2. Obby Mauler "Do's and Don'ts"

3. What Stats?

4. Training

5. Pking Set-ups/techniques

5.1. Range/Obby Maul

5.2. Melee Mauling

6. Fighting Specific Enemies

7. Thanks

[hide=Introduction]Welcome to my guide on one of the best pker set-ups around, the Obby Mauler. An Obby Mauler can hit insanely high at very low levels, because they have 1-5 attack, 60+ str, and 1 def (although there are some variations). The weapon used by obby maulers is the Tzhaar-ket-om, an obsidian maul that has no attack level requirements, only a strength requirement of 60. It is possible to be hitting 27s at 32 combat on an obby mauler, which is staggering compared to other pures around that level. I will show you the in and outs of obby mauling pking, from what to wear, inventory set ups, stat set ups, and specific strategies.[/hide]

[hide=Obby Mauler "Do's and Don'ts]DO have a good source of money, whether it is woodcutting, fishing, mining, or some secret way of money making. Obby mauls cost about 140k (prices may change), and berserker necklaces cost about 130k as well, so every death is pretty expensive, but the pking is well worth it, because you will OWN!

DO have a way to entertain yourself. You will be training for LONG amounts of time, and training with low attack and low def is very boring. Put on some music, watch a movie, get a season of TV show, read a book, do homework, whatever. You will get bored, and the one reason why most people abandon or dont start an obby mauler is because of sheer boredom while training. Just wait it out, itll be worth it in the end.

DO use recoils while pking. I cant stress this enough. This is one of the most important parts of obby mauling, because it is one of the best ways to get an opponents health down. If you dont use recoils, your chances of getting a KO are very slim.

DONT get prayer. Dont do it!! Im sure youre thinking Oh, I dont want to lose 300k every death, Ill get 25 prayer and then Ill only lose 170k. Prayer will ruin a good obby mauler, as it will increase your combat level significantly. Instead of fighting players at your level with 35 hp, when you can hit 27s, youll be fighting people with 45-50 hp, when you can still only hit 27s Not to mention, when you get higher leveled in p2p pking, you start having to deal with Dbow Pjers, Granite Maulers, and a whole bunch of other annoying people that could kill you easily. Obby maulers are mainly good for lower level pking, where everyone elses hitpoints are low, while your hitpoints are extremely high, and where you can also hit way more than anyone else.

DONT safe. Ok, Im not just saying this because Im one of those kids that complain about people safing all the time and saying that its dishonorable or whatever. Like I said before, ring of recoils are extremely important while obby mauling, and in order to get the other players hitpoints down, you need to let them hit you. The thing is, is that if you let someone hit you forever, and you keep getting low hp, then eating once, then getting really low hp again, and eating, theyre going to forget about the fact that their health is slowly but surely going down because of your recoils. They will be so excited that theyre owning you, they figure it doesnt matter that their hitpoints are below 25. Then all of a sudden, you whip out your maul and KO them with a 23 and 2 hits from your recoil. Not only will people be annoyed with you if you safe, but they will also safe too, which pretty much sucks for an obby mauler. One of the best opponents an obby mauler can fight is someone who doesnt safe at all (You know, those people that think theyre all high and mighty because they dont eat below 10 hits, and then they yell at anyone who eats below 20), because when their hits are below 20, you can easily KO them with a maul hit.[/hide]

[hide=What Stats?]For stats on an obby mauler, the standard is 1 attack 60+strength and 1 defense. However, there are some variations on this.

5 attack Obby Maulers

This stats set-up is just as it sounds, an obby mauler with 5 attack instead of 1. I have personally made an obby mauler with 5 attack, and it was totally worth it. With stats 5 attack, 60 strength, and 1 defense you get 1 more combat level (33 combat) than an obby mauler with 1 attack (32 combat). However, your max hit stays the same (27), but you get the added benefit of 5 attack. 5 attack levels probably dont sound too helpful, but they definitely are. Not only does it make training easier, you will get much more KOs, and youll find that you will frequently hit multiple 20+ hits in a row with your maul. If you are using the melee only method of obby mauling (discussed later), you should seriously consider getting 5 attack. With it, you can use a steel dagger (p++), which will do significantly more damage than an iron dagger would, and will also hit much more. In fact, Id say that 5 attack is almost a must if meleeing. Many people seem to only want 1 attack, thinking that its nooby to get 5 attack, as its not a true mauler, but whatever.

Obby Tanks

Obby tanks are pretty rare, but can be very effective. They are often a route that maulers will take once they get 70+ strength. In fact, I wouldnt advise trying an obby tank unless youre above 70 strength. If you arent, people really arent going to want to fight you, and you wont really take advantage of your defense. Some Ideal obby tank stats would be 1 attack, 70 strength, 40 def. I would say that after 70 strength, you should increase your def with your strength, in increments of 10. For example, 1 attack 80 strength, 50 defense, and then 1 attack 90 strength, and 60 defense. For obby tanks, I strongly suggest getting a slayers staff (The staff needed to cast slayer dart. It has no attack requirements, but has the same stats as a rune scimitar, and needs 55 slayer and 55 magic to wield). With defense, it will be much easier to get slayer up, and a slayer staff is almost needed at that level, to do significant damage to your opponents, as they will have a lot of hp, and a dagger really wont do the job. If you dont want to get a slayer staff, you basically need to get ranged, 70+ would be sufficient, although it does depend on your stats. It is also a very good idea to get 20 attack, for the corrupt statius warhammer, or vestas longsword. These are really great ko weapons, and can basically be used instead of a maul. Also, the attack will help a lot when fighting opponents at a higher level.[/hide]

[hide=Training]One of the worst parts about obby maulers is training, and it is the reason why obby maulers are very uncommon. Training with 1 defense is quite a pain (as most people with pures know), and training with 1 attack is just hideous. For training, you are limited to a couple spots

For equipment, the Red Topaz Machete is the best training weapon for 1 attack, although it is p2p. If you are training your mauler in f2p, switch it for an iron scimitar. If you decide to get 5 attack (Ill talk about this later in the guide), you should use a steel scimitar (better than Red Topaz Machete). Also, if you are hardcore and end up getting 55 slayer and 55 magic for the Slayer Staff, then use that. An unholy book is also nice for training.

For armor, you want full iron, and if you have 40+ ranged, swap out the iron legs for the best d'hide legs you can wear.

Once you get 60+ strength, use an obby maul (tzhaar-ket-om) with a berserker necklace. (Unless you have a slayers staff)

Pineapple Pizzas are one of the best foods for training, as they heal 22 hp each (2 bites, 11 hp each). However, they are pretty expensive, so if you dont have a good source of money, use some other food.

You should also wear a combat bracelet. Many people will say that you should get mithril gloves from the RFD quests, however the combat bracelet has the same stats, although it is a bit more expensive. If you like quests, you might want to go for the mithril gloves, but if you hate quests like me, and have a pretty good way to make money, combat bracelets are fine.

Training Spots

Chickens

Can be found near Lumbridge. You can pick up feathers while killing them to get some money as well. No food required

Goblins

Right across the bridge from Lumbridge. Your best bet would be to just equip your weapon, a strength ammy, and an iron plate, then just kill them till you die, spawn in lumbridge, then go back.

