, and this wasn't the total. If you KNOW the total, PM me or opost here.

So..other than my zammy page experience, there are no drops.

2) Location

Gotta hate walking. Ok..anyways. They are actually very easy to find. I know of 2 places where they are..Waterbirth Island and The beach at the north end of the Fremnnik province. the only bad part about the Province beach is..there are usually tons of people there! Bad huh? oh well..and it's multi combat too.

Here is an image of how to get to the Beach spot from Seer's Village. (note: i haven't gone to the waterbirth spot yet. I will sometime soon though.):

mapuz5.jpg

Ok..yes, I DID include a route through the mountains..technically I see it as quicker (I've used it once)..but you need to do some quests to do it, and if you go the wrong way, BAM! Troll rock barrage. So don't take this route unless you know it well.

-----

CHAPTER 3) What to bring

what to bring..to be honest, Anything you want. I personally say, all of your best stuff. These guys barely hit a 1 through all of the stuff you're likely to bring, and you'll be rolling in exp by the seconds..so..if you got it, bring it!

I personally like to bring..

rockcrabstuffmt0.jpg

Yeah. I personally say, if you have the requirments and stuff to use the equipment..bring a whip or any dragon weapon, your best armor (especially if it has a strength bonus..for some reason..lol) Obsidian shield, FIRE CAPE IF YOU HAVE IT (for the strength bonus), and any amulet you want. The harder you hit, the more exp per hit you will have..so..yeah.

If you are a lower level, I advise you bring a strength amulet, whatever armor you can wear, and just about any weapon you can wield. These guys are weak..they're really no threat whatever level you are (unless you are below 20..ugh), it's just the matter of being able to kill off the 50 hitpoints before it damages you too much. Just in case, bring some food or potions.

----------

4) GENERAL INFO ABOUT THE AREA

I put this in all caps because it is an important section.

~~~TO ATTACK A ROCK CRAB~~~

You may be saying 'duh..right click and hit attack'. no. It's more complicated. you have to WALK to a rock..if it pops up, it's a crab. THEN right click and attack..

amazingly complicated, huh?

Cannons: Cannons can be sed here as well. I really don't like cannon users myself (no offence to anyone)..but you CAN use them here. Just set it up and let the cannonballs fly.

Pures: From what I hear, this is amazing training for a pure character. I have no idea about pure training..I've never done a pure. So..if you're looking for a good spot..here is the little gem you've been looking for.

5) Conclusion

Well..i hope you enjoyed this guide! I enjoyed writing it. anyways, hope to see you at the beach (killing crabs..not sleeping!)!

rockcrabstuffqx3.jpg

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

You're really lacking information.

For one, there are many ways to get to relleka. A good guide should list them, and explain them.

(1) Lyres from Fremmenik trials

(2) Walk from seers [Good job mentioning this + map, map should be there]

(3) Set house to relleka, tele house

This is advice, not a guide. The only way to pass off mere advice, is if you're making a -Compiled Methods- guide. In that case, you might have lesser detail, but you'd link to explanations.

why isn't there a making guides-guide?