A guide to the ice giant circuit !f2p!

icyhalberd

Hi everyone,

I have found a nice experience raising place for warriors and rangers (i'm not sure if its safe for mages) that are around cb 60-70 and up. This is the ice giant den!! Remember when you had to go there when you were a noob and you had to run to get the blurite ore? Well, here is when you get to kill em.

The ice giants give the usual bbones and some money usually, and occaisionally some nooby steel/iron wep. The ice warriors in the place sometimes give 10-15 coins, or some pretty good runes (laws, cosmics, natures, death, chaos, etc)

HERE'S WHAT TO DO

First you bring your preferred armor and bag of food with you to the place, and kill to your heart's content (or i guess when you run out of food). When you do, go to a safe place and use the teleport home, which costs no runes. After awhile of killing, the monsters at the place do not show aggresiveness, so it should be pretty easy. When you are at lumby, walk to al kharid and restock food/drop off goods at the bank. Then, here is the shortcut part!!!

-Go to shanty pass

-talk to the guy in charge, and choose the first option.

-then talk to him again, and choose the first option again.

-When he asks you who you are, say that you are an outlaw (or something to that effect) and "prepare to die!"

-he will put you in a tiny jail cell to the side

-do not pay him what he asks, refuse twice

-Voila! you have appeared at Port Sarim jail

-right click on the jail cell door to pick the lock, then you can go back to killing the ice giants, which are a short walk away! On the way there, there is also an altar that you can pray at to get prayer points back.

I found the shortcut thing out when i was exploring (i am still f2p), and i thought it would be funny to refuse, boy was i in for a treat when i found that it was basically an instant al kharid -> port sarim teleport. I have not heard of many people using this shortcut, but i may be wrong.

Tell me what you think!

-icyhalberd

what i'm saying is that the shortcut way is faster, i timed it

you try if you want. It also allows you to do the cheap mind and air rune freebie by dropping yours somewhere and picking em up later.

not that i do that...... :oops:

-icyhalberd

This travel method is listed in the General "Getting Around Guide" on the website.

It's a good reminder to other players - more people should learn about it and take advantage of it.

Will leave your topic awhile before locking it. ;)

Hi everyone,

I have found a nice experience raising place for warriors and rangers (i'm not sure if its safe for mages) that are around cb 60-70 and up. This is the ice giant den!! Remember when you had to go there when you were a noob and you had to run to get the blurite ore? Well, here is when you get to kill em.

The ice giants give the usual bbones and some money usually, and occaisionally some nooby steel/iron wep. The ice warriors in the place sometimes give 10-15 coins, or some pretty good runes (laws, cosmics, natures, death, chaos, etc)

HERE'S WHAT TO DO

First you bring your preferred armor and bag of food with you to the place, and kill to your heart's content (or i guess when you run out of food). When you do, go to a safe place and use the teleport home, which costs no runes. After awhile of killing, the monsters at the place do not show aggresiveness, so it should be pretty easy. When you are at lumby, walk to al kharid and restock food/drop off goods at the bank. Then, here is the shortcut part!!!

-Go to shanty pass

-talk to the guy in charge, and choose the first option.

-then talk to him again, and choose the first option again.

-When he asks you who you are, say that you are an outlaw (or something to that effect) and "prepare to die!"

-he will put you in a tiny jail cell to the side

-do not pay him what he asks, refuse twice

-Voila! you have appeared at Port Sarim jail

-right click on the jail cell door to pick the lock, then you can go back to killing the ice giants, which are a short walk away! On the way there, there is also an altar that you can pray at to get prayer points back.

I found the shortcut thing out when i was exploring (i am still f2p), and i thought it would be funny to refuse, boy was i in for a treat when i found that it was basically an instant al kharid -> port sarim teleport. I have not heard of many people using this shortcut, but i may be wrong.

Tell me what you think!

-icyhalberd

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

If you've done "Prince Ali Rescue", then the Al-Kharid gate is free, otherwise you need to have coins (10) to pass. It is a decent way to get to Port Sarim, particularly after using Lumbridge home port (the free but slow teleport) to return to the bank.

The jail transport also works quite well for a fishing trip to Karamja.

PS. Getting back to the Ice dungeon, the approaches have some lower level opponents, something for most combat level trainers there.

I'd say the two most significant drops of the Ice giants are:

1. Black Kiteshield - well if you are a black pure, it is

2. Big bones - for sale or prayer

The Ice giants can be rather busy though, and there are a lot more Ice warriors, not great droppers in F2P, though decent runes are possible.

Thanks for reading everyone, i mainly put this on because i didn't think that many people took advantage of the free instant tele to port sarim, which, is, as doomster mentioned, a nice shortcut if you wanna go fishing. Other than that, i guess that's it.

-icyhalberd