Cows

Can also be found near Lumbridge or next to the Crafting Guild, however you will most need food. (A good option is to bring some logs and a tinderbox, and light a fire to cook the raw beef on)

Seagulls

These are one of the best spots to train obby maulers, as they are basically the same as chickens, but they are very uncrowded. They can be found on the docks at Port Sarim

Rock Crabs

waterbirthmap.jpg

Red = Multi-combat Rock Crabs

Purple = Multi-combat Rock Crabs BEWARE HOBGOBLINS

Yellow = Jarvald-Talk to to get to Waterbirth

Green = Waterbirth Crabs

Rock crabs are p2p, and will require food, but are very good for training. I would recommend waiting until at least 40+ strength before going to rock crabs, or else you will just waste food. I would also recommend going to Waterbirth Island to train, as it is single combat, so you wont waste food being hit by other crabs, and it is much less crowded than the ones at Relekka. Also, you avoid those annoying cannons! To get to Waterbirth, talk to Jarvald on the eastern dock in Relekka. You will have to pay if you havent done Fremmenik Trials. At 60+ strength, this is definitely the best option for training, and is also pretty much afk-able. There are a couple spots where there are multiple crabs, which will attack you right after you kill the last, just make sure that you dont die! At some point, you will also find that the crabs will no longer awake and attack you, just run away from them and come back, and they should attack you again. This is also the best place to train for obby tanks (although the crabs at relekka would probably be better than waterbirth, if they arent too crowded/no cannon).

Soul Wars/Pest Control

If youre really lazy, you can do Soul Wars or Pest Control, but I would strongly suggest against it. If you go this route, you will be losing very very valuable hitpoints xp, but if you really cant handle training regularly, I suppose you can[/hide]

Pking Set-ups/Techniques

There are many different styles of obby mauler pking, however some are definitely better than others. From experience, I can tell you that some obby maulers have no idea what theyre doing, and it is soo easy to kill them, but when facing an obby mauler who has a proper set-up, and good technique, it is very tricky (that will be you!).

[hide=Ranged/Obby maul]This is one of the most popular methods of obby mauling, and it is very effective. The first thing is that you want your range to be as high as possible without affecting your combat level. To figure that out, use tip.its combat calculator to figure out the max ranged level that you can get (obviously you dont need to have max ranged, but you should get it as high as possible).

The ranged method basically involves using fast weapons (darts/knives) to hit a lot of small damage, getting your opponents health down, and then whipping out your maul for the KO. You should always have poisoned darts or knives for this method, it will really help you get your opponents health down fast. Another thing that people do is to bring a mage shortbow, then when your opponent is low, switch to it, spec with it, then pull out your maul and KO. Here is an example of a good ranging set up and inventory.

rangedmaulequip.jpg

Equipment

Feel free to switch between darts and knives, but just make sure that they are the best you can use, and that they are super poisoned (p++). If you are having trouble buying the poisoned ones, you can always buy the non-poisoned versions, then buy some weapon poison (p++), and poison them yourself. There is no herblore requirement for this.

Make sure that you ALWAYS have a berserker necklace when mauling. It increases damage done with your maul by 20%, which is basically why obby maulers can hit so hard. It costs a lot, which is just something you have to deal with. Obby mauling is expensive, but is totally worth it. You should always have a pretty steady source of money on an obby mauler, as every death can be about 500k+ in expenses.

Always wear the best dhide you can, and if you want to, you could wear a leather top and coif, however I like the iron, since it doesnt really affect the range bonus that much, but gives some extra defense.

You've probably noticed the accumulator crossed out in the pic, thats just because I messed up, and left it on in the pic. Don't even think about getting an accumulator! Restless Ghost and some of the other requirement quests will get you to about 13 prayer, which is a big no-no for maulers.

rangedmaulinvpic.jpg

Inventory

You can see that the food here is monkfish. I strongly suggest using monkfish, or at least something better than lobsters. When fighting other maulers and especially pure rangers, you will find yourself taking a lot of damage pretty quickly, and it really helps to have some good food. Not only will you decrease your risk of dying with better food, you will also be able to stay in the fight longer than your opponent, which could lead to you winning.

Super strength potions are a must, as they will significantly increase your max hit. Super anti-poisons can be swapped out for regular anti-poison potions, but the super antis will last longer. Anti-poison potions are very helpful when fighting at lower levels, because almost everyone that you will fight has some way that they will poison you (obby maulers poisoning with a dagger, rangers with knives, etc.). Especially when fighting obby maulers, this severely decreases your chance of getting KOed. Although poison doesnt seem like it would do much, if it comes at the right time, it can be devastating. For example, if youre fighting an obby mauler and hit a 20 on them, you will get 2 recoil damage. Combine this with a 25 hit from their maul, and then 6 damage from poison, and youre looking at 33 damage in 1 hit. That said, bring an anti-poison ;)

Super attack potions are only if you have 5 attack, because if you have 1 attack it really wont make a difference.

Here there is a mage shortbow in the inventory, for using the special attack as I said before. This is optional, and it really wont make too much difference as it is only usable once in a while because of the special bar regenerating, however it does add a nice chance for a KO.[/hide]

[hide=Melee Mauling]This is my personal favorite mauling technique, and the one I have the most experience with. It is also the least used, as most people dont really know how to do it correctly. They key with meleeing is to do lots of quick small hits, and then KO with your maul. Here, 5 attack is strongly recommended, and recoils are basically a requirement. Without recoils, your chance of a KO is very slim.

The basic idea of meleeing is to use a dagger (p++) to get your opponent poisoned, and get their health down. By hitting small hits with the dagger, plus hits from poison, and then recoil hits, you can get your opponents health down pretty effectively. The best part about meleeing is that people dont assume your going to kill them. People see you sitting there with a little dagger, and they figure this guy has no chance of killing me. I dont need to safe at all. Even if they know youre a mauler, they still think they can easily beat you because of the dagger, thinking that if needed, they have more than enough time to eat because the dagger will be hitting such low hits. This is where the poison and the recoil damage comes in. Say you have an opponent at a little over half health. Then, you hit a 9 with your dagger, a 6 from poison, and then 2 recoil damage. Thats 17 damage, and you havent even pulled out your maul yet. You whip out your maul, hit a 20+ hit, and boom theyre dead. This method is very effective against pure rangers, because they hit you so much, so you can really take advantage of your recoils. Ill talk about this a bit later down the page.

meleeequippic.jpg

Equipment

Here Im just using full iron, but if you have ranged and dont want to use the ranged/maul method, you should use the best dhide chaps you can, as they will give you some more defense. Obviously, if youre not 5 attack, swap out the steel dagger (p++) for an iron dagger (p++), just make sure that they are always p++ poisoned.

