The jagex message system...

Buckeyemange

You never know. maybe that's jagex sense of humor hinting on to what will happen next time you ask them about bank space?

On a more serious note. They need to higher more Costumer Service to stop sending out Automated messages.

advent-children-cloud-honest1.jpg

99 Fishing 11/12/2006 790th fisher to 99

Former Tip.it Events team leader

I don't think it all has to do with not having time. My opinion is that many players send useless customer support queries, those that are silly, and already answered by the Knowledge Base.

Because I'm a moderator, some people confuse me of being an "admin" or staff. They tell me things like:

"What would you do when a player constantly harasses another?"

And I reply straightly with:

"I would report them, just like you should"

Then he says:

"But I did, I sent 2 mails to Jagex about the player, but I never got a reply!"

I have no idea about what kind of mails Jagex receives, but from my guess and looking at how many certain players roll, I'm sure Jagex receives a lot of rubbish mail.

That is surely tiring for Jagex, to be reading mails where people write "I am lost!! Can u help me?!" and other banning related issues. So in the end, they're solving the problem by creating automated responses for the most main concerns.

From the Jagex corporate website. Under "Credits", they have about 70 people assigned to customer support (not counting another 50 for just ban/appeal support).

cause andrew is selfish and doesnt want to give away his cash

sig.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to contact Customer Support.

At Jagex we always aim to respond to every message we receive from our players individually and as quickly as possible.

Unfortunately, due to the massive growth in popularity of Runescape and the increasing number of queries that brings, we are not able to offer you a personal response this time.

We are now answering more queries than ever before and we are constantly increasing the size of our customer support unit.

We are also massively improving our system in order to answer much quicker than before.

The new system will be up to speed very soon, and this will allow us to offer a personal response to ALL your queries.

Furthermore, RuneScape.com has a wealth of information available to players whether it be Technical, Billing or Game related and more often than not you will find the answer here. Using the FAQ section, for instance, will probably help you to find the answer to your problem.

If, after looking at the website, you are still unable to locate the required answer then please resubmit your query and we will do our utmost to answer it as quickly as possible.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for not being able to offer a personal response at this time and, once again, I would like to ensure you we will do our best to make sure this will not happen again.

I would in addition like to thank you for your continued support in RuneScape and wish you the best of luck within the game.

I hope that this helps resolve your problem.

Please always refer to the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod *******

My last 5 queries came back like this, I'm starting to feel slightly rejected :lol:

Hitman247m.png

Frankly, what do you expect but an auto response? They clearly state on their site that they want all suggestions to improve the game on the FORUMS, not as messages to customer support. Then of course... a relevant auto response would have been in place, the one you got is a complete mess up from their side.

Use customer support for what it is meant to be used for, and chances are that you get a personal reply. Yeah... believe it or not, but that happened to me more than once :shock:

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

These posts are really getting on my nerves. They have 6 million registered users, 200,000 people logged on at peak times, receives thousands of queries a day - they cannot all be personalized messages. Wow, Jagex made a mistake with the reply, big deal - send another query. And to the guy that said "Few years back, all messages were personal blah blah blah", yeah I think that has something to do with the community being MUCH SMALLER. Also, I believe it was the same Clown that said "Jagex sold out." man, do you know what you're talking about? Jagex has not sold out. If you want this game to expand and grow you're going to have to endure these terrible, life-ending automated responses.

Yup, it was me who said that 8-) And I think that YOU have:

1) A few hours sitting on a flagpoll under your belt, or

2) No friends.

Relax!

~

yeah i got some stupid auto reply compltetly off topic to what i asked to from the same mod. To be honest im quite dissapointed in jagex it seems a bit out of order they dont have the decency to read the messages we send them. Especialy when its not listed in their knowledge base and your not allowed to post about it on forums, even though its not breaking rules just asking information about the creation of third party software.

the message system is messed up its all automated for example:

i got a blk mark for saying t[bleep] so i appealed and got a messega kinda like this:

we have recieved your apology but we have reason to beieleve you were in charge of your accoutn at the time of the offence

so does that mean whenever you apologize they throw it out?

(Move if needed)

I've seen it many times, but I had this happen, and wanted to get thoughts...

I wrote:

We are contacting you now on the matter of more F2P Bank Space. We are in dire need of more bank space. We already have no room for our essential items, and to add to that bulk, you have given us the new Sceptre pieces, and many holiday items that have collected over several years. Considering this, we ask for 12 new bank slots. http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic......89#3470189

-RS Community

I received this in return...

