Paintings (56k Warning) Update 3-11-07

LP

Heres a small collection of paintings ive done in school...

note I say "small collection", theres still a bunch in school i have left to do, and i still have over 3 months of school left.

Some of them are studies of artists, some of them are original.. if u have any questions i'll answer...

Hope you enjoy, and hope you can give me some crits.

Note: on some of them the camera flash messed it up, i apologies.

Edit:

New one... again

Work-in-progress, camera doesnt do justice...(almost never does with paintings)

also this isnt the whole picture, it just half of it...

maskwip2jg0.jpg

stairwaytoheavenmm7.jpg

rainyhotelbr0.jpg

randomabstractpx4.jpg

infloresenceyw3.jpg

eskimokissot0.jpg

jackjv5.jpg

laneofpoplarsbydimenticmz9.jpg

tsunamioi0.jpg

tentativeheartdm8.jpg

They look good, I like the first one the most.

OffTopic:Is your name adam? just looks like it is from the name in the corner.. mines adam too lol

yes it is

glad you like them...

in a couple months ill bring home more paintings/photographs from school..

they get better and better as i make them so look forward to them :P

they looks good but personaly i like the drawing better then the paintings :-s i think it is a drawing... but i also like the 5th one with that halloween character thingy... ::'

taz3xk1.jpg

2, 3 and 7 look like your hair =p

haha, i got that comment from fellow students while i was painting them...

and a couple of them actually looked at my hair for inspiration for their paintings.

:shock: =D> =D> =D> Great LP! You are a great artist, I love them all! Keep it up

If its not to much to ask, can you send me a PM when you make a new one? ::'

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

:shock: =D> =D> =D> Great LP! You are a great artist, I love them all! Keep it up

If its not to much to ask, can you send me a PM when you make a new one? ::'

I'm probably going to have a portfolio website soon for my art, as soon as darkrick gets done coding it for me :P so i'll probably announce it when it happens.

when it comes time to put my paintings on the net I'm going to take better pictures in more sufficient lighting so i don't get that gradient of light coming off the paintings.

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad you like...

starting next week I'm going to try and get 1 painting done per week until the end of may. [right now i have 3 W.I.P's]

Very nice! I particularly like the fourth and last one. My only crit is with the one with the two people, the red coat's arms look really weird, because it's impossible for them to bend like that, they should be straight lol. If u scroll down so that you can't see his head it looks as if he is facing outwards.

Never the less, well done and i'm looking forward to more paintings :)

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

Very nice! I particularly like the fourth and last one. My only crit is with the one with the two people, the red coat's arms look really weird, because it's impossible for them to bend like that, they should be straight lol. If u scroll down so that you can't see his head it looks as if he is facing outwards.

Never the less, well done and i'm looking forward to more paintings :)

hold ur hands behind ur back in such a fashion as the "red-coat"?

ermm somehow i can see all pictures exept the first one... (i complain my stupid pc for ignore my wishes :evil: )

EDIT: ok i can see it now, it looks good i realy like the way you shaded the guy who wears the gasmask and the guy himself :thumbsup: the only thing: Color those white parts on the left :wink:

taz3xk1.jpg

The two figures in the nose rubbing one have flat and out of proportion faces.

On the other hand the flower one is very nice. Might I suggest looking at some Impressionist work, it seems to be your calling. Try experimenting with colors compliments to achieve highlights. You would excel in nature, especially if you experimented more with color and light on an object. I would suggest anything by Monet, especially his Lily Pad and Grain Stack series, Degas' ballerinas, and Mary Cassatt's woman, to use as guidelines, then apply that to nature.

BTW never do trite images like the copyrighted Jak figure, and usually hearts as well.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

ermm somehow i can see all pictures exept the first one... (i complain my stupid pc for ignore my wishes :evil: )

EDIT: ok i can see it now, it looks good i realy like the way you shaded the guy who wears the gasmask and the guy himself :thumbsup: the only thing: Color those white parts on the left :wink:

i plan on it, its still a w.i.p

The two figures in the nose rubbing one have flat and out of proportion faces.

On the other hand the flower one is very nice. Might I suggest looking at some Impressionist work, it seems to be your calling. Try experimenting with colors compliments to achieve highlights. You would excel in nature, especially if you experimented more with color and light on an object. I would suggest anything by Monet, especially his Lily Pad and Grain Stack series, Degas' ballerinas, and Mary Cassatt's woman, to use as guidelines, then apply that to nature.

BTW never do trite images like the copyrighted Jak figure, and usually hearts as well.

It was my first oil painting...

as for the jack painting we had to do a study of another artist so i chose Tim Burton.

I don't get why i shouldn't ever do hearts... nothing wrong with them

I don't get why i shouldn't ever do hearts... nothing wrong with them

Hearts, Yin Yangs, Peace Symbols, Unicorns, Fairy Princesses, etc are all very trite and kiddish. Not in all cases, but most who know art won't respect a painting of hearts to the same level as that of a flower in nature.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.