Once again, I messed up with the accumulator. Like I said before, don't get an accumulator!

meleeinvpic.jpg

Inventory

Same as the ranged inventory, minus the mage shortbow, and I have a super attack pot here because 5 attack is a really big advantage while meleeing. Also, here you might want a few more extra recoils. You should experiment to see how many you normally use in a trip, because it mainly depends on how often you bank when youre pking, but I find that 2-3 extras is generally good. Remember, you want to always have a recoil on when youre fighting, its probably the most important part of meleeing![/hide]

6.)Fighting Specific Enemies

[hide=Fighting Pure Rangers]Many low level pkers seem to be pretty afraid of fighting pure rangers, as they hit so high and they hit extremely fast. Combine this with a cbow that can hit 20+, and they really are pretty deadly. But not as deadly as you! Especially if you know how to fight them. First Ill talk about meleeing them. Make sure that you eat at around 25 hp, as they can easily do 10+ damage in a very short amount of time, and then whip out a cbow for a high hit. The key is to keep taking their hits, and let your recoils do the work for you. They can be hitting constant 5/6s on you, and while you gorge yourself on monkfish, they are getting hit by your recoil damage all the time. Of course theyre thinking, Whats the big deal? Its only hitting me 1 damage at a time, Ill have plenty of time to eat when I need to. This is why melee obby maulers own pure rangers. While theyre constantly hitting you, you are occasionally hitting them with your dagger, plus recoil damage, plus poison damage. Wait till they are at a little over half hp, and once you see a poison hit, whip out your maul and go for a KO. Chances are, youll kill them, as they are going to be getting hit by a 6 from poison, a couple damage from recoils, and a 20+ maul hit (hopefully). Also, many times I just use the dagger until they are poisoned, then just use my maul. This can be very effective because you can easily do 30+ damage in one hit from recoil, maul, and poison. Once you get good at mauling, you should be able to kind of time when your poison will hit, as youll start to realize that you havent seen a poison hit in a while, and it must be coming up. Thats when you start getting ready for it, and hitting them with your dagger every now and then. The best is when you can get a dagger hit, poison hit, and recoil damage, then pull out your maul and get a big maul hit, plus some more recoil damage. Fighting pure rangers is pretty hard, and mostly about timing, but once you get good at it, youll want to fight them, as they are really an easy KO.

If youre fighting a pure ranger while you are ranging, good luck. I personally dont have much experience with it, but it can be really tough, especially if they have recoils. You both will be hitting 5/6s almost constantly, and both be getting hit by recoils, so your hits are going to go down extremely fast. Basically all that matters in these fights is who has a better chance of a KO, because you both will be getting your health down at about the same rate. If you can pull out your maul before they can have a chance of KOing you, you will almost surely win. Just make sure that you watch your health and eat at about 30, because theres a good chance that you will get unlucky though, and get hit with a lot of damage from poison and recoil and knives at the same time, so definitely watch out for that. Then again, you could get lucky and get all those hits at the same time too, so a lot of the fight depends on luck. This is probably the hardest opponent you will fight as a ranged mauler (except for those annoying defense pures -.-).[/hide]

[hide=Fighting Other Maulers]With this guide, you should be able to own other maulers. Why? Well, to be honest, Id say about 50% of maulers have no idea what theyre doing (in my opinion). Youll often encounter maulers that dont poison, dont use recoils, and just dont have a good way of getting your health down. However, that still leaves 50% who do know what theyre doing, and those are the ones that are obviously going to give you trouble, however you should be able to kill them pretty easily.

The key when fighting other maulers is to know when to eat. If possible, you should look up your opponent on the high scores, to find their strength. You can estimate their max hit by what your strength level and what your max hit is, and what theirs is (If you have 70 strength and your max is 30, and they have 68 strength, their max is probably going to be around 29-30, etc.). If you know this, it is easy to figure out when to eat.

The main thing you need to know to be able to know when to eat is to be able to time their maul hits (this only works when they are just using the maul, which is very often). Since the maul is a very slow weapon, most of the time you will hit, then wait about a second, and then they will hit. So, say they hit a 25 and get you down to 10 hp. Instead of panicking and eating right away like many people would, you should wait, hit them with your maul, and then eat before they hit you again. Many people wont bother to eat if they see you at 10 hp, and chances are if you are at 10 hp, they just got a good hit on you, meaning you got some good recoil damage on them. Combine this with poison, and youve got a good chance for a KO, and if not, you can easily heal yourself back up before they hit you again. Every now and then though, you will be in a fight where you hit each other at the same time (you both hit each other, wait a few seconds, and hit again, instead of alternating). This is where it gets tricky and is mostly luck, as you could easily both hit a 25+ hit, and hit each other with recoil/poison damage, all at the same time. You even stand a chance of killing each other at the same time, which has happened to me a lot before (pretty annoying if you dont get good loot). If you are ranged mauling, theres no real strategy, just range away and then pull out your maul for a KO when necessary.[/hide]

[hide=Thanks]A HUGE thanks to one of my all-time best online friends Alex (His current account name is ep1cphail. We are almost always in Telep0rt Now's clan chat when online, feel free to pop in!). He has taught me most of what I know about pking, and a TON about obby mauling, and was the one to get me into mauling in the first place. He also helped me out with the pictures, as I dont have a p2p account at the moment.

Thanks a lot man![/hide]

I'll be adding more on to this guide, such as more about obby tanking, some videos, and some more pictures. Feel free to suggest some ideas!

Well there it is. This is my first guide so constructive criticism is appreciated! (Dont go too hard on me :D) I havent really got a chance to really proof-read it, so any spelling mistakes/typos that you find feel free to tell me. I made this guide because I always saw so many people asking questions about what to do for obby maulers on the help and advice and graveyard help and advice forums, so I figured Id make a guide myself. Hope you enjoyed it!

Very intresting guide, however I noticed a few things:

The first equipment picture has snakeskin boots, you need 30 defence for them, that accoount obviouslyisn't a mauler :P

The Clay Staff from stealnig creation has a higher strength bonus than the slayer staff and is easier to get, it is just 1 speed slower so you might want to reccomend that

Maybe also go into 20 Attack maulers who can use climbing boots they're effective at higher levels

Very good guide though

Very intresting guide, however I noticed a few things:

The first equipment picture has snakeskin boots, you need 30 defence for them, that accoount obviouslyisn't a mauler :P

The Clay Staff from stealnig creation has a higher strength bonus than the slayer staff and is easier to get, it is just 1 speed slower so you might want to reccomend that

Maybe also go into 20 Attack maulers who can use climbing boots they're effective at higher levels

Very good guide though

Oh, woops, I took that on an account with defense, since I don't have a mauler account atm, and I kinda forgot about that >.<. I'll change it when I get a chance.

As for the SC staff, it is a pretty good option, but the speed of the slayer staff really does make it better in my experience. I'll add it in though, since it is a good option for lower levels.

Awesome Guide! Wish I could make another P2p account to be a obby mauler >.

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

Very nice. I don't know enough on this topic to say much about it, but it was very helpful. Only thing I can say is that you may want to use hide tags so the guide is easier to browse through and organize.

Thanks a lot everyone for replying, and sorry I haven't been updating the guide too much... I've been having a pretty hectic week with exams and all.

Also, my main account got banned, (I don't want to talk about it. -.- Although I'm pretty much done with RS now, except for a few pkers that I will play from time to time) so now I don't have a p2p account for pics or anything. But I'll try to get around to updating it a bit (add some hide tags, correct some grammar mistakes etc.).

If anyone could help with the pics (like the ones I messed up -.-), that would be awesome, give me a pm :)

A really important thing to remember is to not become ranged/mage based, because this will really mess up you're obby mauler.

I'm training a new obby mauler now because i learned this from experience on a 1-79-1 mauler... -.-

I also wanted to include some tips for training you're obby mauler

[hide=training slayer]- U can use a iron/steel halberd when you're on a task that has safespots.

- Only train your ranged/mage on slayer tasks .

- Don't wear recoils while training slayer

- Use teleport tabs so you don't get unwanted magic experience[/hide]

[hide=training str]- Always wear a regeneration bracelet because the healing ability adds up

- Always use super attack potions when traing (maybe in combination with normal strength potions)

- Train construction to lvl 30 so u can place your house in Relleka for 10k

- Use chocolate cakes or baskets with fruit because rock crabs hit low so u won't need high healing food.[/hide]

[hide=quests]-----[Recipe for Disaster]-----

Reward : Mithril gloves

-----[Horror from the deep]-----

Reward : Unholy book

-----[One small favour]-----

Reward : 2 x 10k xp lamps (do this quest when you're 30+ slayer otherwise you can't use them on slayer)[/hide]

All these tips are for 1 attack obby maulers because i don't have any experience with other mauler types.

