Wanted: Opinions On My House Layout

Rinoa437

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

I'm currently lvl 46 construction and was about to lvl to 50 when I realized my house didn't really have a 'plan' to it. I had just been randomly throwing rooms in as I got the lvl. I figured before I threw any more money into construction I should have my final product mapped out. So, I hopped over to runehq to use the house planner (I would love it if tip.it made one :pray:) and this is what I came up with:

CAWSADCFUCJUCMVDAVTBLTENDIVTLPDMTTPSEAUUBQUEEkEIUIJkIMEMVUMRUSHFAVVAOFFUVGKlFIFKXVKGlKIVOF

Click here, then paste that horribly long code into the white box next to 'use plans' button(and of course click the button when your done)

I would love some feedback and of course the whole point of me posting this is to get some constructive criticism. Obviously no posts saying only that my plans suck. If you don't like them, then tell my what you would do differently and why.

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]

I would say put your Chaple on the closest side from where you teleport in at. So when you enter your house, if you end up on the Northern-most side of your portal, then you can get right into the alter faster. Then place your Quest hall next to it. Add in portals close to the entrance and this is pretty much a perfect house.

The reason I say put the alter there is because if you eventually want to get a high prayer level and use your own alter (what I am doing now) it helps heaps having less of a hassle trying to locate your alter and minimizing the running from entrance portal to alter. Quest Hall right next to it for a quick glory tele to bank. Helps a load and if you have other players over it helps them out as well.

Other than that, having the portals closer to the entrance helps lower the time ever so slightly when you tele to your house to restore prayer in between tasks (if you do that) It does help and not having to search your house for your portals helps.

This is all I can really think of, not really a NEED, but it sure is convenient.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Yep, personally I would replace the throne room with the chapel and the kitchen with the portal chamber (maybe with another portal chamber just south of it so you can get all the teles).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Sorry, my ocd forced me to change around the chapel/study/throne room locations. So if you decide not to use the set-up I made up, I'll give you some suggestions.

Here is the house layout. It started out like yours at least... didn't turn out much like it.

TAKDHTTELDIVTINjIIDMLTPHEAVUASEEWUEDEIWUIMkIMEMVUMRUSQFBPVBFFFUVGGlFOFKXVKPlKIFNLVNQGIXGOP

-Only 2 bedrooms, and switch the costume room into the room you took out. The costume room was over the garden :P.

-Don't add as many useless corridors/junctions on the edge of things. You can use those rooms to make your dungeon more interesting.

-Switch out some corridors/junctions for other rooms. At least one chapel and one combat room is nice.

-You can probably take out the parlor, it isn't used too much (the throne room and dining room are better for "hang-out spots").

-Switch around the skill hall and the quest hall. Mounted glory easier to get to this way.

-Add another portal room like joe said. If you aren't going to use them, maybe when you have your house open other people can use them. Just do every one except for lummy.

Shaniqua.png

- 3 bedrooms?

- The workshop would look strange there - rooms only connected by a corner look odd.

- The throne room needs to stand out - putting it in such an arbitrary place isn't right

- Nobody really ever uses the games room. Use that room space for a dungeon room.

- What's the point of the garden on the NW side of the house? I'm assuming you're going to use the formal garden as the entrance, since it's closer to a few important rooms.

Dungeon critique:

- What is the point of the 3 junctions around the oubliette? You can see that they do not lead anywhere, and half the traps will never be triggered. Remove the N and E ones, and replace the W one with another oubliette - either with a Rocnar or flame pit.

- I'm not sure I like the idea of the stairs halfway through the dungeon - it means you can just skip half of the challenge. Replace it with another oubliette.

- The junction E of the stairs is pointless, as the traps will never be triggered. I'm going to go ahead and say that junction rooms are pointless. Just use oubliettes - you can build a guard, plus a rocnar which patrols the whole room.

- Put the Treasure Room outside viewing distance of the oubliette - don't let the player see what they're up against.

- If you have a spare 11m, build a treasure room on the N and E sides of the final junction (make it an oubliette), and put a marble door so that players are stuck there. Then build two Tok-Xil boss monsters, which will range the player as they get attacked by the Rocnar and try to pick/force the ridiculously difficult marble door.

(Half of my time spent in Runescape is dedicated to improving my dungeon :lol:)

The most critical part of laying out your house is putting the most useful things right next to your portal. I put 2 portal rooms, a chapel, and my quest hall flanking my entrance portal, and then built the house out from the quest hall. I love this layout and highly recommend it because it puts the most useful parts of your house in quick reach right when you teleport in, portals in the portal rooms, an altar in the chapel, and a mounted glory in the quest hall.

I value form over substance in house designs, if it don't look nice, it ain't worth it. just me. I will never pour money in a good dungeon, I'm just that reluctant to spend....

I would personally push the Parlour and Skill Hall up northwards, so you can a larger Garden (which I adore). Probably , you shouldn't even use the garden and just leave is blank, it doesn't look too bad that way from personal experiences (i personally found a Garden more ugly than having nothing). Even better, replace the Games Room with the Parlour and just replace the Garden with skill hall, or leave it blank, so you essentially got 3 connected gardens, which makes it look like you have East and West wings.

The throne room doesn't look majestic, is just part of the house but just seem....unimportant the way you place it. Replace throne room with Workshop and it may look much better.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

Ok, new update, I tried to incorporate as many of your ideas as I could. Also, I attempted to 'fix' my dungeon, but as I've never really used one I can't claim to know how to make a 'good' one. Now, without further ado:

DAVDFUTELjEIDJUTINjLEDMVTPPjPITTQEBXUAHUIMkIJEMWUMDERUUSREUTUWSFAVFFUVGKFJUVKGlJOFMVVOFVRQ

Rinoa_tilly.png

STATS

[hide]Rinoa_tilly.png[/hide]