How To Make Money- MerchantOfRS's Blog of Making it! 1/5(4)

BIG THANK YOU GOES OUT TO SEAN TROM, WHO GAVE A GREAT DONATION! CHECK THE PIC OUT!!!

Alright, this is my first blog, and I'm excited to start it!

Scroll down for TABLE OF CONTENTS

I. GOALS-

-Pay off my loan, keeping enough cash to make some good money

-Merchant rune ess for a little while

-Attempt to merchant rune weapons

-Attempt to merchant limproots

-IN THE FAR FUTURE- Become a member, get construction very high!!!

II. Let's begin with an intro:

Hi, I'm MerchantOfRS, as you can tell by the name, I'm a merchant, PURE merchant. I found out about Runescape from my cousins a year ago, they all had fun, so I started an account. It failed, I quit, and months past. Then earlier this week my cousins were talking about runescape again, and one was bragging about merchanting limproots for 10mil, and I though 'Wow, that's amazing! I wonder if I could do that... as a noob!'

I'd always heard merchanting was the funnest part of runescape, at least for free to play members, and I always enjoyed making money, so I decieded to give it a whirl. I'm starting with 3K (donations from a friend), and I've decided to take on the entire runescape economy!

III. TABLE OF CONTENTS:

I. Goals

II. Introduction

III. Contents (this)

IV. Philosophy of Merchanting- The four markets of Runescape

V. Acoomplishments and Stories- each section has a story and a little commentary on something that relates to it.

-i. My Beginings

-ii. First Sales, Commentary on the changing market and behind the scenes updates.

-iii. First Employer

-iv. 9K Profit, Commnetary on the dangers of a pure merchant

-v. Rune Ess Beginings, why I have no updates followed by many in one day

-vi. Back to feathers

-vii. A Half Days Work, Commentary on selling to companies

-viii. The Ess Market

-ix. Bringing Down the Price, Me and Another

-x. Over 400 K

VI. Pics and Movies- None at present, some to come.

VII. HOW I DID IT

-i. Made my first 3K

-ii. Feather Merchanting

IV. A PHILOSOPHY OF MERCHANTING:

In my mind there are 4 markets in runescape-

~the World 1-4 market

~the regular worlds market

~the Official forums market

~the tip.it forums market.

The regular worlds markets fluxuate, and prices depend on who's buying and selling. Ess prices can be steady at 20ea for hours, and then suddenly jump to 30 with the arrival of a rich buyer.

The World 1-4 markets are steadier, and usually on par with the forums markets. The differance is that the World 1-4 markets are usually for higher priced items, and bulk sales.

The official forums market usually cost a little more than the tip.it forums market. The reason? All the supliers and consumers are members.

The tip.it markets are pretty steady, steady per amount that is. The prices are generally fair, and (unlike real life) buying in bulk is more expensive. They are cheaper than the official market because non-members can supply things. Do non-members have a use for yews? NO! So they sell them cheaply to members.

V. ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND STORIES

i. MY BEGINNING (1/29/07):

I have 3K and have decided that the easiest thing for a noob to merchant is rune ess. I will begin my journey by merchanting that until I make some good cash for other things. If you think there is a better strategy I could use, please tell me!

ii. FIRST SALES (1/3/07)- Selling feathers for 4.5-6gp each, I bought them from 2-4gp each, and so hope to make a pretty good profit (0.5-4gp on each feather).

The fun part of merchanting is finding the stuff that's value will go up. Whenever there's a fletching update feathers and logs will go up, while every runecrafting update raised rune ess. Quests always have an effect, even if it's in strange ways. Master quests that require high cooking levels sometimes raise the price of raw lobbies, while ones that require smithing levels raises the price of coal. All these things are taken into account and you suddenly discover that the "Behind the Scenes" announcements are a merchant's best friend!

iii. FIRST EMPLOYER (1/3/07)(2)- I have found an employer that will give me 6gp each for every feather bunch over 1k, for under 1k i get 5ea.

I now have over 230K, and will probably be able to pay off my loan if this continues!

iv. 9K PROFIT!!! (1/3/07)(3)- Just sold my first batch of 2500 feathers at 6gp each to my employer, 15K, OH YA! Profit was from 3-4 gp per feather, so 8.5-9K profit was made!!! My loan will most likely be paid off the next time I see the "loanshark". Luckily I will not be charged much interest.

Something that almost ruined my account was two highwaymen on the road to Falador, I completely forgot about them and was attacked. Luckily I was paying close attention and was able to turn on run and get to Falador to sell my feathers.

Traveling around will be slightly harder for this pure merchant, the barbarian village poses a minor de-tour on the main road between Varrock and Falador, and the highwaymen mentioned about may be a very slight problem (they are usually being attacked and don't hit much off). A bigger problem may be the dark wizards outside Varrock, I may have to run into the city! Mining areas may prove to be a problem if I ever need to go into there to buy or sell something, leading to the possibility of someone luring me into the dwarven mines for a sale, then hoping for me to be killed by the scorpians. All these dangers for a heroic pure merchant.

v. RUNE ESS BEGINNINGS (1/3/07)(4)- Alright, I took a quick break my feathers and found a nice deal, 300 rune ess for 6k (20ea). Hopefully this is a start into breaking into the ess market. If you want to buy them for 30 ea, just give me a PM.

