Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Survival Crisis - Z | Zombie Survival Game!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:nerdboyxx
Heya all, I dug up this old game from my old computer's files. I remember it been a lot of fun, and decided to share it with you guys.

You can download it directly from this link: http://skasoftware.com/files/scz.exe

What is survival crisis z?

GAMEPLAY

[yt]Ol73B6siNUY[/yt]

NOTICE TO ALL VISTA USERS!

This game, been quite old, requires some dll registrations for compatibility. I have instructions for 32 bit and 64 bit Vista, so you just have to follow the instructions and you're all set!

32 BIT USERS

You need to download these three files. Or, if you have XP, just copy them over to Vista:

1. dx7vb.dll

2. dx8vb.dll

3. d3drm.dll

Now, one you have these files, copy them over to the system 32 directory. It should be located in C:\windows\system32 if Windows is not installed on the C drive then replace with whatever drive it is located in.

Now, go to start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and RIGHT CLICK and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

In the window, type in the following. Please note that ENTER measn press the ENTER KEY. Don't type it in ;):

1. cd C:\windows\system32

Now, you need to register the dll files. Just type the following:

2. regsvr32 dx7vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

3. regsvr32 dx8vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

And you're all set!

64 BIT USERS

You need to download these three files. Or, if you have XP, just copy them over to Vista:

1. dx7vb.dll

2. dx8vb.dll

3. d3drm.dll

Now, one you have these files, copy them over to the syswow64 directory. It should be located in C:\windows\syswow64 if Windows is not installed on the C drive then replace with whatever drive it is located in.

Now, go to start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and RIGHT CLICK and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

In the window, type in the following. Please note that ENTER measn press the ENTER KEY. Don't type it in ;):

1. cd C:\windows\syswow64

Now, you need to register the dll files. Just type the following:

2. regsvr32 dx7vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

3. regsvr32 dx8vb.dll Click OK on the window that comes up saying dllregserver succeeded

There you go, all done :)

CONCLUSION

If you have any troubles installing the game, need some help getting past certain areas, or just want to discuss this (fun and addicting!) game, please post!

disturbeda.png

gauper_kid
[ Display Name History ]

gauper_kid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 631 posts
Zombies :thumbup: I just might have to download this.
Posted Image

Danqazmlp
[ Display Name History ]

Danqazmlp

To Ass!

• Members
  • 8,491 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Danqazmlp
I'll download it when i'm on my pc which isn't vista, just to make it easier for myself. It looks fun, never heard of it before, but looks like the kind of game i like, made for gameplay and made to be fun.
Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!
Posted Image
Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

I'll download it when i'm on my pc which isn't vista, just to make it easier for myself. It looks fun, never heard of it before, but looks like the kind of game i like, made for gameplay and made to be fun.

Yeah it definitely plays better on any version of Windows that doesn't involve Vista :) but my old PC is horrible, so I'll take all the mucking around to save my hair :P

disturbeda.png

Crimsoncow42
[ Display Name History ]

Crimsoncow42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 712 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Crimsoncow42
Is the actual performance not as good on Vista, or is it just more of a hassle?
Posted Image

evil_mumm_ra
[ Display Name History ]

evil_mumm_ra

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 3,017 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:evil_mumm_ra
  • Clan:TET
takes a while to get used to it, but it's actually sort of fun in an addicting sort of way. my only problem is i found 1 building i could conquer, the rest were like level 9-15. i havent' checked them all, but come on. also, my damn people keep dying uber fast.
WOO TEXT! updated Jan 19, 2009 (last quote)

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

Is the actual performance not as good on Vista, or is it just more of a hassle?

It works fine, just more of a hassle.

takes a while to get used to it, but it's actually sort of fun in an addicting sort of way. my only problem is i found 1 building i could conquer, the rest were like level 9-15. i havent' checked them all, but come on. also, my damn people keep dying uber fast.

Yes, taking over buildings is stupidly hard; I never bother trying, unless I know for sure I can do it. And survivors tend to take damage a lot, so the key is to make sure they're always topped up on health. You can do that via a faction leader :)

disturbeda.png

evil_mumm_ra
[ Display Name History ]

evil_mumm_ra

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 3,017 posts
faction leaders aren't around when i'm in the damn sewers or something and don't realize my survivor has been bitten 3 times and is dying -_-

Crimsoncow42
[ Display Name History ]

Crimsoncow42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 712 posts
Eh, I got stuck on something when I went to the sewers. Meh.
Posted Image

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

:lol: No game is perfect, especially this one. Just hope that you get killed by something so you can get out of there. Or, fire some shots off. That sometimes works.

faction leaders aren't around when i'm in the damn sewers or something and don't realize my survivor has been bitten 3 times and is dying -_-

That does suck :P once you get further into the campaign the survivors can last heaps longer. There is a way to use medkits on them I believe, I just can't remember how... if I remember I'll let you know.

disturbeda.png

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
  • RSN:Mageof Pain4
  • RSN2:InkofDeath
I love it.

Crimsoncow42
[ Display Name History ]

Crimsoncow42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 712 posts
I looked at it more carefully. The ladder was in a pilllar. :shock:

And I managed to take over a lvl 6 house. Survivors with shotguns rock.
Posted Image

evil_mumm_ra
[ Display Name History ]

evil_mumm_ra

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

That does suck :P once you get further into the campaign the survivors can last heaps longer. There is a way to use medkits on them I believe, I just can't remember how... if I remember I'll let you know.

all you do is use the medkit, it automatically heals them too. my problem is i don't notice they are dying, then i end up having to kill them. also, they take a lot more damage to kill than normal zombies, so it's kinda double suck.

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

I love it.

Good to hear :)

:lol: Survivors are worth saving when they've got good weapons. Otherwise they're a waste of your medkits.

all you do is use the medkit, it automatically heals them too. my problem is i don't notice they are dying, then i end up having to kill them. also, they take a lot more damage to kill than normal zombies, so it's kinda double suck.

Are. You. Serious.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I haven't played this game in nearly a year, I've forgotten a lot. But I should of realised that :P

disturbeda.png

evil_mumm_ra
[ Display Name History ]

evil_mumm_ra

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 3,017 posts
this game is pretty sweet, i wish i would have spent more time on episode 1 though. i went to episode 2 sort of by accident, and the zombies are a hell of a lot stronger and i counted my party and stuff over. meaning i had to take over a building, to get $0.20 per kill (which doesn't seem to give me anything, even when i was at 0.60 per kill) and to get 0.3 party. i'm at 0.6 party on episode 2 now, and i took over a level 6 building (took 400 flamethrower ammo and some smg, and some handcannon o.o) i'm going to spend more time doing missions and stuff and capturing buildings so i can be a total badass with more bullets than i'll hopefully ever need and a bunch of extra cash.

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

:lol: No game is perfect, especially this one. Just hope that you get killed by something so you can get out of there. Or, fire some shots off. That sometimes works.

disturbeda.png

InkofDeath
[ Display Name History ]

InkofDeath

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,918 posts
  • RSN:Mageof Pain4
  • RSN2:InkofDeath
I love it.

Crimsoncow42
[ Display Name History ]

Crimsoncow42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 712 posts

Posted Image

evil_mumm_ra
[ Display Name History ]

evil_mumm_ra

Retired TET Leader

• Members
  • 3,017 posts

nerdboyxxx
[ Display Name History ]

nerdboyxxx

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,357 posts

I love it.

Good to hear :)

:lol: Survivors are worth saving when they've got good weapons. Otherwise they're a waste of your medkits.

Are. You. Serious.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

I haven't played this game in nearly a year, I've forgotten a lot. But I should of realised that :P

disturbeda.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users