Oak Larders

mullen32

Everyone always talks about making oak larders as being the best way to powerlevel construction. I have a faint idea, but could someone please fully explain this method, step by step?

Thanks in advance.

Bellator_II.png

Goal: All stats 70+

It's fairly easy to understand...

• ~You get a large amount of Oak planks into your bank.

~Put your house into building mode and go to the Larder spot.

~Tear down you existing Larder.

~Rebuild Oak Larder.

~Tear down Oak Larder.

~Rebuild with another Oak Larder.

~Just keep on rebuilding them.

While doing this, get the new planks by telling your Butler to fetch them for you.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

It's fairly easy to understand...

• ~You get a large amount of Oak planks into your bank.

~Put your house into building mode and go to the Larder spot.

~Tear down you existing Larder.

~Rebuild Oak Larder.

~Tear down Oak Larder.

~Rebuild with another Oak Larder.

~Just keep on rebuilding them.

While doing this, get the new planks by telling your Butler to fetch them for you.

No offense, but that must be a painstaking way of leveling construction...all that clicking... :pray:

SOTW_Tag1.png

here!

Okay, so how much do I have to pay the butler to keep getting the planks?

There is no set time, and the fee depends on the type of Butler you have.

You don't really want to have your Butler make the planks, you want to have them all ready.

Gold_Tiger10, I am 100% sure that an Oak Larder is not a piece furniture, therefore it can't be flatpacked.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Well it depends on which butler you have. I suggest using the "butler" butler, because I went very quickly with him, and there was no way that I could go faster with a demon butler.

Here's how it goes:

1) Have a bunch of noted oak planks in your inventory. Also have a saw and hammer. Make sure to also bring some money! 50k for every 1k planks is suggested. Then fill up your inventory with random things until you only have 16 space open. (Don't have any un-noted oak planks yet)

2) Use your noted oak planks with your butler. Tell him to unnote 16. He will leave.

3) When your butler returns with your unnoted supplies, take them and then immediately tell him to unnote 16 more. (By using the noted planks with him)

4) Now build a larder, and remove it. Build a larder and remove it.

5) By now, your butler will have returned, and you should repeat steps 3-4.

Remember, tell your butler to unnote planks before you use the planks in your inventory! That way he travels to the bank while you build, and when he comes back he is always right next to you, so unless he wanders away really quickly, you will never have to go far to tell him to unnote.

Also, If he ever has to be paid, pay him. He will give you your unnoted planks when you talk to him next, so talk to him immediately, and then tell him to unnote more.

Good luck with your construction training! :D

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

If you want the math behind it, it goes something like this...

Take the number of planks you got and divide that by the number of items your Butler can bring (regular 20, demon 26, ect). Round this number up and then multiply by the amount your butler asks for paychecks.

Now take all your planks (noted) and the money you calculated above with you to your house and camp by a larder space (I built an extra kitchen in my house for the soul purpose of training). Make sure you have a Saw and HAmmer with you as well. Then have your butler bring you the planks from your inventory and build/tear down the larder (Oak Larders take 8, which makes it the most time efficient: Most planks used per build).

Note that if you use a Demon Butler, even though you'll only have 24 inventory spaces for planks, continue to have your butler bring you 26. Your butler will hold the extra items and it won't count against your count for when your paycheck comes up.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Thanks again for all your speedy responses. From my level now (34), it would take about 1,110 oak larders to get me to my goal (67- make all teletabs :twisted: ). 8 planks each, 250 gp each plank, plus costs for the butler, it will cost me about 2.7 M. not as bad as i expected :-k

Bellator_II.png

Goal: All stats 70+

Thanks again for all your speedy responses. From my level now (34), it would take about 1,110 oak larders to get me to my goal (67- make all teletabs :twisted: ). 8 planks each, 250 gp each plank, plus costs for the butler, it will cost me about 2.7 M. not as bad as i expected :-k

Upon reaching that level, that number won't do you squat anymore... :thumbsup:

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat