"Can you build the ultimate dungeon?" -Kbase

Briante

Can you build the ultimate dungeon?

The runescape knowledge base asks this question each time you browse through the construction manual to check the materials for something you want to build in the future. Now I'm thinking... what is the ultimate dungeon? Is it an 18 room monstrosity filled with a hellhound and teleport trap in every corridor? Does it start out easy for lower levels and get progressively harder for those after the prize? Is it a straight line? Is it a maze?

What in your opinion makes the ultimate dungeon? Would you be more impressed with an army of hellhounds or more of a diversity of different monsters and traps to give it a natural element?

If your answer to the question at the top of this post is YES post pictures of YOUR ULTIMATE DUNGEON!!

tippysiggy.jpg

Here are the different monsters. As I have not found any page anywhere that tells you both the monsters combat level and construction requirement.

skeleton_guard.gif

(level 22)

Skeleton guard (70 con.)

Coins x 50K

guard_dog.gif

(level 44)

Guard dog (74 con.)

Coins x 75K

hobgoblin_guard.gif

(level 54)

Hobgoblin guard (78 con.)

Coins x 100K

baby_red_dragon.gif

(level 65)

Baby red dragon (82 con.)

Coins x 150K

huge_spider.gif

(level 81)

Huge spider (86 con.)

Coins x 200K

troll_guard.gif

(level 91)

Troll guard (90 con.)

Coins x 1 Million

hellhound.gif

(level 122)

Hellhound (94 con.)

Coins x 5 Million

-------------

demon.gif

(Level 82)

Demon (75 cons.)

Coins x 500K

kalphite_soldier.gif

(Level 85)

Kalphite soldier (80 cons.)

Coins x 750K

tok_xil.gif

(Level 90)

Tok-xil (85 cons.)

Coins x 5 Million

dagannoth.gif

(Level 135)

Dagannoth (90 cons.)

Coins x 7.5 Million

steel_dragon.gif

(Level 246)

Steel Dragon (95 cons.)

Coins x 10 Million

tippysiggy.jpg

There isn't any info center that I have seen with all the info on construction level required, monster level, price, ect...

Now that's very vauge, "the max amount of rooms with best monsters and traps." That may be the hardest dungeon, but it lacks diversity and the random element that makes a dungeon creepy.

Not to mention, should it be a maze with dead ends or just a straight path to the treasure room?

Feel free to post your designs if you think YOU have the ultimate dungeon!

tippysiggy.jpg

It's whoever has the most cash, period. There isn't a ton of room for creativity, just big monsters and costly traps and devices. The upstairs would have 2 grids for optimum dungeon size of course.

Anyways, 18 grids max is nowhere close to the size for a real maze, just more space. Just make it big with a lot of big monsters and tough doors (marble, right?), and you've got a good dungeon.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It's whoever has the most cash, period. There isn't a ton of room for creativity, just big monsters and costly traps and devices. The upstairs would have 2 grids for optimum dungeon size of course.

Anyways, 18 grids max is nowhere close to the size for a real maze, just more space. Just make it big with a lot of big monsters and tough doors (marble, right?), and you've got a good dungeon.

indeed, i like the oubliette with steel dragons surrounding it, or at least 1 to make getting out a challenge so that the breath can hit you while you try to force that door open.

tangle vines and trap doors are also amazingly effective. im not sure if ive seen the teleport traps yet tho.

Oubliette with steel dragons on all four sides. THAT's what I'm talking about people. Don't just say the ultimate dungeon is an 18 room monster with fully upgraded stuff. Leave room for creativity.

tippysiggy.jpg

Does anyone know all the monster levels for each dungeon guard?
I have the construction guide memorized lol

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

My dungeon has a hall leading up to the treasure room with the steel dragon in it. I have tangle vines on the end of the hall closest to the dragon, so if you run away with the doors left open, get stuck in the tangle vines and the dragon and just keep breathing fire on you while you basicly burn. Fun indeed.

The ultimate dungeon in my opinion would have to be somewhat easy but somewhat hard. Like it would have to fool you. For instance, you could see the treasure chest in the next room, but there is a teleport trap if you walk in that room, so you have to go another way. But that way is blocked by a monster. Sorta like that, you wanna make it look easy, but hard at the same time.

1-800-Magic.png

sp00nedqm6.png

That is a really cool idea, make the prize room one hall away from the entrance stairway then when they get hit by the teleport trap make an oubliette really far back some where that is hard to get out of. Gives it an element of luck and frustration hehe.

Btw, blue107, the monster combat levels aren't in the guide. That's why I ask. :roll:

tippysiggy.jpg

dungeonmonstersnc9.png

Steel dragon and hell hounds. Only 2 I have in my dungeon sorry. I can get a picture of Rocnar if you need one of those, too.

Oo, very cool, I didnt know they had collars :lol: .

Thought of a neat Idea. Have your oblette and put paths going in all 4 directions with tough trapsand treasure rooms at the end, so all 4 paths are the same, but only put treasure in 1 of the chests. That way people struggle to get to one chest to find out there is nothing in it and they have 3 more they have to try :ohnoes:

dungeonmonstersnc9.png

Steel dragon and hell hounds. Only 2 I have in my dungeon sorry. I can get a picture of Rocnar if you need one of those, too.

Oo, very cool, I didnt know they had collars :lol:

Yep, they come with cute collars. If I get a dagganoth, ill name him Dan. Yep...Dan the Dagganoth.

dungeonmonstersnc9.png

Thought of a neat Idea. Have your oblette and put paths going in all 4 directions with tough trapsand treasure rooms at the end, so all 4 paths are the same, but only put treasure in 1 of the chests. That way people struggle to get to one chest to find out there is nothing in it and they have 3 more they have to try :ohnoes:

I'm liking this idea wakka! You finally get to the chest, and you think, YES! i got the prize, only to open the chest to find it's in one of the other 3. :XD:

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

That is a really cool idea, make the prize room one hall away from the entrance stairway then when they get hit by the teleport trap make an oubliette really far back some where that is hard to get out of. Gives it an element of luck and frustration hehe.

Btw, blue107, the monster combat levels aren't in the guide. That's why I ask. :roll:

Reminds me of Morning's End Part 2 with the handholds, Get so close, then fall. :x

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

dungeonmonstersnc9.png

I'm liking this idea wakka! You finally get to the chest, and you think, YES! i got the prize, only to open the chest to find it's in one of the other 3. :XD:

its an awesome but expensive idea...having 4 treasure rooms with 4 steel dragons...

Reminds me of Morning's End Part 2 with the handholds, Get so close, then fall. :x

It took me 150 attempts to get across that...I'm not exadurating...

Id say the handholds are 10000000000x worse :wall:

Thanks for the pics, I'm updating the monster levels after exploring different people's houses.

Does anyone have a level pic for troll guard/ huge spidy?

I'm pretty sure all the info you're looking for is in the tip.it construction guide or the kb..?

You'd think so but no, the guide only lists the levels of the treasure room guards.

Nevertheless I have gotten them all thanks to Chessy's 99 cons party.

And as for the green dragon idea... we're talking about pohs.

tippysiggy.jpg