If you have any questions you can contact me on RS.

My RS name = Xi J0ost Ix (the first o is a zero)

Very good guide, however I don't really think Obby Maul pures work anymore. They were amazing at dueling, back in the day, as they could easy 1-3 hit people their level. They would obviously set no food or armour.

In the new Bounty Worlds, the problem is that Obby maul pures have lower then average health, and really can't K0. I've seen some people use Topaz machete as a main damage weapon for Obby Mauls, as K0ing a eating person with armour is very hard. A mithril or even adamant sword can easily kill a Obby Pure.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Very good guide, however I don't really think Obby Maul pures work anymore. They were amazing at dueling, back in the day, as they could easy 1-3 hit people their level. They would obviously set no food or armour.

In the new Bounty Worlds, the problem is that Obby maul pures have lower then average health, and really can't K0. I've seen some people use Topaz machete as a main damage weapon for Obby Mauls, as K0ing a eating person with armour is very hard. A mithril or even adamant sword can easily kill a Obby Pure.

Those are "mod" obby maulers (which I will eventually add a section on). Mod obby maulers get 30/40 slay or whatever the requirement for SW is, and then do SW for all of their training. This means they have very low hp, but have high strength at a very low combat level.

A normal obby mauler actually has much higher than average health, and that is one of their strong points. When training from 1 to 60 strength, you will get much more hitpoints xp than getting 30 attack and maxed strength at the same combat level.

As for fighting someone with armor... Well, first of all, almost no one at 30ish combat is going to have defense, and if they do, 1.) They're a defense pure with 1 attack 1 strength and 60 defense or something along those lines, 2.) No one will fight them because there is absolutely no chance of killing them, and 3.) As on obby mauler, you shouldn't even bother going near these people. There is absolutely no way that you will ever kill them, and they are just going to waste your food and annoy the hell out of you by hitting 1's and poisoning you. Not to mention, most defense pures find it very enjoyable to ruin your fights, and try to pj you if given the chance.

I don't really play runescape anymore tbh, so I don't really know how obby maulers are in the new BH worlds, but I don't see why they wouldn't work. I had an obby mauler that I played on the pvp worlds and it was great, I was getting loads of kills.

There are no obby maulers on BH worlds anymore.

Lets compare 2 level 35s.

1-60-1 with 60 Hp

25-25-20 with 60 HP

With 1 in other stats, both are around 35(+- 1)

Now, the problem is the 25-25 is going to be CONSISTANTLY hitting on the Obby Mauler. If they used Steel Scim, they will be consistantly hitting 5-10 on you. The obby mauler is going to have to eat and hit. The problem is the maul is too slow. Sure, you might pull off a 20-35 hit, but you can easily heal through that. You can eat 2 sharks before another maul.

That leaves you with the option of using something like a Topaz Machete, without any attack requirement. You would be missing alot, but some 10+ hits. Although hard to kill, it is possible to get lucky, get them below 30, and surprise switch mmaul for KO. That is very hard, and unlikely, which is why there are no more Obby Maul pures. The damage is unstable, but it follows the theme of inconsistant, sudden damage.

A dagger is also a option. It instead relies on poison, rather then actual damage delt by swings. This can be a good or bad thing. For one, your K0 chance is pretty much every 30 seconds, when poison happens. If you can get a good hit, then maybe maul will k0. The damage is more steady, but a fight with a mauler really won't be long. The mauler has to k0 quick or run, as they take high damage. If you are doing this, consider having a timer that repeats on every 30 seconds.

Recoil is very useful, but to be honest the 1-2 damage is not going to be able to do much. The chance you actually red bar the enemy is pretty low. The damage you are going to take is really going to waste more of your time and food.

Obby maul pures can easily win in a no armour or food environment, as their damage is inconsistant, a single hit will probably do 1/3 to 1/2 their health.

Owned_Nex.png

There are no obby maulers on BH worlds anymore.

Lets compare 2 level 35s.

1-60-1 with 60 Hp

25-25-20 with 60 HP

With 1 in other stats, both are around 35(+- 1)

Now, the problem is the 25-25 is going to be CONSISTANTLY hitting on the Obby Mauler. If they used Steel Scim, they will be consistantly hitting 5-10 on you. The obby mauler is going to have to eat and hit. The problem is the maul is too slow. Sure, you might pull off a 20-35 hit, but you can easily heal through that. You can eat 2 sharks before another maul.

That leaves you with the option of using something like a Topaz Machete, without any attack requirement. You would be missing alot, but some 10+ hits. Although hard to kill, it is possible to get lucky, get them below 30, and surprise switch mmaul for KO. That is very hard, and unlikely, which is why there are no more Obby Maul pures. The damage is unstable, but it follows the theme of inconsistant, sudden damage.

A dagger is also a option. It instead relies on poison, rather then actual damage delt by swings. This can be a good or bad thing. For one, your K0 chance is pretty much every 30 seconds, when poison happens. If you can get a good hit, then maybe maul will k0. The damage is more steady, but a fight with a mauler really won't be long. The mauler has to k0 quick or run, as they take high damage. If you are doing this, consider having a timer that repeats on every 30 seconds.

Recoil is very useful, but to be honest the 1-2 damage is not going to be able to do much. The chance you actually red bar the enemy is pretty low. The damage you are going to take is really going to waste more of your time and food.

Obby maul pures can easily win in a no armour or food environment, as their damage is inconsistant, a single hit will probably do 1/3 to 1/2 their health.

Umm, you might want to check your facts there.

You say that 25 25 20 is 60 hp? Heh. not even close. Using this hitpoints calc (which i have used many times before, and it is pretty accurate), you're looking at about 23 hp for those stats, which is easily a 1 hit ko. However, that account has defense, which... well, no one at lvl 35 thats pking is going to have defense, and if they do, obby mauler should make sure to stay away.

The point is, is that most pkers that an obby mauler will be fighting at lvl 35 have around 35-40 hp, give or take. A couple dagger/poison hits, some recoil damage, and you're very easily down to 25-30 hp. A 23 maul hit combined with 2 recoil damage and a poison hit = easy ko. Meanwhile, you have 60 hp, and without a very effective KO method, your opponent is going to have to wait a while till your hp is down, and you can let your hp get pretty low. You just need to mainly watch out for other maulers and rangers with cbows and enchanted bolts. 2h's aren't really a threat, as at lvl 35 the max damage they will be doing is probably around 15.

If you feel like you're not doing enough "consistent" damage, you might want to go down the range/maul road. With knives, you'll be constantly hitting your opponent with consistent damage, providing an easy ko.

A 25-25-20 with 23 HP is level 27.

Anyways...

At level 25, all "balance" players have defense. If you wanna fight a pure, you will fail miserably. A obby maul pure can't even face up to a range pure at that level.

Your theory of getting people's HP down is unreliable. You have to do 10 damage with dagger, get attacked 2 times, AND get it on the exact second of poison, time the attack perfectly to get the "easy k0". Food if their friend.

Now, a range obby mauler might have stats like 60 Str, 53 range, and 40 HP. Thats level 35.

Compare to a range/2h k0er. 40-42-55. 40 HP

Or a balance player. 32-32-20 with 40 HP.

In all of these cases, the other person would win. Food is a critical enemy of Obby Maul pures. Sure, you might be able to outdamage them, but if they are consistantly hitting 5-10 on you, which is very easy considering you have 1 defence and almost no armor, you will have a very hard time actually attacking. You will be doing damage to the pure, but their damage will far outdamage your MSB or knives, due to their slight advantage in levels. Their KO is much more reliable(40 attack vs 1). The balance player will be doing low damage, but their defense is going to be a serious problem, minimizing your damage, while pretty much driving you out of food.

Now, these are not exact stats, but according to the Tip.it calculator, these are all level 35.

If you want to counter this, then please support with factual evidence, of levels or players and stats.

Owned_Nex.png

A 25-25-20 with 23 HP is level 27.

Anyways...

At level 25, all "balance" players have defense. If you wanna fight a pure, you will fail miserably. A obby maul pure can't even face up to a range pure at that level.

Your theory of getting people's HP down is unreliable. You have to do 10 damage with dagger, get attacked 2 times, AND get it on the exact second of poison, time the attack perfectly to get the "easy k0". Food if their friend.

Now, a range obby mauler might have stats like 60 Str, 53 range, and 40 HP. Thats level 35.

Compare to a range/2h k0er. 40-42-55. 40 HP

Or a balance player. 32-32-20 with 40 HP.

In all of these cases, the other person would win. Food is a critical enemy of Obby Maul pures. Sure, you might be able to outdamage them, but if they are consistantly hitting 5-10 on you, which is very easy considering you have 1 defence and almost no armor, you will have a very hard time actually attacking. You will be doing damage to the pure, but their damage will far outdamage your MSB or knives, due to their slight advantage in levels. Their KO is much more reliable(40 attack vs 1). The balance player will be doing low damage, but their defense is going to be a serious problem, minimizing your damage, while pretty much driving you out of food.

Now, these are not exact stats, but according to the Tip.it calculator, these are all level 35.

If you want to counter this, then please support with factual evidence, of levels or players and stats.

Ok. You say that a range/2h koer with the same(ish) ranged level as an obby mauler would win in a fight. Yes, they do more consistent damage, but the only way I can see dying to a range/2her is if you're a complete idiot that has never pked. Assuming they're using a rune 2h with a super strength pot and a strength ammy (no pray obviously), their max hit is 15. I clearly say in my guide to always make sure you're above 15-20 hp, and if you get koed by a 15, well you either just made a really stupid mistake, got really unlucky with recoil/poison damage, or just fail at pking.

Also, you say that with 40 attack you're more likely to hit your target. Well, I can tell you from experience that hitting someone with 1 defense (pretty much everyone that you will be fighting at lvl 30ish is going to have 1 defense...) is really no problem as an obby mauler. Quite honestly, on 1 defense, the 40 attack really doesn't make much of a difference. If you feel like you're not hitting people enough, a 5 attack obby mauler is a good option too. With 5 attack I never felt like I wasn't hitting people enough. In fact, I hardly ever hit 0's and I would frequently hit 3-4 20+ hits in a row.

Sure, you might be able to outdamage them, but if they are consistantly hitting 5-10 on you, which is very easy considering you have 1 defence and almost no armor, you will have a very hard time actually attacking.

You seem to be forgetting that the obby mauler has basically the same ranged level (2 levels isn't going to make a huge difference), and the person you're fighting also has 1 defense. Therefore, you will both be hitting each other the same amount, except when they try to KO you, they will hit a 15 max, whereas you will hit a 23-24 max. With 1 defense, it really doesn't matter if you have 40 attack or 1-5 attack. It really doesn't make that much of a difference.

What you really need to understand is that basically 99% of the people you will be fighting have 1 defense. Any players at 30ish combat that are pking that have defense are either defense pures, who have no intentions of killing you, and just want to annoy the hell out of you, or low level main accounts that probably have awful stats, and basically no pking experience, and are just pking for kicks. It is very easy to KO someone with an obby maul if they have 1 defense, and if they have defense, then like I've said before, just stay away from them. Obviously theres no way that an obby mauler is going to kill someone with defense, so theres no need to bother.

You should take a look at this video. This mauler (murkinyamom, taken from the graveyard section of TIF) has 1 attack, 99 strength, and 1 defense. You'll see that he gets A LOT of ko's

I've seen that vid, he is much higher level then 35. You can see how he always PKs balanced, not many pures. Notice how he never shows us the fights, just the KO? I'll leave you to ponder that.

Can you pull out a piece of factual evidence besides "you fail at PKing"? Thinking you will get someoen down to 20HP at 1-5 attack, then dismissing someone with 35 more attack levels is quite ignorant. 99% of lvl 30 PKers with 1 def is simply false. Are you saying almost ALL lvl 30s are pures? Thats just wrong.

Sure, PURES at level 35 might have 1 def, but balance do not. If you want to stay away from balance players, then you are going to loose against every other kind of pure. Can you even show me one example of a popular pure that you can beat? Sure, ok, you can win against a [developmentally delayed]ed PKer. Ok. Thats fine. But do you honestly expect that your opponant won't have a recoil? Thats besides the fact that a rune2h, at 60 str, has a Max hit of 21. Sure, maybe you can claim you always hit 20s+(BS btw), and rarely miss(We arn't [developmentally delayed]ed), but you can eat 2 sharks in the time you hit that 20. Good luck with that. If you actually use the maul to attack normally, then that just shows inexperiance. A MSB or Rune C Bow will easily outdamage your Topaz Machete or dagger.

So once again, can you find some actual evidence? Theoretical or lying really doesn't do much for you.

Owned_Nex.png

I've seen that vid, he is much higher level then 35. You can see how he always PKs balanced, not many pures. Notice how he never shows us the fights, just the KO? I'll leave you to ponder that.

Can you pull out a piece of factual evidence besides "you fail at PKing"? Thinking you will get someoen down to 20HP at 1-5 attack, then dismissing someone with 35 more attack levels is quite ignorant. 99% of lvl 30 PKers with 1 def is simply false. Are you saying almost ALL lvl 30s are pures? Thats just wrong.

Sure, PURES at level 35 might have 1 def, but balance do not. If you want to stay away from balance players, then you are going to loose against every other kind of pure. Can you even show me one example of a popular pure that you can beat? Sure, ok, you can win against a [developmentally delayed] PKer. Ok. Thats fine. But do you honestly expect that your opponant won't have a recoil? Thats besides the fact that a rune2h, at 60 str, has a Max hit of 21. Sure, maybe you can claim you always hit 20s+(BS btw), and rarely miss(We arn't [developmentally delayed]), but you can eat 2 sharks in the time you hit that 20. Good luck with that. If you actually use the maul to attack normally, then that just shows inexperiance. A MSB or Rune C Bow will easily outdamage your Topaz Machete or dagger.

So once again, can you find some actual evidence? Theoretical or lying really doesn't do much for you.

Alright, obviously I can't get "evidence" for this, because theres no way I'm gonna go make an obby mauler and make a regular pure and then somehow have them fight each other and record every hit etc. I'm just telling you this info from personal experience.

Like I've said 3 times now, If you feel that you can't get someones health down enough, then the ranged/obby maul is a good option. In the examples you gave, the obby maulers ranged level was 2 less than range/2h pure (also the maulers hp would be way more but I'm not gonna bother with that). That means that they're going to both be getting each others health down at the same rate. Then you hit a 20 with your maul while they hit a 15 with their 2h.

