f2p PvP Worlds - How Drop Potential works?

magic82

This topic is to try to understand how PvP worlds drop works.

It looks like when you train, you raise your drop potential.

When you get a kill, you get something ramdom but linked with the level of your drop potential I think.

But how it is linked? Is it linked also with what the victim is wearing when dying?

To try to find out, I am recording below all my training / kills:

Note1: the names of the avatars killed are blurred on purpose

Note2: Most of the kills were full rune or full addy with rune weapon.

Note3: They have all been killed around lumbridge with magic (level 82)

18-dec, hot spot 30min, Range 1 to 20

18-dec-08,w21, As???68,rune battleaxe, druidic top, amulet of power

18-dec-08,w21, Da???ro,adamant chainmail, adamant mace, amulet of magic

18-dec, hot spot 1h, Range 20 to 27

18-dec-08,w80, DB???am, rune mace, adamant platebody, adamant fullhelm, 328 steel arrows, amulet of strenght

18-dec-08,w21, Le???ke, rune scimitar, adamant platebody

18-dec-08,w31, Fi???un, rubbish

18-dec, hot spot 30min, Range 27 to 30

19-dec, w21, Da???ge, rune full helm, green d'hide chaps, mithril battleaxe, mithril longsword, amulet of defense

19-dec, hot spot 1h, Range 30 to 34

19-dec, w21, Na???66, Rune scimitar, rune full helm, green d'hide coif 0, adamant dagger, 39 adamant arrows, amulet of power

19-dec, hot spot 30min, range 34 to 36

19-dec, w123, Dj???ie, Rune 2hander, rune chainbody, amulet of strength

28-dec, w21, Co???en, Druidic mage top 0, amulet of power, 30 nature runes

28-dec, hot spot 45min, range 36 to 39

29-dec, w123, Am???r5, Rune berseker shield 0, rune warhammer, amulet of strength, 200 fire runes

29-dec, w123, Ar???100, Rune scimitar, rune pickaxe, adamant kiteshield, amulet of power

29-dec, w123, Ju???ue, adamant pickaxe, mithril pickaxe, amulet of power

29-dec, hot spot 1h15min, range 39 to 42

29-dec, w80, Nh???37, rune battleaxe, rune full helm, rune legs, rune [bleep]eshield 0

29-dec, w80, Ci???24, adamant chainmail, amulet of power

29-dec, hot spot 30min, range 42 to 43

29-dec, w80, Mo???15, Rune 2hander sword, adamant full helm, worn-out adamant gauntlet

30-dec, w80, Tu???ta (< 25k ?), amulet of power

31-dec, w80, Af???ar, (< 25k ?), apple pies

1-jan, w80, De???05, combat robe top 0, adamant 2h sword, Adamant sq shield, Adamant full helm

2-jan, hot spot 1h15min, range 43 to 45

2-jan, w123, Bo???63 ( < 25k ), rubbish

2-jan, w32, xxxse???maxx, rune warhammer, rune full helm, worn-out adamant gauntlets, 34 adamant arrows

2-jan, w80, 666is???is666, rubbish

3-jan, hot spot 30min, range 45 to 46

3-jan, w32, Sm???11, rune warhammer,druidic mage hood 0, amulet of strength

3-jan, w123, Za???in, rune sword, Adamant legs, amulet of strength

3-jan, w32, Su???862, rubbish

3-jan, hot spot 30min, range 46 to 47

3-jan, w80, he???lu7 (wearing full rune but no kill message) bones

3-jan, w80, ju???ba102, Rune berseker shield 0, rune longsword, amulet of strenght

3-jan, w80, si???a37, worn-out steel gauntlets

3-jan, w80, ki???er08, worn-out mithril gauntlets, adamant dagger, amulet of defense

3-jan, hot spot 30min, range 47 to 48

4-jan, w21, Pu???na, rune full helm, amulet of strength

4-jan, w80, De???ra99, adamant kite shield, amulet of strength

4-jan, w80, Pl???um338, mithril chainmail, trouts

4-jan, hot spot 45min, range 48 to 49

4-jan, w80, lu???um5, Rune 2hander, Rune kite shield, Rune sword, amulet of strength

5-jan, hot spot, 45min, range 49 to 50

5-jan, w80, vi???an2, Rune battleaxe, rune axe, adamant full helm, amulet of strenght

5-jan, hot spot, 45min, range 50 to 51

5-jan, w80, Jo???2915, Rune [bleep]eshield 0, rune pickaxe, mithril axe, amulet of power