Jagex wrote:

Dear Buckeyemange,

Thank you for your question.

Greetings adventurer!

Thank you for your message regarding Ban Issues.

We have read your message and selected this Frequently Asked Questions information guide which includes the answer to your question.

Why have I been banned/muted?

If you have been banned or muted either permanently or temporarily then you will be able to see this when you log in to Account Management from the main page. There you will see a list of your offences, and links providing the evidence.

How can I unban my Account?

You can appeal your ban by logging on using the 'Appeal an Offense/Ban' link, which can be found under the 'Account Recovery' section (left) on the main page of our RuneScape website (http://www.runescape.com). If your offense appeal has not been answered yet, please be patient as this will be done as soon as possible.

My Ban Appeal has been denied, what can I do?

This means that we consider the evidence and material we have on the issue to be strong enough to support our decision. As such, the ban stands, and you will NOT be able to appeal the ban any further.

How do I unlock my account if it's been locked?

If you have submitted a offence appeal and your account was hacked, you will need to submit a password request to regain control of your account. To do this, click the link 'Recover a lost password' at the bottom left of the homepage.

My Friends Account is Banned, can you Un-ban it?

If your friend's account has been banned and they have evidence with which to appeal the ban, then they will have to send it in themselves as a Ban Appeal, described above. We do not accept ban appeals from 3rd parties.

Can you Ban a player for me?

We are unable to ban other players on request. Please report a player if you feel they are breaking the rules. This can be done by clicking the 'Report Abuse' button at the bottom of the game window, and then following the on-screen instructions.

A Player said they would Ban me?

Some player's may claim that they can ban your account, this is not true. Only Jagex has the ability to ban an account, if this happens to you, report them under Impersonating Jagex.

Can I still be a Player Mod if I have a bad history?

Previous punishments do not necessarily cancel out the ability to become a player moderator. We do take into account the time at which offenses took place and if we feel that a player has redeemed themselves and has made themselves worthy of the role, then any previous issues could be overlooked.

I am scared my account will be Banned, how can I stop this?

Action will only be taken against an account if the player is breaking one of the RuneScape rules. The RuneScape Rules are located in the "Read our Rules" section which can be found under the "Information and Advice" menu. Please do not think that we block accounts without good reason, nor that we take the decision to ban accounts lightly. We only Ban accounts based on evidence and give all players the ability to appeal against their ban.

Is this player Banned?

As we cannot discuss other player's accounts, we are unable to comment on individual ban's or give out details on player's who are banned. However, rest assured that Jagex take action against all rule breakers to make RuneScape a safer place.

I have wrongly reported another player, will I get Banned?

This is not a problem, no action will be taken on your account.

Can I get a Refund because my account was Banned?

As per the Terms & Conditions of membership any outstanding credit on an account will not be refunded should that account be banned for breach of the Rules of Conduct. This policy is clearly mentioned upon becoming a member and during the subscription process, our position on this will not change. No transactions will take place on an account that is banned, automatically canceling membership payments.

We hope this has helps answer your query.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

RuneScape Customer Support

Happy Gaming.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Heaton

Uh, what happened?

The person clicked the wrong auto reply tab, its not as though we (the players) don't do this sort of thing everyday; have you never clicked the wrong username on your friends list? I know I have, a quick wp clears up the mistake, thats fine for players but according to you and the people who agree with you when jagex does it its not good enough.

Jagex sold out, thats what happened =P

Why even bother posting? That proves you don't know what your talking about as jagex is a privately owned company meaning that they haven't sold out.

The thing is, they say they have 70 or so people working for them in the customer support department. What they mean by that is, they have 70 people at computers pressing the "Auto-Respond" button. Nobody actually gets personal messages any more, because they don't send ANY.

Thats because sending auto-responses is the only thing that they have time for, because of all the people like the thread started sending queries about things that they shouldn't. Sending auto-reponses is their job.

Yup, it was me who said that And I think that YOU have:

1) A few hours sitting on a flagpoll under your belt, or

2) No friends.

This just proves you have no response, when in an argument if you resort to petty insults it just means you can't think of a reply to what the other person has said. Congratulations on in my eyes forfeiting your intelligence.

the message system is messed up its all automated for example:

i got a blk mark for saying [bleep] so i appealed and got a messega kinda like this:

we have recieved your apology but we have reason to beieleve you were in charge of your accoutn at the time of the offence

so does that mean whenever you apologize they throw it out?

Yes it does, by apologizing you have admitted you comitted the offense.

In summary, they clicked the wrong tab, you shouldn't have sent the message.

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png