KILL COUNT INCREASES YOUR CHANCE OF GETTING A BARROWS ITEM

Leesters

I've done 400 or so runs with a kill count of 10-19. This information is what I used to do the guide. I averaged an item in every 18.1 chests.

Since then I've done another 352 runs, and this time my kill count was 20-29. I've averaged an item in every 12.2 chests.

Thats a significant difference, even though the margin of error for such a small sample size is high. I did the statistical formula, and its still within the bell curve, meaning its a "significant" difference. This term means that its not "lucky". And since the more runs I do, the more the average remains at once every 12, its proving itself more significant.

So, I'm now posting that kill count DOES make a difference.....

and I'm posting this as a statistical fact.

Continuing on in my quest for a red party hat, I will now do my barrow runs at over 30+ kill count. When I have enough data to prove a significant difference, I'll let you know. If its not a dramatic difference, the sample size will have to be larger to prove significance.

So... Kill Count Matters. Woot.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... so that means that kill count does help, but not all that much (read of the guy that got the 10k kill count twice!). And you can't say that it has no effect because it does for absolute sure give you the opportunity to get you the chance to get bolt racks.

But yeah, I've always started doing the 20-30 kc thing around when I hit my double luck streak, so I also agree with these facts. :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Didn't Jagex say themselves it didn't matter.

No.

Their response to Barrows querries goes something like this.... I'm going off of memory here, and its a form letter they send to all the Kill count questions they get.

( Your kill count does improve your chances of getting something better from the chest, but much is unknown about these strange new lands, and we cannot confirm or deny if Kill count improves your chances of getting an actual Barrows Equipment item..) paraphrasing. Lots of copies of this form letter has been posted on here.

Meaning... yeah, it helps you get better runes, but we're still keeping it a secret if it helps a Barrows item. Well, their secret is out now.

(I've been working on this for just a tad bit now. :P )

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

Kill count is useless after 30(im telling you)

Yeah, I'm thinking the bigger the number, the smaller the difference. 10 vs 20 may be a pretty good difference, but 20 to 30 prolly won't amount to much.

Personally, I hope the results are the same as a 20 kc so I don't have to be tempted to stand in a room full of those high-attack skeletons. They hit WAY too hard for their level. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Guest skater789

if leesters says something its probably true, leesters is one of the best players out there, and probably the best on tip.it.

i get 20 kc and took me 91 trips to get verac helm and now 34 trips since an item :\

You have to kill all six brothers. If you do this, and what you speak is FACT, then you're going through a dry spell.

If you go enough (125 trips is not enough to draw conclusions) the numbers will work out in your favor.

Its not luck, folks. Its just statistics. The more ya go... yada yada yada.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

if leesters says something its probably true, leesters is one of the best players out there, and probably the best on tip.it.

Yes, if I say something, its true.

No, I'm a horrible player, actually. Level 118, and I've tried 14 times and I still can't get a fire cape. I look like a noob when I PK or play castlewars, and I can't seem to duel worth a bean.

My clicking skills are far below average. lol. But I'm a SMART player, and that makes up for it.

But... I NEVER MAKE ANYTHING UP. You can rely on my posts being fact, or me stating in the post that its just an opinion. :)

And.. thank you for the compliment. :D Can I adopt you? lol.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Beware Type 2 error! Don't accept [garden tool] when false!!!

My clicking skills are far below average. .

Study's have show that there is a significant correlation to conclude that when one learns cabbage picking patterns (and practising them), their mean clicking lvl goes up.

but your guide convinced me it didn't :P

:oops: Yeah, sorry about the guide. I just wanted to stress to people on that guide to not waste your time killing 1000 blood worms. Hehe.

I need to update that thing anyway, as the safespots are now working totally differently, and address the kill count thing. The guide I did on the main site addresses it better, though....

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

mind actuallying posting your greek u, x bar, p, and p-hat values? And z scores? I'd like to see for myself the data but I am too lazy to calculate.

Anyway I have 536 4 dose prayer pots and I'd be willing to test this as soon as i get to lvl 70 str, mage, and range.

btw last time i went which was like a week or two ago the safespot for guthan and torag were still the same, have they changed? if so how are they working differently

Didn't Jagex say themselves it didn't matter.

No.

Their response to Barrows querries goes something like this.... I'm going off of memory here, and its a form letter they send to all the Kill count questions they get.

( Your kill count does improve your chances of getting something better from the chest, but much is unknown about these strange new lands, and we cannot confirm or deny if Kill count improves your chances of getting an actual Barrows Equipment item..) paraphrasing. Lots of copies of this form letter has been posted on here.

Meaning... yeah, it helps you get better runes, but we're still keeping it a secret if it helps a Barrows item. Well, their secret is out now.

(I've been working on this for just a tad bit now. :P )

No I've seen a picture of a letter were Jagex actually stated Kill Count doesn't effect Barrows Items.

cyco_1.jpg

I used to generally get my kill count around 70 then open a chest and recieve a wack amount of runes and bolt racks (500+) but no barrow armour, weapons so i stopped wasting my time on high kill counts and started around 20-30 and odd as it is got a few items.

Could it be true that maybe theres a peak number of kill counts until it will decrease chances. I think your doing a great job on the statistics and you should keep it up, maybe you'll find something nobody has.

foreverforher.gif

I still dont know leesters I have always had good luck with just 6 kc

Saturday-Torag legs and Ahrim Top

Sunday-Ahrim Hood, Top and Bottom (all in a row and very surprising 8) ), Plus a Guthan Helm later that night right before I went to bed.

While I cant argue against facts, its all basicaly luck on what you will get. I have yet to get anything in the three days since that streak, but isnt it all odds based on who you get to drop in the chest, and whether or not anything will drop at all?

mind actuallying posting your greek u, x bar, p, and p-hat values? And z scores? I'd like to see for myself the data but I am too lazy to calculate.

Anyway I have 536 4 dose prayer pots and I'd be willing to test this as soon as i get to lvl 70 str, mage, and range.

btw last time i went which was like a week or two ago the safespot for guthan and torag were still the same, have they changed? if so how are they working differently

Yeah, If you don't mind posting your actual calculations, I'd really appreciate. I'm a junior in high school taking AP Statistics this year (I got a 98% last semester :P ) and I want to see if I actually understand how you figured it out.

If it helps I'll keep some data from the barrow runs I'm going to be doing in the next month or so. Planing on 85+ mage from there so I'll be able to get in couple hundred runs. Also, I may have to invest in full drag if I'm to do that many kc for a couple hundred runs.

As it stands now I usually do between 17-20 kc and in 114 runs I've got 8 items but in that 114 (1 item every 14.25 runs) I had a dryspell of 51 so I'm not taking that sample too seriously. So all in all the next 200 or so I'll keep track of my kc if ya want more input.