Discussion

archimage_a

Ok, you will need to make sure you stay up together with everyone else's stories as well as your own...which seems scary now but should be alot of fun.

Well I knew you wouldn't agree. I know how you hate facing facts.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts? Well we don't have many of them :-#

Ok, basically we are on a planet, which, for some unknown reason, is un-inhabited, except by one or two random people. You can only just use other forms of magic and technology, they are always much weaker here. Magic and technology both work here so if you make something you can use it.

These are the basic facts for the Characters:

Xoex Aquanas(Archimage) comes from a Super technologically advanced Universe and has a terrible tale about how it was nearly destroyed.

Hawkxs seems to have come from modern day Earth. He has a jester's hat.

Wizz comes from a techologically advanced world with some magic to, he is searching for the woman he loves.

Tyler I can't remember. He comes from a world with a strong sense of magic though.

Mr Kay is from Runescape.

Zuo Chi is from China, circa 1200 AD something.

Aarea is from an unknown world, but one where magic is used with crystals.

Some of us were brought here by accident, some of us on purpose, but most of us in a combination of the two.

Ok then I'll modify a little bit my character's origin.

Tom Veranda comes from the inside of this planet where there's another world full of humans. The technology is not that advanced, magic is mainly used. He has been kicked out of that world by the king. Rusco, for the kingdom of Herald, is known as a dangerous place for humans. And the severe punishment that Tom has been inflicted to was coming to this side of the world transported by magic. Tom knows his way back but as you said, magic and technology is underpowered in Rusco.

2rwsvao.png2nlzui0.png5ewcaq.png

No Arch, Tyler is from Runescape. Mr. Kay isn't(as far as I know). Tyler is the adventurer from the quests, and is predominantly an archer.

However, here are some other things we think/know.

There are 3 human settlements, Fort Locksmeed, Malburg's Inn, and the city of Silvero.

Fort Locksmeed may have had some kind of uprising, but it was hidden from anyone in the fort.

Everyone on the world apparently just disappeared on day.

The magic native to Rusco is written with strings of Glyphs. Page 2 of this topic has a better explanation by Archimage.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Mr Kay wrote:

I am from Eastern Gielinor, where I work as a hunter. One day I was just doing my job when I found a strange portal and stepped into it.

There are 3 human settlements, Fort Locksmeed, The Chapel and the city of Silvero

Fort Locksmeed is a vast Fortress which is designed to be the ultimate redoubt...It is self-sufficent with a mountain water source.

The Chapel is currently unexplored. Its a small settlement built around a chapel, which is obvouisly important, for some reason. It is the main source of balms and oinments, of which it makes most of its money from.

The City of Silvero is something stolen from the game Exile(The city of Silvar), which is sort of the basis for the roleplay. Its the city that you first come to.

There are seven other sites of interest:

Marlburg Inn: An Inn placed halfway between Fort Locksmeed and Silvero.

Rusco: A small village with a large stone pillar in the middle(The Statue of the First Ruscovian)

Rusco River: The major river for this region

The Meedsworth Mines: The mines west of the bridge.

Midas Bridge: The only bridge across the river Rusco

The Oakwood Sheds: The drying sheds for the Chapel's herbs.

Lake Islands: The Islands just south of the Chapel.

Two questions for us all to agree on: can a character speak Denglisch ('Mein Haar ist naturalich purple. Mir hast ein Problem.' etc)

and would it be okay if a character's guitar also came through the portal?

I wouldn't be apposed to the Denglish as long as an ooc translation came with it. And I don't see how a guitar would hurt, as long as it's got enough sentimental value that whoever brings it doesn't use it as a weapon.

However, might I ask why? Are you making another character?

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

The question on both would have to be why?

Denglish seems needlessly overcomplicated if it is just meant to reflect an accent, however if it is for a member who is more accustomed to Denglish than to English then that would be acceptable, provided that people can understand it(So my personal rule applies, if you can use a shorter, more common word then do so for an international audiance.)

Guitar, personally I would say no because of the size. Though arguably it could come though..so yeah ok.

I would ask that second and third characers go though me first.

Would you please add my character's picture in the first post please?

[img=http://i27.tinypic.com/20b0b2u.png]

And I have a question concerning magic. Can I light a campfire with bare hands? And could I sharp a big rock to make it a sword-looking weapon?

2rwsvao.png2nlzui0.png5ewcaq.png

• 4 weeks later...

I will do, it has been mildly problematic since my, new, computer died...taking with it all my files...clever, isn't it. I will try to do it at some point in the next five hours =D.

Houston, we have an update. Minor faults with it, primarily my name in the wrong colour and Midas Bridge not having a tack on...On a more serious note I didn't put the tacks on a different level so I will have to rebuild it next time =(, but thats life, and thats what all the people say.

I have added a world thread for events which effect everyone. Anyone can add to it but the issue has to be fairly large. If there are any questions please feel free to ask them.

86ad684.png

Forget about the earlier pic of Aarea this is the character pic.

Also i'm going to weaken Aarea a bit, its not going to be fun if she has reality warping superpowers.

EDIT: i've now given her telekentic razor cards and removed all her other powers like setting fire to things aswell.

Edited by Hextriplet
meatlover.png

Me being a stickler for facts... English is not that widely spoken, its a minority language here, like, say, Welsh is in our world. While it is conceivable that instructors would have warded their rooms(or something) so that they can understand all the native languages ((In size order) German, Russian, Dutch, Greek, Bulgarian, Albanian, English, Swedish, Spanish, French, Indian) normal people would have to make do with learning the language.

Please see the world thread for a very badly shaded map and statistics.

Yes. No.... Yes and no. :~P

The *people* of Rusco were only called into existence a few hours ago when the flash went off. But have existed, anti-relatively for hundreds of years, though psychologically they have existed for thousands of years.

Also, it is not so much that we have travelled back in time, but rather that they have travelled forward faster than we have.

Its the sort of time you wish Albert Einstein was alive and a member of Falador Library.

Consider it such as this. Rusco as a planet has existed for a number of centuries, ever since the planar storms created it and populated it with people from other planes of existence(The old Rusco) This was followed by eras of peace and prosperity before finally the Shapers happened at this junction it was decided that Rusco could not go on and so great magi created planar portals to take people away from Rusco and place them on different planes. However a *time capsule*, of sorts, was left behind so that one day Rusco could resume, along with about thirty people who wandered the lands looking for new arrivals. The factor no one was counting on was the temporal dispersion field, which made time run differently for each person. This was used to make sure the thirty people didnt die, but had an unforeseen consequence when the *time capsule* was used... It allowed the beings in the *time capsule* to explore the entire world in the blink of an eye, to read all that was to be read and to see all which was to be saw, then go back and *create* people to inhabit these areas. These *people* all had the collective knowledge of their areas, which obviously caused a number of wars, all of which took place inside that flash, bringing the three-four even five hundred year old *time capsule* into sync with the time of the planet, and subsequently into time with the writers.

The *Asterisk Pairs* are merely words which best fit the idea, without stating the complete truth, which would potentially damage the story. Though it is possible to infer what has happened using this and the stories.

Ummmm, the flash brought people to the surface of the world who were fully convinced of their own backstory, even if they didn't actually live it. If that makes sense.