5-jan, hot spot, 45min, range 51 to 52

5-jan, w80, To???m258, Rune chainmail, amulet of strength

6-jan, hot spot, 1h, range 52 to 53

6-jan, w80, Wh???io4, Rune warhammer, Rune full helm, adamant worn-out gauntlets

6-jan, w80, St???er (wearing full rune), adamant shield, some half pizza

8-jan, hot spot, 3h, range 53 to 56

8-jan, w123, Ed???xx, (lvl 58 wearing full rune skulled), Rune kiteshield, rune scimmy, mithril squareshield, 38 chaos, amulet of strength

8-jan, w32, Dj???p1 (protected weapon, so < 25k), vial, bones,

TO BE CONTINUED

Actually, I have one question:

Does anyone know if the drops are somewhat linked to what the guy you killed was wearing or not at all? Meaning it is enough that the guy had 25k+ worth of items dropped, and you can get anything from a random drop list.

The mechanism doesn't seem to make any sense. Yesterday i killed a guy who was 9 lvl's lower than me, he had no food left. I hit 1 15 on him and he was dead. Drop contained a corrupt dragon dagger, i got a screenie of it.

He was lvl 45 i'm 54...

Not proud of the kill but still nice to get a corrupt dagger.

Ferveo, congrats on the drop !

Could you please confirm this was on a f2p world? I guess it was but just to be sure.

And what was that guy wearing?

Also, how long have you been training without killing anyone before that kill?

I think I will try to make a new test where I would be training for at least 3 hours in hotspot, and then kill full rune.

I will let you know in a couple of days.

The lvl 45 wore full addy + kite and rune scim. He was fighting an other addy dude somewhere in the 40-ish and they both fell without food in varrock square. then they went to runn to diffrent banks. I chased that 1 guy, hit 15 on him and dead.

This was f2p yes

I think i had like 30 till 45 mins of drop potential at that time.

Ferveo, thanks for the details.

Well, as you see above, I am almost at 40 kills and no corrupt stuff only basic rune weapon or armor, or some druidic or combat robes...

Again, I think I am going to try with like 3 or 4 hours training in the next couple of days.

So, I made the test today as you can see added to the log.

Basically 3 hours training in a hot spot zone, and I got a little better drop in my next kill, but not really anything outstanding....

Anyone has any idea if there is some other factors I am missing?

Lydiian,

I have read the official website article:

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/viewarti ... id=815#faq

But although the general rules are discribed, it is less than precise to me.

For example, in my experimentation, I have never been able to get more than 2 rune items, even by killing people with full rune on.

What is your best drop in f2p?

And what is everyone best drop in f2p? and in which conditions you got it?

I find that training for 1-2hours is the best. at 1-2 hours training in hotspot i usually get 2+ rune items after a successful kill. One time i trained for 10h in hotspot, went pking and got like 4 rune items, so its not worth it. Most of the drops are luck dependant, and well random. However, what the other person is wearing dose effect your drop. However, it is not all based on what they have, it's a mix of what they have and random stuff. In cases where you have too much drop potential, and deserve items that are worth more than what your opponent wore, then you should get some randomly generated drops(most commonly for me is-rune [bleep]e shield, rune warhammer, and rune gauntlets). On the other hand, if you don't have enough drop potential your probably get some rubbish, or something less than what your opponent was wearing(considering they were at least risking 25k). I also believe that the drops are not at all level dependant. I have 3 pking files, my main which is level 120+, my rune pure which is level 85, and my range/2h which is level 45. Although it is true that my level 120+ gets more kills, he has never gotten a corrupt drop, unlike my other 2 chars. Also i find that the best way to build up drop potential. Also i find that the best way to stack up ur drop potential is to do everything in pk world. You can basically train every skill in a pk world as long its lowly populated (<300). Is their is more than 300 people in that world, you might meet some resistance, skill dependant. Also the drop potential is only counted in minutes, so if u go back to bank every 30 seconds, your drop potential is never going to increase. If your training mage/range with at least 40 def, their is a good spot in the wilderness just below the black knights fortress, at the coal mine which is populated with level 22 skeles, which have 29 hp. This is a hotspot so your drop potential goes up very fast. It is also rarely visited by pkers, however you should still carry tele runes, or if you have done the achievement diary, then you should bring your ring, to saved 3 spots for food. However, since while you are training, you won't be skulled, you'll still have to risk 25k. I usually just bring 10k bronze arrows with me, and when they go down below 3k, i go back and restock, or when i run out of food.(i don't pick up my arrows so they go by pretty fast). Doing this with 75+ ranged will give you about 30k+ exp/hour and it will also stack up your drop potential :mrgreen:

