Is this against the rules.

crushenator

Suppose I have like 1 million gold and I want to figure out a good way to make money... I ask people on the forum "whats a good way to make money ?" I offer 1 mill to the person who gives me the best answer as incentive to actually share their money making secret.

other than that is extremely stupid, i dont think its against the rules

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Not against the rules, but I agree with vulxai - incredibly stupid.

If you were buying info, you would potentially have to give 1m to every person who posted something since there is no real way to determine who's idea is "good" everyone who posted would be entitled to your 1m, and you not paying up would be considered scamming.

On the other hand, you selling information runs into the same problem - you could be offering very bad advice for the 1m, and getting payed for said bad advice would also be considered scamming. And I don't know who would be stupid enough to pay for money making advice anyway - there's too muh out there for free.

its ridiculous, first people often give out the advise fro free, which has already been said, secondly to make serious money you need money, giving them ALL your 1m for them to tell you "merchant this" or "power train rc to 99 for double nats" is just plain stupid. :wall: :wall:

~the plumber of pain~

~currently - training range (when i'm online)~

[heres my 99 mage vid!

summoning charm guide: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5641302#5641302

I'm afraid I have to disagree with everyone else. In the rules it states that gold ingame may only be traided for other items ingame. A guide to make money is not in the game and is intellectual property. Therefore you can exchange the two.

Not 100% sure if this is right but I think it is.

Sprite-2.jpg

519881548elmosotw.jpg

The guy would just tell you to get the 3gp respawns in the wilderness.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with everyone else. In the rules it states that gold ingame may only be traided for other items ingame. A guide to make money is not in the game and is intellectual property. Therefore you can exchange the two.

Not 100% sure if this is right but I think it is.

Rule 1 - Offensive Language

Rule 2 - Item Scamming

Rule 3 - Password Scamming

Rule 4 - Cheating/Bug Abuse

Rule 5 - Jagex Staff Impersonation

Rule 6 - Account Sharing/Trading

Rule 7 - Using Third Party Software

Rule 8 - Multiple Logging-In

Rule 9 - Encouraging Others to Break Rules

Rule 10 - False Representation

Rule 11 - Advertising/Website

Rule 12 - Real World Item Trading

Rule 13 - Personal Details

Rule 14 - Misuse of Official Forums

Rule 15 - Advert Blocking

i don't think this falls into those categories.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Rule 12 - Real World Trading.

Trading gold for someone's info. Got you there. Hope that helps.

wrong

RuneScape items must only be exchanged for other items/services within the game. 

Exchanging RuneScape items for items or other benefits in other online games, real-life money or other real-life benefits is not allowed.

Tellin information about the game would be considered a service, wouldn't you think?

I'd say that's an extreme grey area. Since it is info for in game, then I wouldn't think it would be illegal. But if someone were to say "Hey, for 1 mil rs gold, I'll post my great money making guide", at that point it becomes a payment for a service outside of game.

It is just a technicality, but something like that would be no different than buying the "runescape money making guide" (advertised on most RS fansites) for rs money. Since all it is, is ways of making money in game.

Now saying "For 1 mil rs gold, meet me in Draynor (world XX) and I'll SHOW you how to make money" would be completly legal (as long as they weren't showing you a method that breaks the rules).

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]