You want to see an example of a popular pure that I can beat? Alright.

Ranged/2h:

Stats- 40 attack, 42 strength, 50 ranged, 44 hitpoints (38 combat).

Obby Mauler:

Stats- 5 attack, 60 strength, 50 ranged, 52 hitpoints (37 combat)

Ok, obviously both are 1 defense. So it's safe to say that each will be hitting each other with around the same damage with ranged. Now the only difference is the KO. The mauler can hit a whopping 27 with their maul (this is according to the tip.it calculator, and I'd say its a bit off, from personal experience. I recall max hit at 60 strength being 24, but whatever).

Now the mauler only has to do about 20 damage to get to a chance of a ko (thats saying the max hit is 24). Meanwhile, the Ranged/2h pure has to do 36 damage to get to a chance of a ko (max hit is 16 with cb brace, r2h, str ammy, potted.). Now, I know what you're going to say, "just because they're below 24 hp doesn't mean that you're automatically going to ko them". Well, first of all, thats where poison and recoil helps a lot. Once again, obviously you can't time this and make it happen, but it DOES happen A LOT. Say they're at 30 hp. You hit 2 quick 5's with your knives. They're down to 20 hp. At the same time, a 6 from poison hits them. Now 14 hp. You whip out your maul, and its an easy ko.

Now, I know what you're going to say again, "your low attack isn't going to hit them, its gonna hit 0's all the time". Well, I can tell you from personal experience this isn't true, ESPECIALLY with 5 attack. With 1 attack, sure, you do miss a lot. I had a mauler at 1 attack for a while and I would definitely miss some ko's sometimes (but I'd just eventually kill them later on in the fight). Then I got 5 attack, and my pking improved quite a bit. Like I've said, I found that I would frequently get a couple 20+ hits in a row. You probably won't believe me considering I've already told you this 3 times and you still think im some [developmentally delayed]ed idiot, but if you have someone at 14 hp, its VERY EASY to ko them. Trust me, you'd be surprised how much you actually hit. Lets also take a look at the stats of an obby maul vs. a r2h. A r2h (slash weapon) has +69 slash attack. An obby maul (crushing weapon) has +80 crush attack. So, 11 more attack bonus. This obviously isn't going to be as much of a difference as 5 to 40 attack, but it does help. And quite honestly, hitting someone with 1 defense is easy as pie. I don't have any evidence, but just from experience and common sense, theres probably not going to be much difference in the amount of times you hit someone with 1 defense if you have 40 attack or 20 attack. Sure, there will be a difference with 5 attack and 40 attack, but 5 attack against 1 defense really isn't that bad. I know, I know, I don't have any evidence, blah blah blah. I don't care. I know this is true, I've used it loads of times, and 5 attack against 1 defense with an obby maul really isn't that bad. You hit A LOT more than you think you would.

You also make a comment about how you can eat a couple sharks in between fights. You clearly don't have much low level pking experience. First of all, at lvl 30, most people don't use sharks. ESPECIALLY if you say that most pkers there are balanced pkers (not true), which means they're probably poor low level mains. The most common food is probably monkifish (heal 16), or lobster (heal 12). True, theres a lot of time in between hits to eat, but when I was mauling, where I would hit someone down to 5 hp, they'd eat back up, then I'd hit them right back to 10 hp before they could attack me again. This could go on for 3-4 rounds sometimes. Then, a lot of times, after their recoil has done some damage to you, they say "screw it" and try to attack you and kill you, not bothering to eat 1 more food, and then you get a ko.

You also seem to think that most "pkers" at level 30 have defense. Once again, you clearly don't have much experience low level pking. When I was mauling, MAYBE in 1 in 20 fights there would be someone with defense. And, like I've said before, they would either be defense pures (no reason in ever fighting), or low level mains with maybe 10-20 defense and awful gear (chainbodys, square shields, etc.). Theres no reason to ever fight a defense pure, because you will never win. As for the low level mains, well, if your a ranged/2h mauler you can easily just own them with ranged, or if your a melee mauler you can just poke them with your dagger until they go away (If you have 5 attack, you WILL hit them. Just not that much, but it's better damage than they will do to you, I can almost guarantee it). Or, you can just do the smart thing and leave. Any low level main isn't going to be risking 26k anyways, so theres no reason to fight them.

You seem to think that most people pking at lvl 30 defense are "balanced players". This isn't true... like, at all. I would say with confidence that around 80-90% of pkers at lvl 30 are pures. The other portion is just low level mains with awful food, awful equipment, and that are just out there for kicks, because they want to see what the wilderness is like.

And so what if in that video he just shows you the KO's. He obviously got their HP down SOMEHOW, didn't he? He just didn't want to have a 20 minute long video with slow fights until the KO. And plus, theres plenty of parts in that video where you see him using darts to get their hp down. Ya, that isn't exactly the best video since he is 99 strength, but he still has 1 attack, and he still hits huge hits on people A LOT. Not to mention he has a ton of HP.

There. Take a look at that video, about 1 minute in, you see what I mean about the recoil damage and maul hits hitting at the same time. This video really shows how with 5 attack you can hit A LOT, and how the poison and recoil damage really help. He has 5 attack, 60 strength, 1 defense, and 42 ranged. Basically almost the exact same stats as an obby mauler that I just explained. You will also notice that he's fighting almost all pures. Because, well he's not an idiot and doesn't fight people with defense, and most of the people pking at lvl 30 are pures.

If you really hate obby maulers so much then you can leave, because this obviously isn't the right place for you. Sure, I don't have all this evidence that obby maulers can kill every single type of pker. Who cares? This is a guide on obby maulers, you don't have to make one if you don't want to. I'm just giving info based on my experience with obby maulers (which I'd say that I have a lot of).

And, can you pull out a peice of factual evidence besides "obby maulers suck"? That's what I thought. (don't mean to be pissy, but you tell me to give evidence when you don't give any)

My answers will be in bold.

Sure, PURES at level 35 might have 1 def, but balance do not. If you want to stay away from balance players, then you are going to loose against every other kind of pure. Can you even show me one example of a popular pure that you can beat? Sure, ok, you can win against a [developmentally delayed] PKer. Ok. Thats fine. But do you honestly expect that your opponant won't have a recoil? Thats besides the fact that a rune2h, at 60 str, has a Max hit of 21. Sure, maybe you can claim you always hit 20s+(BS btw), and rarely miss(We arn't [developmentally delayed]), but you can eat 2 sharks in the time you hit that 20. Good luck with that. If you actually use the maul to attack normally, then that just shows inexperiance. A MSB or Rune C Bow will easily outdamage your Topaz Machete or dagger.

Alright, obviously I can't get "evidence" for this, because theres no way I'm gonna go make an obby mauler and make a regular pure and then somehow have them fight each other and record every hit etc. I'm just telling you this info from personal experience.

Dodged the question.

Like I've said 3 times now, If you feel that you can't get someones health down enough, then the ranged/obby maul is a good option. In the examples you gave, the obby maulers ranged level was 2 less than range/2h pure (also the maulers hp would be way more but I'm not gonna bother with that). That means that they're going to both be getting each others health down at the same rate. Then you hit a 20 with your maul while they hit a 15 with their 2h.

I would definatly go with the 40 attack on 1 def hitting 15 then 5 attack on 1 def hitting 20.

You want to see an example of a popular pure that I can beat? Alright.

