What level do Monkfish stop burning?

ozzie_the_owl

I have no idea...I'm 89 cooking, and I still burn plenty of monkfish. Also, Cooking Gauntlets do not work when cooking monkfish. :(

A quick tip: Even if the cooking gauntlets don't work with monkfish, cooking in the lumbridge's castle's chef's range will help (I don't know how much it does, but it does). At least it increases your effective level by one (I burnt no tunas since level 64), but maybe it's more.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I have no idea...I'm 89 cooking, and I still burn plenty of monkfish. Also, Cooking Gauntlets do not work when cooking monkfish. :(

A quick tip: Even if the cooking gauntlets don't work with monkfish, cooking in the lumbridge's castle's chef's range will help (I don't know how much it does, but it does). At least it increases your effective level by one (I burnt no tunas since level 64), but maybe it's more.

Actually the range doesn't effect higher level fish. This was posted somewhere before, and I do not have the link readily available. It only effects lower level fish, but I don't know what fish exactly but monkfish wouldn't be included. Probablly fish under lobsters.

icecube7.jpeg

WEll, i dont think that right, cause when i was lvl'ing my cooking cooked from 55 to 60 on the range and burnt less lobs than than my friendwho i was cooking with me but using the fire method.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but i burnt like 10% or 15% less.

"hasta la victoria siempre."

Beated Monkey madness lvl76.

Beated haunted mine at lvl 77.

cmb +75 and total +930 all stats +46 before p2p.

Al f2p stats +50 (15/02/08)

Cooking Gauntlets do work on Monkfish and the level to stop burning Monkfish when wearing them is 91 i believe. (It may be 90).

Yes i realize that i am only level 85 cooking but i have friends who have tested the theory that Cooking Gauntlets don't work on Monkfish.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

WEll, i dont think that right, cause when i was lvl'ing my cooking cooked from 55 to 60 on the range and burnt less lobs than than my friendwho i was cooking with me but using the fire method.

Maybe it was just a coincidence but i burnt like 10% or 15% less.

Well I didn't say that I knew what fish it effected, so it could be like swordfish and higher then. I don't think it works on lobsters more or else that method would be used a lot more.

Cooking Gauntlets do work on Monkfish and the level to stop burning Monkfish when wearing them is 91 i believe. (It may be 90).

Yes i realize that i am only level 85 cooking but i have friends who have tested the theory that Cooking Gauntlets don't work on Monkfish.

JaGEx has confirmed that the cooking guantlets don't work on monkfish. They also said that one never stops burning them, though at high levels you burn very very few.

icecube7.jpeg

JaGEx has confirmed that the cooking guantlets don't work on monkfish. They also said that one never stops burning them, though at high levels you burn very very few.

We all know that Jagex makes errors when answering queries sent in by players. If you know someone with 91+ cooking ask them to cook 10-25 loads of monkfish with gauntlets on. There won't be any burnt ones at the end.

LordFan21.pngHilordfan.jpgZ0mg look im so kool even mods tok to me.

Yes I know that, that's why I said players with high cooking burn very very few. I bet that if they cooked a large enough amount of monkfish, that there would still be a few burnt ones in the end.

icecube7.jpeg

We all know that Jagex makes errors when answering queries sent in by players. If you know someone with 91+ cooking ask them to cook 10-25 loads of monkfish with gauntlets on. There won't be any burnt ones at the end.

your friend didnt test enough... i got a burnt monk fish in lv100 (but no gauntlets thou)

• 2 years later...