If you've notice that I've posted alot of updates today, it's because I'm a weekend player, I rarely have time to play during the week, so saturday's and sundays are full of playing runescape.

vi. BACK TO FEATHERS (1/4/07)- I think that feathers are possibly the easiest way to make money other than rune running (but that's almost cheating, no real merchant would do that, except for starter's gold). I just bought 5K more at 2-3gp each. My employer will buy them all for 30K, but I'm looking for a better offer on the forums. If you would like to buy them for more than 6ea, please PM me!

vii. A HALF-DAYS WORK (1/4/07)(2)- PHEW! I doubled my last amount of feathers and left myself with 10K feathers! My buyer finally got on and I was hoping to sell all my feathers to test out merchanting cow hides (suggested by one of you readers!). Turns out he only has 2M and is worried about going bankrupt if he pays me the 60K. Now when he said 2M my mouth was watering, then I realised that wasn't an offer for working longer.

So what do I do when he won't pay? I post topics on the forum, and head to Varrock's east bank to try to sell them. Well my buyer came through in the end, and bragged to me about his 50K feathers and that he still needed to find a buyer for his "company".

When he said he was still looking for a buyer I felt a little stupid. He was buying for 6ea and was going to sell for alot more. Then I shook it off and realised that people pay more for bulk amounts, it's a general rule of companies selling to private buyers. Sure the little merchants that they employ look dumb, but in reality I thought I was getting off lucky being able to sell 2K for 6ea earlier, so I was okay with it. All I have to say is I doubt I'll be selling to him for a while, onto COW HIDES (or rune ess, or rune scimmies if I find a deal, or...).

viii. The Ess Market (1/4/07)(3)- Decided to take on the ess market! Paid off my loan to Natejohn0 (ask him if he got all 200k back), and started my ess trading in Varrock's East Bank. The key in ess trading is to buy at a regular world market for 30ea, then sell at a World 1-5 for 40ea. I began with 71K, then brought that up to 100, then 130, and right now I'm pocess over 176K worth of rune ess (that's 4420 if anyone wants to buy it!). Had to take some time to watch my cousins PK (no one attacks the little unskulled three that tags along!). They got three kill and got a few Ks worth of loot. Overall I think it would be fun... AFTER I'm done merchanting.

ix. Bringing Down the Price (1/5/07)(3)- I bought another 4420 ess for 30ea, had a lot of fun doing it. Then I come on early in the morning, where there are usually less than 1k per world (other than 1), and tried to sell. I found that the market had dropped on the upper worlds, and people were selling for 20ea!!! I persisted with 40, but then dropped it to 35. I sold it and was content.

Then I got the shock of my runescape life when buying more ess. A guy was advertising 1k ess, so I went to buy it. I put in 30k, and he put in 1k ess, PURE ESS! I accepted immiediatly and asked him if he was sure. He said he was and accepted!!

x. OVER 400K (1/5/07)(4)- Just a quick update in case I don't get on again: I NOW HAVE OVER 400K!!! In just 3 days I went from 3K to over 400! If I get on later, to sell the huge amount of rune ess in my bank, I will have over 1/2 MILL!!!! Not bad for a level 3, eh?

VI. PICS: 3507383163.jpg

Me taking my loan out (DARN, NO PIC OF ME PAYING IT BACK!! :oops: If you doubt it ask natejohn0.)

3508042468.jpg

The very generous Sean Trom gives a great donation, thanks SEAN!!!

VII. HOW I DID IT:

i. GOT THE ORIGINAL 3K- I mined rune ess and sold it (not to hard).

ii. FEATHER MERCHANTING- I went to Port Sarim and bought feathers from the store for 2-4each. The store charges go from 3gp each to 2gp each once the feather count hits 950, so I let the feathers go to 955, then bought 5 at a time (only reason I did not wait longer and go for 10 was because there are autoers that are programmed to buy 10 feathers once the count hits 960-some).

I did this for a while until I got a lucky break, I was on a world where someone was buying for 6ea... IN THE STORE! I sold the 1K I already had, then made a mad dash for as many feathers as I could get before he left.

He then hired me to get feathers, paying 6ea for amounts over 1K and 5 each for amounts under 1K. I sold him 2500, then took a break.

I then got 10K at an average of 100 feathers a minute, that's pretty fast when you look at close to doubling your investment!

-A very generous person, On My Block, has just DONATED 20K and a Black Shield(h1)!!! (I'm not sure what the h1 one means, but it looks cool!)

COMMENTS ARE ENCOURAGED, INSULTS ARE OKAY, THOUGH THEY WILL BE BRUSHED OFF!

Selling~ Black Shield(h1)--200 Willow Logs--Rune Full Helm-- 1K Feathers

PM me if you wish to buy any of the items above with your price.

Hmm, sharing the phat's will my supporters... why are party hats and santa hats worth so much anyways? I always hear people talking about them...

You're probably getting bored, but yes, another update has been made! Any strategies or easier ways of making quick cash that you know of???

Alright, REVAMPED AND RENAMED!

Now includes- Goals

-My Merchanting Philosophy

-Table of Contents

-Commentary

-An HOW I DID IT section for people that wish to walk in my footsteps (or want to make some cash).

A little update for you that check more than once a day.

BTW- anyone that wanted to buy feathers, I'm done with them!

How can you hate merchanting? THe thrill of buying at almost rip-off, the rush of selling super expensive... ahh, just gives me an adrenaline rush LOL, Just Kidding! I've finally got to real merchanting, RUNE ESS!

Good luck! You're pretty much alike me when it comes to merchanting. But I often use coal ores to merchant with. If you want to learn how I make my money, feel free to visit my blog. You find a link to it in my siggy.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak