Edge of the World- Nadril & Uncovrd

Nadril

Now, before you start telling me its not quite realistic, its not suposed to be :P It's suposed to represnt well, the edge of the world, as in some place where the world actully stops beyond it :P

I'm also planing on adding a space part to this, although i'm not sure on how to grab the transition to it :)

Also, just so you guys know, the origonal render was 3200x2400 and was on Ultra and Extra blending :)

I did the atmosphere, camera angle (which i kinda like in this one, kinda different) and the rendering, Uncovrd did the terrain and the surface map :D

WALLPAPER VERSION 1600x1200

(wallpaper is a little brighter than the actual picture :P)

Edgeoftheworld.jpg

Hope you guys like it. Also tell me if you think a space scene would look good on it, and how you would go about getting the transition fixed :D

you gotta make that a space scene man, looks good now though, 8/10!

heh, once i figure out a transition i will make it one :P

And Col, i dont got much else to do now a days lol :P (realy don't have any games to play atm, waiting for half life 2 and guild wars to come out 8) )

Hehe, nice going nads, :)

Im gonna do some smaller renders of that same terrain right now, with my lighting and atmosphere :P :wink:

heh cool :)

I'm gunna make a few planets probaly lol :oops:

I think the planet looks barren and desolated enough to just rip of the sky, give the ground a lil glow and replace the sky with a star scene. A real transition is of course a challenge, but I'd go with atmosphereless planet look.

is this is it?

and u worked together?

if everyone got terragen or whatever u are using here.

this hype would be dead and gone within 1 sec.

look: my mountain is bigger, my sky is brighter?

I might be mistaken but could someone tell me why

you like pictures of landscapes and are excited about

new 'alittlebitdifferent' ones appearing every day?

don't take this too personal im just curious.

is this is it?

and u worked together?

if everyone got terragen or whatever u are using here.

this hype would be dead and gone within 1 sec.

look: my mountain is bigger, my sky is brighter?

I might be mistaken but could someone tell me why

you like pictures of landscapes and are excited about

new 'alittlebitdifferent' ones appearing every day?

don't take this too personal im just curious.

What exactly do you mean here? Just because you cant see the difference in a landscape or just not like them doesnt mean that others shouldn't.

Anyways, i was a little happy about this piece because i rendered it in 3400x2400 resolution, with Ultra and Extra Blending on for the render. (Which, incase u didnt know, = Crazy Rendering times) Well, i'm not gunna go on, just would like if if you "cleared this up" for me.

~Nadril

Ehm, ja of je houdt gewoon ff je mond..

yeah, we worked together, well technicly not..I made the landscape, sent the files to nadril, he edited it, and this landscape is multifunctional, it looks good from many views..

There are better views then nadril chose, but still...

If you dont like it, please keep your comments to yourself..

Ok, now dont take this personal, Im not into getting involved into another flaming war.. :roll:

tipitsigte0.png

nono, dont get me wrong I dont want anyone to NOT like this, Im just

curious about why some do, I know not everyone likes the same things. Im just

curious

Ah, ok, forget my other reply :oops:

Not really explainable I think, why some people like landscapes, and some dont...

tipitsigte0.png

I reckon the landscape looks as if I could be good, but the angle you've chosen doesn't show anything special, and it's way too dark.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

I would port the image into Bryce (if it isn't already there) and choose the default space atmosphere. Then bring it into Photoshop and add a few plaents etc. :) .

Looks very nice atm - what program did you use?

I would port the image into Bryce (if it isn't already there) and choose the default space atmosphere. Then bring it into Photoshop and add a few plaents etc. :) .

Looks very nice atm - what program did you use?

You cant import terragen images into bryce...

tipitsigte0.png

Really like this piece. Good job.

And to that curious guy...

In art that seams simple or boring to you, think of the others who long for more knowledge of this form of art, and by continuously working and improving upon this art, they will eventually gain much more knowledge in the future. In the mean time however, you must create pieces that aren't completely extravagant. It's just known that you can't jump right into things and expect to create the greatest piece out there. Give these people time to improve upon their works, and while they are doing it, leave pointless comments like that one out of it. Just give them some constructive comments that you believe will help improve the peice, and leave personal feelings out of it, because frankly, no one wants to hear how much you dislike a certain form of art another is trying to improve upon. It just doesn't help any of us if you know what I mean.

Landscapes however do sometimes look much alike, but there are alot of little things to be learned, and just because the rock formations look similar to you, or the textures, does not mean there are not little improvements to be found which can help others to see greater possibilities in the art form.