People disilusioned with the game and community?

berbatovsky

barrack others over how poor the game is

Is that even a word?? :-k

Barrack Obama? :-w

I agree with this topic. It's annoying to hear people say 'You're a god dern whippersnapper! Back in my day, we killed Hill Giants with Rune 2h! And everyone was nice, gave free stuff, and was polite! Now all you new-age punks with your fancy iPods and video games come in and it's ruined!'

Well, along those lines.

Oddment1.png

I think you need to look up the definition of disilusioned first of all...

Second of all, I am one of those players who is constantly ranting about how awful this game is. However, there are still many aspects of the game that are from good quality updates a long time ago, and I still play because of those. I haven't done a quest in ages, and I haven't played the new mini games at all, but I still love to do slayer tasks, barrows, clues, etc...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I get really frustrated with "RSC was so much better" and "The community is terrible these days"

I think the only reason they say those things is because RSC was the time before they turned into grumpy, depressed people.

Nah, we just got older. And the community, relatively, got much, much younger. To answer why we don't leave, it's because we already invested so much into the game. We have brief points where we enjoy it so it still has some worth. We like to see what becomes of it in certain aspects.

People put too much pressure on 'ol jagex. They expect every week for Jagex to bring out something "Totally new and gameplay changing!" such as a new skill or something like the barrows, c wars, etc. Jagex releases "good" updates at a steady rate and I think they are doing just fine. If they released something crazy every week then too many new awesome items would come in every week and this could cause serious gameplay and economy problems.

Also, be happy you get updates once a week. It used to be one a month, if even.

I think new, great mini-games is the route for Jagex to take at the moment. Barbarian assault was fun but needs more replay value. If they released some insanely high pt. armor such as the stuff you get at c-wars if might get more action, because I do enjoy playing it (when I get a good team).

Another point I want to add about Miniclip. While it did bring in alot of younger players, it helped the game out as a whole. Without it Jagex probably would not be pumping out updates or doing nearly as much with the game as they are because they would not be able to afford as much staff, servers, etc. More player = more money for Jagex = Larger Jagex = better updates and gaming. The little kids aren't all that bad, just ignore the occational *** that comes along :-$ or do what I do, just type "lol" to everything they say until they get confused and leave. It can be very funny sometimes :XD:

To sum it up. Enjoy the game for what it has that you enjoy, ignore the aspects that you don't enjoy but don't rant about them -.- .

I have no idea what old school RSC was like, I wasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t there. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know what the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâoldÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ community was like ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ same reason. I do know that today, there are a heap of nice people in RS, and a heap of not so nice people. From what I have read, the same existed back in the old days, except there were more of both (obviously).

As a pure ranger with 89 range, I understand the complaints about not many updates for high level players. BUT at least there are updates. Jagex has forced themselves into a corner by guaranteeing 1 update per week. Hence most are small updates of one sort or another, which exclude many RS players with each update. IF there was a monthly update that incorporated the 3 new quests, the new area, the new monsters etc ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ they would have a better chance at satisfying a large chunk of the RS community each month.

I have no idea why peple are like that, I personally enjoy the game at any time I play it, If I dont i go play something else. Yesterday I was doing the new Tower of Life quest, and just saw someone randomly say "jagex messed up again" what the heck? how did they mess up? its a perfectly good update, and I loved it, what will it take to satisfy some people?

Because it's completely useless? Tell me a use? They tried to make seconds easier to get, but they failed it requires materials and so much time to gather these materials from the monsters that nearly no one will use them. The satchets are completely useless for high levels or anyone for that matter..One monkfish=16 hp, while cake=12 triangle sandwitch=1 bananas=2, which is only 15 hp! Plus gathering these stupid items takes so long it's not even worth putting it in the satchet.

Why would we want to store the stupid things from the sandwitch lady anyway! Think jagex, think!

I think you need to look up the definition of disilusioned first of all...

Second of all, I am one of those players who is constantly ranting about how awful this game is. However, there are still many aspects of the game that are from good quality updates a long time ago, and I still play because of those. I haven't done a quest in ages, and I haven't played the new mini games at all, but I still love to do slayer tasks, barrows, clues, etc...

Um i know the definition, ill go look if u want: disÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ilÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷luÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷sion -

1)The act of disenchanting.

2)The condition or fact of being disenchanted.

ok thats not that clear:

enÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷chantÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ed -

1)To cast a spell over; bewitch.

2)To attract and delight; entrance.

So to clarify: disillusioned=disenchanted, enchanted=to attract and delight,disenchanted=opposite of enchanted.

edit:taken from Dictionary.com

barrack others over how poor the game is

Is that even a word?? :-k

In the UK it means like a shouting argument, I think.

Off topic: Yep, barrack is a British word meaning to shout at. Bizarrely it can also mean to shout for (or cheer on) e.g. in a sporting sense - this meaning is more widely used in Australia - us Brits use the negative sense, surprise surprise :D

On topic: I agree with Wakka that Jagex get a pretty raw deal from players - no one update, or even one month's worth of updates are likely to please all players. Basically if you don't like the update don't involve it in your game play. Respect the fact that other players will have appreciated it and stop with all the whining. Ultimately if you feel that way about the entire game then, errr, stop playing altogether! No-one's forcing you to play...

Quite why people feel the need to announce to the world they are quitting due to "update x" or "because the community has gone down hill" and then continue to post for months/years afterwards about how bad it still is/how much worse it's gotten I've no idea.

Mordendravid.png