Good luck with your pking!!!

i got corrupt items on people who weren't wearing much, barely over 25k im guessing. However, i had really high drop potential so it dropped me something really randomly good. However, if i was fighting a full runer i probably woulda just gotten his rune items, which is why my main never gets corrupt im guessing. Also i usually only get good items at the g.e. for some reason. If i go edge(not hot spot) i usually get some random rune items and same with lumby, so i advise you to pvp at g.e. However at the g.e. u must have carry tele runes and have at least 43 prayer, because their are ALOT! of pjers.....

Neway gl on ur pking

All right....

Given that I have not been able to get a corrupt thingy on my lvl 70 pker, I have decided to create a new one.

Pure Str, level 37 right now.

I am training woodcutting in Varrock with 25k in my invent for a while, several hours for sure.

And then this guy comes and try to kill me with mage!

And suddenly, just after the beginning of the fight, the guy drops !

And look at what I got :

corrup10.png

Wooooot !!

:thumbsup:

This is how the drop potential works.

Hotzone will raise your potential up every 30 minutes. There are 3 types of potential: High, Mid, and Low.

High potential allows you to get ANY drop from the high potential table, from rune legs to corrupt dragon battleaxe. Same with middle, and low.

This potential lowers when you get a drop by a fixed hidden amount, no matter what the drop is. Rune platelegs and corrupt dragon battleaxe will lower it the same.

Now, how long the potential lasts in f2p, idk. 30 minutes lasts for 3 kills in p2p pvp, I know that, and 1 hour I think about 5 kills in p2p. After that it's usually pointless -- the game will detect you're getting too many kills too fast and lower your loot faster.

Now, the only reason that killing another person for a high drop could help you is because some of your potential is put toward possibly getting an item they have in their inventory. You can only get 1 of that item, though (like, you can only get 1 rune platelegs if you kill someone for 28 rune platelegs), though if that item is in the drop table you COULD get 2 (random generated drop + dropped by them).

Also, when you die, it improves your drop potential a little bit based on what you died for. But not by much.

It appears that a higher combat greatly improves your drops as well... my friend who's got a 100 and a 126+9 got 2 dfs on the 126+9 in a week, plus he made a lot more money on other drops. Whereas he didn't get nearly as much on his 100.

That's pretty much how it works, in simple terms. It's pretty confusing, and I only have experience from p2p. But trust me -- I've gotten 124 brawling gloves. I have done TONS of kills and I have TONS of experience with potential.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

I have a level 90 - I'm not sure how long I stayed in a hotspot, but I gotta figure it was about 1 hour. I was maging someone who (foolishly) had on zammy shield, helm. Not sure about legs or plate, I don't think so. Anyhow, I wore him down to the point of no food, and then finished him in a hotspot. The drop I got was zammy legs - I was not risking much more than 50k.

I think it has to do more with what they're wearing than Jagex'll admit.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• 2 weeks later...

Based on my experience and what is explained by Jagex, this is my understanding of how pvp world drops work.

Firstly, every minute you spend outside of a safezone, you are given drop points, after a certain amount of points, you can get drops from a higher drop table. The amount of points a minute is more in the wilderness. Sometimes you can also recieve an item out of the inventory of the person you kill.

In order for your drop potential to increase you must be risking 75k of value (25k on f2p). You must also be risking 75k/25k when you make your kill, your victim must also be losing 25k in value when they die.

You are also compensated for dieing on a pvp world by having your drop points increased.

The drop you recieve is based on the amount of drop points accumulated, impressiveness of kill, the combat level of your opponent, and whether the kill took place in a hotzone. Impressiveness of the kill can be increased by using specs (p2p), smiting them out, and combos.

Once you get a kill a drop is chosen out of any drop table you have the points to access. You can get more then one good drop before having to accumulate more points if you have more points then the drop value (value in drop points). If you don't like the drop and do not pick it up, no points are deducted from your total.

The drops not being based on the value of your opponents inventory is what allows that 75k/25k trick to work. By doing the 75k/25k trick I've recieved a vestas longsword, ammy of fury, beserker and warrior rings (not at the same time), several obsidian items, some dragon items, and some rune items.

Sorry that I don't know what drops you will recieve on f2p, and I know my post is pretty messy =P.