Mourning Ends Part 2

meol

I need some advice on Mourning Ends Part 2. I'll try to do it with 68 agility, my inv will look like this, for maximum prayer boost (ring of life instead of charos'):

dibujozl8.png

Is this good? Should I change anything? What should I bring in my inventory if I have bought a death tallisman? (I have plenty of agility/prayer pots and goody pineapple pizzas)

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance!

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Ok - Agility! An important word, as even at 70 you will be failing. (All of this applies to me too as this is the next quest on my list to do - just 3 to finish for my cape).

You really want to get your weight as low as it can go.

So boots of lightness and spotty cape / spottier cape will be of use.

For the prayer bonus, use a dragon mace - or a rune mace.

Prayer potions (or super rstores) and agility potions will be good as will the best healing food you can get. (So for me this will be Tuna Sweetcorn potatoes - heal 22). Expect to be having to pay a visit to a bank to be able to restock though.

As far as what to wear - well if you are going to be praying against melee, why wear armour at all? Wear full monks robes and that should also help with the weight issue.

I would suggest glory rather than the holy symbol. I would also suggest the Fremennik Royal Helm - the winged Helm of Neitiznot, from the recent Fremennik Isles quest.

Hope that helps - good luck

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Ok - Agility! An important word, as even at 70 you will be failing. (All of this applies to me too as this is the next quest on my list to do - just 3 to finish for my cape).

You really want to get your weight as low as it can go.

So boots of lightness and spotty cape / spottier cape will be of use.

For the prayer bonus, use a dragon mace - or a rune mace.

Prayer potions (or super rstores) and agility potions will be good as will the best healing food you can get. (So for me this will be Tuna Sweetcorn potatoes - heal 22). Expect to be having to pay a visit to a bank to be able to restock though.

As far as what to wear - well if you are going to be praying against melee, why wear armour at all? Wear full monks robes and that should also help with the weight issue.

I would suggest glory rather than the holy symbol. I would also suggest the Fremennik Royal Helm - the winged Helm of Neitiznot, from the recent Fremennik Isles quest.

Hope that helps - good luck

Thanks a lot fot your help. However, (I'm not trying to put it down or anything like that), wolfbane gives a +5 bonus to prayer, just as the dragon mace (should I still change it for the attack bonuses? Will I have to attack monsters that often?) , and the initiate sallet gives the same +3 bonus as the Helm of Neitiznot, and is much cheaper. Also, the holy symbol gives a +8 instead of the +3 the glory ammy gives. (pineapple pizzas also heal 22, but in two bites)

However, I'll try to get the spotty cape and the boots.

So, I'll have to bring a couple of prayer pots, agility pots and some more pizzas. Anything else?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

On the last door you need 17 open inventory spots . So don't go insane w/ the ppots. Takes 3 sharks and 3 ppots per door. You can probably do the first 3 without banking. If you change back to read a guide in a different window, make sure your prayer is above 30 before switching. You DON'T want to be caught without prayer in the middle of the shades. Your set-up looks alright, but I would take a dragon mace, you'll be able to kill shades with it.

Cowmasta13.png

I dont take it as a put down at all - after all discussion is bound to help me as well :wink:

While you are in the temple the lvl 73 shadows are going to keep on hitting you - so you will be wanting to keep protect from Melee on at all times and try to make prayer last as long as possible. So it may even be worthwhile to carry a holy wrench to gain that extra little prayer boost.

My thinking behind the Glory, was it also gives me a fast tele out of there, without using up inventory space. Remember you are also going to want to have space available for all the items you are going to have to carry.

I am also considering the defence bonuses, so I will probably use the Saradomin book rather than the Guthans book. (I am lucky in that I have all 3). Once my prayer runs out, my defence bonuses will come into play so I get hit as little as possible and can make my food last.

I concede your point on the initiate sallet but possibly the prolysite one instead?

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

When I did this quest I eventually realized it was best to ditch all armour and just wear full mourners gear, which you have to have with you anyway. It saves inventory spots for prayer pots, the crystals and mirrors, as well as being very lightwieght. A duel ring in your ring spot will let you tele to castle wars bank when you need to and an unholy symbol gives offensive bonuses rather than defense, which you won't need if you are praying. As far as a weapon goes, I would take mace or dds - you don't really Have to fight, or kill, the shadows but sometimes you just want to take one out because it is interfering, a mace will at least give you a bit of a prayer bonus while still hitting well. Guthix book is good, zammy might be better but only marginally. You will definitely need to tele a few times so don't worry about taking death tally until you are almost thru the maze.

Pray the entire time if you need to.

Good luck with this quest, you have a very good guide here on Tip.it. :D

I did this with 63 agility and agility pots. The agility is basically needed for the wall hand grips to get to the blue? door. Took me 2x and 11x attempts.

After a couple of visits I too concluded that it's easier to stick with mourner's gear for the sake of inventory space.

You may need to fight to get rid of the shadows which are preventing you from turning your mirrors, so mace or whip.

You must use protect melee 100% of the time so you do not need defensive equipement. As for prayer bonus, then I took holy wrench - that's it.

There are a couple of safe spots, such as near the lever and in the middle of the top floor where the shades cannot go. This is time to remove prayer, take a breather and read the guide.

I took plenty of prayer and super energy pots because if you're walking instead of running, you are obviously using up more prayer. Two sharks, just in case. Ectophial to get out (walk to phtysmus bank and tele back to Ardougne)

A bit of an intense ordeal and strung out unecessarily by Jagex, but a good feeling once you get to the dwarf.

Good Luck. 8-)

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.