Ranged/2h:

Stats- 40 attack, 42 strength, 50 ranged, 44 hitpoints (38 combat).

Obby Mauler:

Stats- 5 attack, 60 strength, 50 ranged, 52 hitpoints (37 combat)

I want to note that wit Tip.It calc, the R/2h is only lvl 37. It can gain 6 levels of range before lvl 38. Also according to the calc those stats provided is level 38 for the mauler.

Ok, obviously both are 1 defense. So it's safe to say that each will be hitting each other with around the same damage with ranged. Now the only difference is the KO. The mauler can hit a whopping 27 with their maul (this is according to the tip.it calculator, and I'd say its a bit off, from personal experience. I recall max hit at 60 strength being 24, but whatever).

Now the mauler only has to do about 20 damage to get to a chance of a ko (thats saying the max hit is 24). Meanwhile, the Ranged/2h pure has to do 36 damage to get to a chance of a ko (max hit is 16 with cb brace, r2h, str ammy, potted.). Now, I know what you're going to say, "just because they're below 24 hp doesn't mean that you're automatically going to ko them". Well, first of all, thats where poison and recoil helps a lot. Once again, obviously you can't time this and make it happen, but it DOES happen A LOT. Say they're at 30 hp. You hit 2 quick 5's with your knives. They're down to 20 hp. At the same time, a 6 from poison hits them. Now 14 hp. You whip out your maul, and its an easy ko.

Sure, theoretically that can happen. But what are the chances that on the exact 30 second since you applied poison, you hit 2 quick 5s. Then they attack you, instead of eating. And about poison. You can't know if you poison them until you see the posion damage. Thats 30 seconds until you see that. If you do wait, then you are probably going to be almost out of food, as you claim how accurate and high damage range can do. If you just go for the kill, then you don't know if they are posioned. Counting on it is folly.

Now, I know what you're going to say again, "your low attack isn't going to hit them, its gonna hit 0's all the time". Well, I can tell you from personal experience this isn't true, ESPECIALLY with 5 attack. With 1 attack, sure, you do miss a lot. I had a mauler at 1 attack for a while and I would definitely miss some ko's sometimes (but I'd just eventually kill them later on in the fight). Then I got 5 attack, and my pking improved quite a bit. Like I've said, I found that I would frequently get a couple 20+ hits in a row. You probably won't believe me considering I've already told you this 3 times and you still think im some [developmentally delayed] idiot, but if you have someone at 14 hp, its VERY EASY to ko them. Trust me, you'd be surprised how much you actually hit. Lets also take a look at the stats of an obby maul vs. a r2h. A r2h (slash weapon) has +69 slash attack. An obby maul (crushing weapon) has +80 crush attack. So, 11 more attack bonus. This obviously isn't going to be as much of a difference as 5 to 40 attack, but it does help. And quite honestly, hitting someone with 1 defense is easy as pie. I don't have any evidence, but just from experience and common sense, theres probably not going to be much difference in the amount of times you hit someone with 1 defense if you have 40 attack or 20 attack. Sure, there will be a difference with 5 attack and 40 attack, but 5 attack against 1 defense really isn't that bad. I know, I know, I don't have any evidence, blah blah blah. I don't care. I know this is true, I've used it loads of times, and 5 attack against 1 defense with an obby maul really isn't that bad. You hit A LOT more than you think you would.

Do you know what attack and defense levels do? Attack increases your chance to hit. Defense decreases the chance to hit. A low defense does not, in any way, make it easier for you to hit. It simply does not make it harder. In any case 40 Attack>5 Attack. I've made a defense pure with 5 attack. I know how accurate it is.

You also make a comment about how you can eat a couple sharks in between fights. You clearly don't have much low level pking experience. First of all, at lvl 30, most people don't use sharks. ESPECIALLY if you say that most pkers there are balanced pkers (not true), which means they're probably poor low level mains. The most common food is probably monkifish (heal 16), or lobster (heal 12). True, theres a lot of time in between hits to eat, but when I was mauling, where I would hit someone down to 5 hp, they'd eat back up, then I'd hit them right back to 10 hp before they could attack me again. This could go on for 3-4 rounds sometimes. Then, a lot of times, after their recoil has done some damage to you, they say "screw it" and try to attack you and kill you, not bothering to eat 1 more food, and then you get a ko.

Ok. Maybe they don't all use sharks. Monkfish is fine. Second, YOU claimed 99% of players that level have 1 defnse. I have NEVER said(Quote me if you think thats not true) that most people that level are balanced.

So lets say they use monks. At 5 hp, they can eat 2 times before your next maul. You would have to constantly hit in the high 20s. Even 1 miss is a failed kill. With sharks it won't even be close. You also can't count of people saying "screw it". No good PKer will actually do that.

You also seem to think that most "pkers" at level 30 have defense. Once again, you clearly don't have much experience low level pking. When I was mauling, MAYBE in 1 in 20 fights there would be someone with defense. And, like I've said before, they would either be defense pures (no reason in ever fighting), or low level mains with maybe 10-20 defense and awful gear (chainbodys, square shields, etc.). Theres no reason to ever fight a defense pure, because you will never win. As for the low level mains, well, if your a ranged/2h mauler you can easily just own them with ranged, or if your a melee mauler you can just poke them with your dagger until they go away (If you have 5 attack, you WILL hit them. Just not that much, but it's better damage than they will do to you, I can almost guarantee it). Or, you can just do the smart thing and leave. Any low level main isn't going to be risking 26k anyways, so theres no reason to fight them.

Most PKers at lvl 30 have defense. Your claim of 5% of lvl 30s being "balanced" is complete and utter BS. I WILL go to any PK world hotspot with you. and we can see how many are balanced and how many are pures.

You seem to think that most people pking at lvl 30 defense are "balanced players". This isn't true... like, at all. I would say with confidence that around 80-90% of pkers at lvl 30 are pures. The other portion is just low level mains with awful food, awful equipment, and that are just out there for kicks, because they want to see what the wilderness is like.

^comment.

And so what if in that video he just shows you the KO's. He obviously got their HP down SOMEHOW, didn't he? He just didn't want to have a 20 minute long video with slow fights until the KO. And plus, theres plenty of parts in that video where you see him using darts to get their hp down. Ya, that isn't exactly the best video since he is 99 strength, but he still has 1 attack, and he still hits huge hits on people A LOT. Not to mention he has a ton of HP.

There. Take a look at that video, about 1 minute in, you see what I mean about the recoil damage and maul hits hitting at the same time. This video really shows how with 5 attack you can hit A LOT, and how the poison and recoil damage really help. He has 5 attack, 60 strength, 1 defense, and 42 ranged. Basically almost the exact same stats as an obby mauler that I just explained. You will also notice that he's fighting almost all pures. Because, well he's not an idiot and doesn't fight people with defense, and most of the people pking at lvl 30 are pures.

Yeah, and I can make a vid where I only take the parts where I hit 0s.

If you really hate obby maulers so much then you can leave, because this obviously isn't the right place for you. Sure, I don't have all this evidence that obby maulers can kill every single type of pker. Who cares? This is a guide on obby maulers, you don't have to make one if you don't want to. I'm just giving info based on my experience with obby maulers (which I'd say that I have a lot of).

And this comes back to my point of there are very little Obby Maul PKers because they can't kill many types of pures. And where did I say I hate obby maulers(Quote me)? Back in the staking days seeing the nice wins of Obby Maulers was very amusing.

And, can you pull out a peice of factual evidence besides "obby maulers suck"? That's what I thought. (don't mean to be pissy, but you tell me to give evidence when you don't give any)

I'm sorry, but have you actually read my posts? I have posted stats, factual details about weapons, real scenarios, etc. Until this post your response was all theorteical or outright lying.

Owned_Nex.png

Dodged the question.

Umm, I didn't dodge the question at all. I said that I'm not going to get evidence because the only way I could would be to go make a pure and test it out myself (which there is no way in hell I'm doing). And you keep giving me [cabbage] for not providing evidence, but you haven't provided a single peice of evidence yourself.

I would definatly go with the 40 attack on 1 def hitting 15 then 5 attack on 1 def hitting 20.

Ok. Your opinion, go for it, and good luck getting a pker down to 15 hp so you can have a chance to ko them.

I want to note that wit Tip.It calc, the R/2h is only lvl 37. It can gain 6 levels of range before lvl 38. Also according to the calc those stats provided is level 38 for the mauler.

Alright whatever, I just read it wrong. And for the ranged, I was just using the stats that you gave me in the previous post. my bad.

Sure, theoretically that can happen. But what are the chances that on the exact 30 second since you applied poison, you hit 2 quick 5s. Then they attack you, instead of eating. And about poison. You can't know if you poison them until you see the posion damage. Thats 30 seconds until you see that. If you do wait, then you are probably going to be almost out of food, as you claim how accurate and high damage range can do. If you just go for the kill, then you don't know if they are posioned. Counting on it is folly.

Alright, you clearly just don't get it. OBVIOUSLY I'm not counting on the poison. OBVIOUSLY I'm not sitting there counting down the seconds until the poison hits. I'm just saying, for example, they're at 28 hp (perfectly safe from a maul hit so they just keep going), and then a poison hits for 6. Now, most people just aren't going to react quick enough, and most are just going to try to get 1 more hit in and then eat. Or, if they're those "safing is for idiots" people, then they just won't eat because they think they're cool. Anyways, instantly its down to 22 hp, and you have a good chance of a ko. (Of course you're assuming that you're going to hit 0's every time, so in your case I suppose not.) And what is this "claiming how accurate and high damage range you can do"? If you have 45+ ranged, you'll probably be doing pretty decent damage with ranged. Sure, you're not hitting constant 10's, but constant 3-5 hits is certainly not uncommon.

Do you know what attack and defense levels do? Attack increases your chance to hit. Defense decreases the chance to hit. A low defense does not, in any way, make it easier for you to hit. It simply does not make it harder. In any case 40 Attack>5 Attack. I've made a defense pure with 5 attack. I know how accurate it is.

Answer:

Not to mention you just said that "defense decreases the chance to hit". Then you say that having "a low defense, does not, in any way, make it easier for you to hit. It simply does not make it harder". Kind of contradicting yourself there, eh? Also seems like your just pulling this out of your head, I've never heard anyone say this.

Ok. Maybe they don't all use sharks. Monkfish is fine. Second, YOU claimed 99% of players that level have 1 defnse. I have NEVER said(Quote me if you think thats not true) that most people that level are balanced. So lets say they use monks. At 5 hp, they can eat 2 times before your next maul. You would have to constantly hit in the high 20s. Even 1 miss is a failed kill. With sharks it won't even be close. You also can't count of people saying "screw it". No good PKer will actually do that.

Ya, you never said that, but you certainly implied that a lot of people at lvl 30 are balanced, which isn't very true at all. And ya, if you don't get the ko then its not like you'll just kill them the next hit. The thing is though, they eat back up to 25 hp, thinking they can just get a couple more hits on you and then quickly eat again, and then either a dagger/ranged hit or maybe even some recoil damage hits them and they're back into the "ko zone" where you can kill them. 1 miss is not a "failed kill". You think that AGS'ers just fight then do a spec and then leave because their spec failed or something? obviously not, they will have plenty of other chances.

Most PKers at lvl 30 have defense. Your claim of 5% of lvl 30s being "balanced" is complete and utter BS. I WILL go to any PK world hotspot with you. and we can see how many are balanced and how many are pures.

I would love to. I seriously hardly ever find many players with defense when I'm pking at around lvl 30. I also said that 10-20% of pkers are balanced later on, I was just using 1/20 as an example.

Yeah, and I can make a vid where I only take the parts where I hit 0s.

Ok... That's not the point. The point is he's getting kills left and right! You say that obby maulers can't get any kills, but that sure looks like a hell of a lot of kills, and also a hell of a lot of pures being killed.

And this comes back to my point of there are very little Obby Maul PKers because they can't kill many types of pures. And where did I say I hate obby maulers(Quote me)? Back in the staking days seeing the nice wins of Obby Maulers was very amusing.

Well when you come onto my thread and start flaming me saying that obby maulers are basically useless, one would kind of assume that you hate maulers.

I'm sorry, but have you actually read my posts? I have posted stats, factual details about weapons, real scenarios, etc. Until this post your response was all theorteical or outright lying.

You gave 2 stats (both basically wrong, hitpoints way off, and a balanced pker which no obby mauler in their right mind would ever fight), and besides that I see nothing about weapons at all, and no scenarios. I posted a hell of a lot more about weapons (crush attack/slash attack and max hits), accurate stats (srry for the little confusion on those recent stats, I must have just read the calculator wrong), and many scenarios about poison etc. And your posts have also been all theoretical and outright lying, so stop trying to pull that card on me.

Look, I'm done with this. If you really want to continue this pm me, and I'd rather you don't fill up my thread with flames. The best advice I can give you is to just go make an obby mauler yourself (probably not going to happen based on what you've said), and try it out. You will find that a lot of the things you have been saying about obby maulers are very untrue. And this is a guide. No ones telling you that you have to make a mauler, this is just out there for people to try. If you really feel so against them, then you might as well just leave. They are a certain type of pure, and obviously there are some pro's and some con's.

So thats it? Nothing else?

Above post was just pathetic. I'm not even going to comment.

Better luck next time.

Peace.

Owned_Nex.png

I have personal experience and Obby maulers are better than all other pures around level 32-40. Obby maul is more accurate than you think on 1 def pures. It has very high crush bonus, and i found myself hitting 20+ constantly with 1 attack. Only pure that I did not kill easy was defence pures.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

Instead of fighting players at your level with 35 hp, when you can hit 27s, youll be fighting people with 45-50 hp, when you can still only hit 27s

Wrong.

13 prayer would probably increase damage by 2-3, maybe 4. and 31 prayer would probably increase it by 3-4, maybe 5.

O.O

Instead of fighting players at your level with 35 hp, when you can hit 27s, youll be fighting people with 45-50 hp, when you can still only hit 27s

Wrong.

13 prayer would probably increase damage by 2-3, maybe 4. and 31 prayer would probably increase it by 3-4, maybe 5.

According to Tipit's max hit calc...

At 60 strength, max hit = 27.

With Superhuman strength, max hit = 29.

With Ultimate Strength, max hit = 30.

At 1 attack 60 strength and 1 defense, you're 32 combat.

With 13 prayer = 33 combat

With 31 prayer = 35 combat.

So basically you're getting 2 more damage for a combat level, and then another 1 damage for 2 combat levels. It's not really worth it, in my opinion, because keeping your combat low as an obby mauler is very nice, and 1-2 more damage isn't really going to affect you that much.

Sorry that I said "you can still only hit 27's", don't know why I put that there, I guess I just wasn't thinking.