Discussion

archimage_a

No, we stay the same. We were not affected by the flash in any way, except as a bright light. The only difference is that there are now people in the world.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh... That is for you to find out. There is no creative factor involved in me telling you who they are, largely because it isn't amazingly important. The fact is that there are people here and by using the information in the World Thread you should be able to make a guess(create) the people that you meet using your imagination.

If there are specific questions you want to ask then go ahead and ask them, but I am not going to create a couple of million characters for you to interact with.

what do these people know?-Their own story

who are these people?-People who live in Rusco

Might be difficult for me, since I am miles away. It might be best to develop a storyline where you are, then our people will be spread out over three areas, rather than clustering together. I mean part of the Rusco idea was that people would develop individual stories which would feed into the meta story, rather than just having one band of people because that tends to stagnate in only a few days.

I'm going to be gone this weekend, so I won't be around to post, so do what you will with me Hawks and Mrk. I just want to say that my character really doesn't know how to teach other people his knowledge, so is still reluctant about the whole school thing.

While I'm gone, I'm going to think about something to post, and do that when I get back. So, yeah.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Riot!

No, seriously don't. Anyway, I am thinking about a Ruscarnia roleplay in the Tavern, sort of like the Tip It Kingdoms. It would take place semi-concurrently to keep us on our toes, but wanted to ask people before just doing it =D If people like the idea then I will release it on Monday.

Don't like it archimage.

reasons:

1. It will probably kill of the librarys rusco; if they want to join Rusco - join the library.
  2. Two seperate rusco's will be strange
  3. People in the tavern are more wanting fighting; well that i've noticed. They seem to completly dismiss the hegemony unless it hasn't got fighting in and the only new RP's formed are battle centered.
  4. I hate to say it but I don't feel they deserve it
  5. if you notice what has happened at the moment, everyone is a member of Rusco and not many other RP's - maybe if you leave it for a bit just to keep some people in RP's and then put it in but if you leave it for a bit it might even kill off some RP's
  6. it'll be copying rusco, its exactly the same and basically just the same as moving a thread but keeping a copy of the thread somewhere else.

Albiet, even today i've been thinking of a Rusco type thing, however vampire based with complex systems.

meatlover.png

I agree with Hex. Rusco is basically what's keeping the library alive at the moment, another version of Rusco could very well kill it. It's not like it's hard to join the library anyway.

Might it be possible to cast spells by writing glyphs on one's hands and putting them together to cast the spell? I.e. on my left thumb I have one glyph, and on my right hand I have the spell's glyphs, and when I put my thumb on my right hand it will activate a fireball spell? I'm thinking the Pawyans could do that, as they are appear to be a very aggressive race.

It would be possible for them definitely, but for your average person no... The issue is dexterity, if you were to accidently do it you could kill yourself and even if it wasn't lethal you could still slide into Magical Fatigue if you kept doing it. If you take speaking we use our hands so much and we don't even think about it.

Also they would need to be tattooed on, if you just drew them on then sweat would smudge it, rendering it less effective or changing the nature entirely.

They would also need a way of directing the spell...At the moment casting is fairly simple, you can write 'attack here' in to the spell or erupt from the sheet forwards(in the case of written spells). If it was on your thumb then you would need to specify which way your thumb was pointing since both would alter the nature of the spell you cast. But I guess this would be more honoured in the breach than in the observance, since your foes could make mistakes of this type(though only relatively young Parmya would do that, once they each 10 or 11 they are pretty much built to kill, most reach that stage before then but as a cut off point.)

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone. Some of you old timers will remember me under a different name: Falcon Bomba.

Gonna put my foot in the door with Aderyn Araea and pay a visit to Rusco after all this time.

B) How does something with a mass between 2 and 2 billion times that of the Sun "sneak up" on anything? Even the smallest stellar mass black holes have a diameter of 6000 metres. That's like saying "Oops, I didn't see Mars creeping up on me from behind."

That makes me wonder how many of us there are...

Well, I think if we're going to start again, we should start the story new; new characters with no people inhabiting Rusco. I honestly think the people is what killed it last time.

Maybe we should all get together someplace in Rusco? Start a little colony?

B) How does something with a mass between 2 and 2 billion times that of the Sun "sneak up" on anything? Even the smallest stellar mass black holes have a diameter of 6000 metres. That's like saying "Oops, I didn't see Mars creeping up on me from behind."